News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

Rand Paul finally commits the ultimate sin.

Started by LMNO, November 05, 2013, 06:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

His supporter's excuses will be DELICIOUS.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

At least one of them was in a published book -- isn't there some sort of penalty that gets imposed for stuff like that?

Can't be loss of credibility, otherwise he'd be in negative numbers.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It looks like he almost made a half-assed attempt at paraphrasing. Sort of.

Betcha anything the reason he does it is because he thinks he's above getting in trouble for things they tell the little people not to do, though.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

I_Kicked_Kennedy

Well, when he was offered the job by the patron sponsors of the ultra-right, he was told:
1) We'll tell you what to say
2) We'll write the legislation that you bring to the floor
3) We'll send you talking points and slogans from our researchers on the daily
4) Outside of that,  talk out of your ass, so long as the core summary of what you say is "fuck everyone who isn't a billionaire. "

He was under the mistaken impression he was "CTRL-C then CTRL-V" in human form. The best part is during the one interview where he kept referring to it as "footnoting" or "footnoted" in reference to his papers in school. Um Rand, did you mean "cite" and "citations"? Was it MLA or APA? Or do you have absolutely no clue because you paid someone to do that for you, as well?

Judging by your complete lack of comprehension of reality in all of its forms, I'll assume that was the case.
If I had a million dollars, I'd put it all in a sensible mutual fund.

Ben Shapiro

Nephew Twiddleton

You know, out of the corner of my eye it looked like the title was "Rand Paul finally commits suicide" and I was like, damn dude, that's cold.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Ben Shapiro

Cain

Come on now.

Does anyone believe Rand Paul actually wrote that book?  Really?

No, some staffer (probably secessionist loon and Confederate supporter Jack Hunter) decided to crib pages from old Heritage Foundation papers, and Paul's sin is being stupid enough to plaster his name over something he didn't get independently checked first.

LMNO

Cain

No, Ron Paul was perfectly capable of writing his own distorted ideas down, as it turned out.

Quote"[People] close to Paul's operations said he was deeply involved in the company that produced the [racist] newsletters, Ron Paul & Associates, and closely monitored its operations, signing off on articles and speaking to staff members virtually every day.

"It was his newsletter, and it was under his name, so he always got to see the final product. . . . He would proof it,'' said Renae Hathway, a former secretary in Paul's company and a supporter of the Texas congressman.

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Reginald Ret

Quote from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_king_(folklore)In The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents by Terry Pratchett, Keith skeptically notes that the filth associated with supposedly tying the young rats together at a young age is not found in a rat's nest, and suspects that a rat king is created as a sort of project by a rat catcher himself. In an author's note at the end of the novel, Pratchett ventures the theory that "down the ages some cruel and inventive people have had altogether too much time on their hands".

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"