News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

OMGASM at BlackIronPrison.com

Started by Cramulus, January 16, 2008, 07:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

Did a lot of editing this morning, including reorganizing and adding more stuff to the main OMGASM page.

Next to be updated is the How You Can Help page. Can you guys help?

http://www.poee.co.uk/bip/index.php?title=How_you_can_help

since right now, the best way to help is to check in at PD and add to the discussion, we should make a central list of the threads about this project.

Now that there are a bunch of them, I'm having trouble finding them. Also, I'm really busy at work ATM. Too busy to be hacking at this. ;-)

Cain

Someone make me an account.

I can't promise anything before the weekend (I have exams tomorrow, and then I'm going to get roaringly drunk, have a fantastic meal, great sex and sleep, for those wondering) but I may be able to come up with something worthwhile on Saturday, once the painkillers kick in.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

Cramulus

I've made TONS of edits and additions over at the wiki. Please stop in, have a look around, and comment.

BIG TO-DO

http://www.poee.co.uk/bip/index.php?title=Discordian_Websites_and_Communities

Please list other Discordian sites you're aware of!

Notes
(mostly to self)

We need to flesh out the GASMGASM, the project to spread the word about this project.

I want to have a GASM which is related to putting up posters, flyers, and meme bombs. The core page should contain links to all sorts of printable / distributable media. (like the Meme Bomb Collection, volume Aleph). Project name brainstorm: postergasm, memegasm, bombgasm, shrapnelgasm, seegasm, whoregasm, handgasm (as in handouts), word-of-mouthsgasm: WOMGASM.

The Web2.0 page needs a lot of cleanup. Maybe structured like this:
-What is Web2.0?
-Why is it the right tool for Discordians to use?
-What web2 apps are useful for us, and how to use them

tripzip we should talk about deez nuts.

Cain

I saw 000 had used delicio.us to bookmark/tag Discordian sites.

I could cover StumbleUpon in the same manner, and if one of you was on Digg, that would be mega useful.

Triple Zero

im just collecting relevant links, tagging them.

if anyone got a del.icio.us account, add me to your "network", name's "triplezero".
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

OK.  I don't actually have an account, so I am of little use on that end.

Then again, tagging half a dozen sites as Discordian can hardly hurt...I'll look into it tomorrow.

Triple Zero

i cleaned up the page about web2.0 on the wiki. mostly i added some capitalization and headings (i have the feeling people like capital initial letters if they have to read something :-P), fixed a few spelling errors and improved some (but not all) crappy wording.

what would also be useful, since the wiki itself is also about the BIP, is to create a wiki category for the GASM project. cause that makes sense. i'll try and find out how to do it :)

e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Cramulus

I just got signed up on digg and del.icio.us

Digg is useful in different ways, as far as I can tell.

First, it's only set up so that you can digg news, images, or videos. Not cool websites. (such as the OMGASM wiki) I've been digging them anyway as "news".

Digg has "upcoming links", "popular links" and "dropped links". When you post something, it gets put in upcoming. If it gets a certain number of hits in a certain amount of time, it gets bumped from the upcoming list to the popular list. Otherwise it falls into the dropped links list.

It seems like Digg is good if we want to swarm on an idea. If we digg something, we should follow-up by getting everyone we know with a digg acount to digg it.

At this point I'm starting to think we should have an OMGASM subforum. We only have like five or six threads about this project, but we should centralize discussion. It'll also make it easier for recruits to focus / find the relevant stuff.

Vexati0n - could I trouble you to redesign this image http://www.poee.co.uk/bip/index.php?title=Image:Ag-declaration1.jpg to point at the OMGASM section of the BIP wiki?

Barumunk - I made some comments for you on the talk page of one of the articles you posted (by LHX). If you're looking to do some clean-up / fleshing out of the wiki, one of the things we could really use is someone to go through the current BIP pamphlet (see my sig) and update the wiki pages, as some are out of date. the TOC and contents of the wiki is based on the original BIP pamphlet, and there have been numerous edits since then.

barumunk

:D Prof.cram: noted. :D

kul, i dont mind getting onto that

"For it is with the mysteries of our religion, as with wholesome pills for the sick, which swallowed whole, have the virtue to cure; but chewed, are for the most part cast up again without effect." Thomas Hobbes

I was always taught to chew everything before i swallow.

Triple Zero

http://www.poee.co.uk/bip/index.php?title=Category:GASM

creating a new category appears to be as easy as adding [[Category:GASM]] underneath every page which you think belongs to the category. which i have just done for every link on the OMGASM page.

Triple Zero

i just got a digg account too (username: ayinsophaur, triplezero was taken..) and dugg the "ron paul lizard heat vision" story. also added you (cramulus) as a friend.

also:
http://del.icio.us/tag/digggasm
http://www.shorttext.com/7pdpf

and a funky logo thanks to roflbot:

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

LOL, just got a del.icio.us account "Daath_Voidius" and digg "DaathVoidius".

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cramulus

Yo, do you other wiki admins think it would be prudent to open up registration to the general public?