News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

There Has Been An Error!

Started by ~, February 17, 2010, 04:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Quote from: E.O.T. on February 18, 2010, 01:14:02 AMJUST FOR your uptight panty concerns. Yes I would. I don't consider this such a serious "argument" that i can't be light-hearted.

What is "uptight" about being annoyed over someone taking the piss on a country for no apparent reason at all?

In that manner, what is "light-hearted" about taking the piss on a country for no reason at all?

Quotethe trail of epic disaster follows nuclear power everywhere it goes, I think it's insane to continue fucking with it.

Everywhere?!?! :lulz:

Please stop driving your car, don't you see the PILES OF EPIC DISASTER they leave EVERYWHERE??

Do stay away from tall buildings or airplanes, just to be sure.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The French really do make excellent cheese, though.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Hanford wasn't an accident, right?  It was just a case of "BUILD BOMBS FASTER, DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL SHIT LIKE WHERE TO PUT THE HORRIBLE GOO", I thought.

This is not the same as reactors being safe or unsafe.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Incidentally, a line very much like that one resulted in my son.

Molon Lube

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 18, 2010, 05:39:10 PM
Hanford wasn't an accident, right?  It was just a case of "BUILD BOMBS FASTER, DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL SHIT LIKE WHERE TO PUT THE HORRIBLE GOO", I thought.

no, no, no...Hanford was an EPIC DISASTER. You can tell because of the smoking radioactive crater where Richland used to be.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on February 18, 2010, 06:02:55 PM

no, no, no...Hanford was an EPIC DISASTER. You can tell because of the smoking radioactive crater where Richland used to be.

Okay.  Waiting for the bad part.
Molon Lube

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

There were also some accidents which were largely covered up until after the fact, which contributed to the radioactive sludge at the bottom of the Columbia which still prevents us from eating shellfish harvested from the mouth of the river.

Obviously Trojan was also a contributor.

I wonder what the half-life of driving automobiles is?

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

cavehamster

Having skipped all the replies to add my viewpoint, I just would like to say that we'd have no worries about running out of fuel in any reasonable amount of time if we could build breeder reactors that could re-process the waste.

But noooo you can make weapons grade shit with that, so they are banned, so instead we have to use the isotope of uranium that we have the least amount of.  Gah!

Besides, modern pebble bed reactors are about as safe as it gets.  Unlike coal, you are not spewing radiation into the air (really, coal has a lot of radioactive elements in it), you are containing it in one place.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: cavehamster on February 19, 2010, 08:05:00 AM
Having skipped all the replies to add my viewpoint, I just would like to say that we'd have no worries about running out of fuel in any reasonable amount of time if we could build breeder reactors that could re-process the waste.

But noooo you can make weapons grade shit with that, so they are banned, so instead we have to use the isotope of uranium that we have the least amount of.  Gah!

Besides, modern pebble bed reactors are about as safe as it gets.  Unlike coal, you are not spewing radiation into the air (really, coal has a lot of radioactive elements in it), you are containing it in one place.

It's good that you skipped all the replies, as it's a fairly safe assumption that no matter what it is you have to say, no one else has already thought of it over the course of the last four pages.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on February 19, 2010, 05:39:47 PM

It's good that you skipped all the replies, as it's a fairly safe assumption that no matter what it is you have to say, no one else has already thought of it over the course of the last four pages.

Ouch!

Acerbic Nigel is acerbic.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Triple Zero

Did somebody already mention this? Serious question cause it was new to me, but I could have missed it. I'm pretty sure I think I read all four page, if you don't mind me not going to read four pages just to check if I indeed read everything in those four pages :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Triple Zero on February 19, 2010, 06:42:40 PM

Did somebody already mention this? Serious question cause it was new to me, but I could have missed it. I'm pretty sure I think I read all four page, if you don't mind me not going to read four pages just to check if I indeed read everything in those four pages :)

Who cares?  She was nicer than I was going to be.  Cavehamster has a habit of constantly making sure everyone knows how little he cares about their opinions, debating points, etc.  He's a complete shit, and I can't think of anything that would make me come to his defense.  I would not piss down his neck if his heart was on fire.

Fuck him.  Fuck him in his ear.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 19, 2010, 05:50:16 PM

Ouch!

Acerbic Nigel is acerbic.   :lulz:

:thanks:

Replying without reading everything first is something I specialize in, so I think I'm well-qualified to comment.

cavehamster

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 19, 2010, 06:45:22 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on February 19, 2010, 06:42:40 PM

Who cares?  She was nicer than I was going to be.  Cavehamster has a habit of constantly making sure everyone knows how little he cares about their opinions, debating points, etc.  He's a complete shit, and I can't think of anything that would make me come to his defense.  I would not piss down his neck if his heart was on fire.

Fuck him.  Fuck him in his ear.

I like your style, well done!