News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

A short brag

Started by LMNO, March 18, 2009, 12:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Richter

I like.  It's got an odd quality to it, like you're on the verge of recognizing part of it, but it never QUITE goes where you'd expect the it to.  Not quite active or sedentary like some music, this strikes me more as music to think to.  The way thoughts flow and jump is the easiest parallel I can draw.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

LMNO

Yeah, it has a main "idea" it keeps coming back to (the first 8 notes in the upper register), but it never exactly repeats itself.  There is always a bit of variation somewhere.

The cello piece isn't coming along too well.  I need some sort of framing device.

AFK

niiiiice

I get a bit of a jazz-cum-classical feel from it.  I can also imagine it sounding pretty neat on a harpsichord. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

You wouldn't get the dynamics, but I see where you're going.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne

A lot of tension/dissonance, which makes a seemingly light simple piece actually pretty dark and dramatic all told.  Lovely work, LMNO.  I hope it takes you places.  :D

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: LMNO goes back to the Big Blue Cock on March 18, 2009, 12:31:54 PM
So, I wrote a piano piece a while back.  It was based on a canon at the 5th, but then I monkeyed around with it.  I liked it, so I sent it to my aunt, who is a piano teacher, so vet it for me, check if I got the voiceings right, or if I wrote it as if you'd need 6 fingers on each hand to play it.

Well, she freaked out on it.  Was absolutely floored.  So much so that she sent the score to a music professor at Hood College named Noel Lester, who (so she says) is constantly looking for contemporary composers.

We're waiting to hear back from him, but I just wanted to boast and posture for a minute.

Congratulations

if I had access to a piano I would love to see and play it
But wont have access till July
:)
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante