News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

Sacred Chao Tattoo

Started by NWC, April 19, 2008, 03:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWC

My tattoo, done, by a Discordian at a shop called Sacred Chao Tatoo.
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

Cainad (dec.)

There's srsly a place called Sacred Chao tattoo?

NWC

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

The tattoo artist clearly has technical skill, but unfortunately for your leg, the symbol sucks goatse ass to begin with.

At least you can pull your sock over it.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cainad (dec.)

50 posts, Net.

But do be careful, Certifnord. When THEY start rounding up the weirdos, that tattoo is gonna become awfully suspicious. Also, in accordance with the PD.com Abbreviation Act of the year 1984 ADD, you will be henceforth referred to as CF.

Jasper

Quote from: Netaungrot on April 19, 2008, 03:37:20 AM
The tattoo artist clearly has technical skill, but unfortunately for your leg, the symbol sucks goatse ass to begin with.

It can get revamped later with embellishments.  Simplicity isn't so bad though, is it?

Chairman Risus

Personally, I like the symbol.

Wouldn't get it as a tattoo, but whatever floats your boat.

NWC

Since getting this tattoo, I am able to balance on one foot. I was also previously able to balance on one foot, but that does not by any means decrease the Significance.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't love the symbol, but the tat was done well and in general I have to give props to someone who is willing to brand themselves for life with an obscurely symbolic tattoo representing a joke religion.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

NWC

It actually means alot more to me than that. I am a diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic, and I've gone through years of hell, and Discordianism is what freed me from that. So not only does it symbolize to me the balance between order and chaos, which I think is very important, but it's also a symbol of my acceptance and love of my brain, and it celebrates the fun I have with my paranoia, and it keeps me in check. I got it so that I would never again become a slave of the curse of the Greyface.

Golden Applesauce

Congratulations then.  I bet Omar and Mal never dreamed they'd have that kind of effect on anybody.

I wonder if they spent more than about 10s designing the Sacred Chao symbol....
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Certifnord on April 19, 2008, 06:33:39 AM
It actually means alot more to me than that. I am a diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic, and I've gone through years of hell, and Discordianism is what freed me from that. So not only does it symbolize to me the balance between order and chaos, which I think is very important, but it's also a symbol of my acceptance and love of my brain, and it celebrates the fun I have with my paranoia, and it keeps me in check. I got it so that I would never again become a slave of the curse of the Greyface.

I know some paranoid scizophrenics.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Felix on April 19, 2008, 04:19:53 AM
Quote from: Netaungrot on April 19, 2008, 03:37:20 AM

It can get revamped later with embellishments.  Simplicity isn't so bad though, is it?

1 - True.

2 - Without wit, wisdom, or innovation, simplicity fails.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Payne

Quote from: Certifnord on April 19, 2008, 03:24:06 AM
My tattoo, done, by a Discordian at a shop called Sacred Chao Tatoo.

Uh, it's incorrectly done though!

The pentagon is supposed to be tilted somewhat (so that one of the nearly vertical lines in the above pic ARE vertical), to symbolise that neither "left" or "right" hand paths are dominant, or some such. I'm no expert, but that is a fairly fundamental part of the symbol...