News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

some of my stuff, when I was into ART

Started by wade, April 14, 2008, 09:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wade

^^^ that one is the VIRGIN BIRTH...

^^a self portrait in black ink pen....   That was done over a year ago now.
REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly
:thumb: :kojak:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You certainly have some artistic talent, but the subject matter...  :emo:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

wade

Quote from: Nigel on April 14, 2008, 10:52:27 PM
the story of my life...  :roll:
REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly

hunter s.durden

Yeah, I'm getting the feeling you have zero perspective on life.

Like you think that getting your I-pod stolen is worse than starving to death in the desert.
This space for rent.

wade

Quote from: hunter s.durden on April 14, 2008, 11:38:25 PM
Yeah, I'm getting the feeling you have zero perspective on life.

Like you think that getting your I-pod stolen is worse than starving to death in the desert.

if I have zero perspective on life, describe to me what a little bit of perspective on life is.  And, what exactly is a lot of perspective on life?

If someone broke into my house and stole my possessions, honestly, I would be angry enough to kill the mother fucker. probably jsut because I am jsut anotehr one of those "average cabbages."   And if I was in the desert left to die, I would hopefully have some knowledge stored away up in my "no perspective on life" head of mine, which would assist me in finding some hydration, just long enough to live another day. 

It is what it is.  being wronged and being left out in austere conditions are two completely different things, I dont see the point in comparing the two situations.    obviously being left in the desert is a lot more physically/mentally demanding then some fuck wit stealing your possesions.  and I suppose...  both situations could potentially be life threatening, that is if you are being mugged at gun or knife point. (from an armed homeless person)

:argh!:

REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly

Cramulus

I particularly like this one:

don't take hunter too personally wzrfe. he's just all cantankerous 'cause Wizards of the Coast isn't buying his Full House RPG.

wade

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on April 15, 2008, 12:38:34 AM
I particularly like this one:

don't take hunter too personally wzrfe. he's just all cantankerous 'cause Wizards of the Coast isn't buying his Full House RPG.

thanks.
I painted that with black ink...  The reference I used for this is a sculpture titled "Portrait of a Roman"
REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: wun-zee-row-fow-er on April 14, 2008, 10:53:21 PM

Oh man, but have you ever been poor? Malnourished? Raped? Beaten? Abandoned? 'Cause angst is all very well, but sometimes enduring actual hardships helps give *depth* to your angst.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Thurnez Isa

i like 'em

some more then others

though i dont know much about painting and stuff, just a budding amateur myself
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

wade

i've lived in a tent for 5 days with a negative 36 degree windchill temperature.  a definite traumatic experience in my life....

I know living in that fucking tent definitely made me appreciate the little things in life a whole lot more.

I have been beaten up, but never by my parents, I've been malnourished, but thats because I was amazingly lazy (stupid).  Never been raped, and if I was, I was not aware of it. and my parents have never abandoned me.  although there was a girl who I guess abandonned me, but who can blame her, i'm screwed up.   I can't really say that I am poor, even though I do come from a lower working class family.... but never a "holy fuck im on the streets poor."  thankfully.

I'm just saying, not trying to say I have depth or anything.  a lot of what I have went through is nothing compared to others.

REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly

wade

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on April 15, 2008, 02:00:17 AM
i like 'em

some more then others

though i dont know much about painting and stuff, just a budding amateur myself

some of those are from art class, but most of them were just done for fun.  fun and quick.
REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Why did you live in a tent for 5 days?

Anyway, I do think you have talent, you should definitely continue with your artwork. I just feel like the subject matter is a touch predictable. Did you go to Catholic school?

Payne

Quote from: Nigel on April 15, 2008, 01:49:50 AM
Quote from: wun-zee-row-fow-er on April 14, 2008, 10:53:21 PM

Oh man, but have you ever been poor? Malnourished? Raped? Beaten? Abandoned? 'Cause angst is all very well, but sometimes enduring actual hardships helps give *depth* to your angst.

TI(almost)TCM

Doesn't really have to be hardships though, more like diversifying technique a bit more, maybe expanding into different subject matter a bit more, pushing boundaries.

I like the execution, though, for what it's worth, if (not really) the subject matter.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I was mostly responding to the "story of my life" comment... I don't think a person has to experience actual hardship to be an excellent artist, but if one wants to focus on angsty subject matter, actual hardship makes it more, y'know, non-ironic.

Thurnez Isa

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante