News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

Poster ahoy

Started by Scribbly, May 09, 2006, 01:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scribbly

I got bored and made a poster of my own, I think I've found somewhere to print them off (library at a town where nobody knows me) when this is done I'll stick 'em up around my area. Bwa-haha-haha.

Currently its a doc though... if anyone has any good ideas as to how to let you guys see a doc let me know  :P
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Cain

Screen shot then imageshack?

Scribbly

Tried that, you can't read some of the text very well.

When I've printed one, I'll scan it and put that up.

Cain

OK, sounds good.  Some new guy on POEE is working on some BNP mock posters, should be a good few weeks for us lot at this rate.

Scribbly

Here we go!

[/img]

deet

I like the "HEY YOU," at the top. Hey you hey you hey you hey you, lol.
All walls have two sides.

East Coast Hustle

I like it, but I have two things to nit-pick about:

1) we have GOT to lose the "Hail Eris! All Hail Discordia!" from EVERYTHING. It's incredibly fucking cheesy, and totally meaningless to potential neophytes.

2) I'll be accused of being an asshole for saying this, but I don't think we should include a link to EB&G in any of our material. Nothing against Bella and her board, but it's not exactly a hotbed of discordian activism. I think our tactic should be one of near-total immersion for new people, and anyone who's as interested in this as we want them to be might be turned off by EB&G or decide that we're not serious about this (spare me the lame "ZOMG DISCORDIANS ARE NEVAR SERIOUS!" crap, please) as we actually are. EB&G is a great place for us to relax and shoot the shit and discuss lighter material, but it's not a good place for potential neophytes to start out.

all that said, I really like the design, especially the huge HEY YOU at the top. good work.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

I agree with the EB&G sentiment, but for another reason.  Most people who see this are not going to know what a Discordian is.  Both here and POEE have the Principia Discordia and numerous "starter materials" whereas EB&G is only a forum.  No explanation really.  I know Bella plans to extend the site at some point to include articles and writings, but I'm not sure when or what she wants to put up.

LHX

the design is classic

people might not get the 'cabbage' reference
and 'smell the cheese' might not be enuf to reel them in

nice work
neat hell

Scribbly

Cool, thanks guys.

I was going to go with smell the bullshit... but... I've stuck them up over school, and I figured swearing would only get them taken down faster (at the moment head boy/girl elections are going on- so they have the advantage of poster-camoflague. Or however you spell that)

I went with Eris because I figured we are still going with the whole semi-religious thing, thus we need a deity... and I stuck the EB&G link on it because its just one more place... irritatingly I didn't notice it was hyperlinked until I'd actually printed the first one- and it costs me money to print these things at the library so... its stuck like that for the first batch.

Thus far the response I've had from school is less than encouraging, however, tomorrow I'll stick some up at likely looking locations on my walk home, and do a redesign for the next batch.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

I have to agree with not linking to EB&G. Jakes, OMs, and trolling doesn't go over well there and a lot of the people don't seem to have much of an interest in Discordianism.

P.S. Also, "HAIL DISCORDIA" etc. doesn't really seem to work too well these days.

P.P.S. We should probably try to get away from a lot of the discordian cliches...

Proxy

Quote from: East Coast HustleI like it, but I have two things to nit-pick about:

1) we have GOT to lose the "Hail Eris! All Hail Discordia!" from EVERYTHING. It's incredibly fucking cheesy, and totally meaningless to potential neophytes.

2) I'll be accused of being an asshole for saying this, but I don't think we should include a link to EB&G in any of our material. Nothing against Bella and her board, but it's not exactly a hotbed of discordian activism. I think our tactic should be one of near-total immersion for new people, and anyone who's as interested in this as we want them to be might be turned off by EB&G or decide that we're not serious about this (spare me the lame "ZOMG DISCORDIANS ARE NEVAR SERIOUS!" crap, please) as we actually are. EB&G is a great place for us to relax and shoot the shit and discuss lighter material, but it's not a good place for potential neophytes to start out.

all that said, I really like the design, especially the huge HEY YOU at the top. good work.

True statements.

deet

is "Ewige Blumenkraft," too cliche?

Shibboleet The Annihilator

That could go either way if you ask me.

So could fnord.

Now that I think about it fnords might be more relevant than ever at least in U.S. media.

deet

fnord needs more syllables, to compete with modern media

"paralogical disinformation" ?