News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

Please Pardon my Purging...

Started by AFK, December 13, 2006, 05:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE THINKING???

Have you ever had abortion protestors in your neighborhood?  I,Äôm not talking about the nice old lady who goes to the church down the street who tries to give good intentioned advice.  I,Äôm talking about the clan that travels city to city, town to town.  They line the major highways and streets, shouting their slogans.  And, of course, there are the visuals.

The grotesque pictures of aborted fetuses. 

They hope to shame and shock those who have gone through the procedure.  To show them the bloody error of their ways.  To show how they desecrated life.  All the while not showing the least bit of reservation about displaying it for those who do not need to see it.

There are those who have gone through trauma.  They are in a situation where bringing a life into the world just isn,Äôt a good idea.  They know they would be inadequate parents.  They know they could not feed the child.  Or, other reasons.  Then, you have another set of people.  The ones, who, involuntary, lost a developing life very early in the process.  The ones, who went through the gut-wrenching, soul-crushing episode that is miscarriage. 

But, the cold and unfeeling medical industry will label it as, ,Äúan abortion,Äù because it happened before 12 weeks.  Yeah, it,Äôs just a billing term, the Doc says.  But, in society, it is a stigma.  Meanwhile, the cold, unfeeling protestors display their images.  Unknowing and/or uncaring that they are re-traumatizing women who, not of their choice, had a pregnancy end very pre-maturely.  They did not have a choice.  They wished for this life force to come to fruition, while nature had other plans.  Yet, they are subjected to the cruel, ignorant indifference of religious zealots. 

But, religious zealotry is like the War on Terror.  Collateral Damage be Damned.  All I know is that if they decide to come to my town, they best not darken my doorstep.  Because I will not think twice,Ķ
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Suu

I LOVE Pro-Lifers! I tell them flat out that I had a miscarriage at 4 months and that if I try to carry to term it will risk my life! Oh!!!! And that I had a friend who was raped and got pregnant, who gave birth, and ended up COMMITTING SUICIDE because the fact that this CHILD was the seed of her fucking rapist!

Don't forget the day I was ambushed at Planned Parenthood for going it to get treated for a UTI. Bwahaha, I threw bricks at them from a nearby pile until the security guard pulled me inside 'for my own safety.'

They're one of my all time favorite targets, along with PETA.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jenne

I think the term docs use most often is "DnC"...they in fact rarely refer to it as an abortion.  Just like heart attack is myocardial infarction.  Or "infarc" for short.

I used to be ProLife...or on the fence anyway.  Until I went to church (this is RIGHT before I left it...so in the mid-90's) one Sunday and they were showing pictures of aborted fetuses on this huge ass'd screen.  WTF?--I wanted to scream and run, but instead I sat and then just closed my eyes.

They were preaching to the CHOIR on this one (literally AND figuratively), and they had absolutely no shame about doing it.  For some bizarre reason, from that day on I became prochoice.    Pro-abortion even.  So their plan backfired in a huge way.  IDIOTS.

Same with this jackoff in this huge trailer-truck in Oceanside who has plastered a huge billboard size picture of an aborted fetus on his truck with the red words capitalized and bolded "ABORTION KILLS!!!"  He also has all sorts of "interesting" shit on his truck, painted largely for all eyes to see, like "The Pope Killed Jesus" and "The Jews Are Evil!"...quite a crank, that guy is.  He puts that truck out in parking lots and on peoples' residential streets til the cops come and tell him to move it.

Thurnez Isa

well the major issue i have with pro-lifers  is they make any serious debate on the topic nearly impossible - if impossible
im in no way a pro-lifer but i do think there is need for some legitimate debate on what is human life and when we have the right to end it....
now obviously in cases of insest, rape, or where there's even a hint of the woman's life is at risk these should "always" be considered special cases - and even if the woman has made a clear decision, without any "outside influences" to end the pregnancy then I have NO problem
but many of these decisions are made under direst and divided debate doesn't help.
and if its a case of the man pushing for it, or abandoning his responsibilites, somewhere someone has to to step in and basically say , "be fucking responsible."

also a major problem i have with the the divided protests that occure over this issue is it doesn't allow for the woman to weigh every option without outside influences
there are plenty of couples who cant have children and want them, and have been dicked around by the adoption companies for rediculas amounts of time
yes the psychological effects on the woman can be pretty devestating for setting up a child for adoption, but so can aborting one, or having a child cause of a situation that is unhealthy for anyone and possibly outside of their control.
its a no win situation for her
but considering whats best for the child...
and if we in canada (can't speak for the others here) say that we are a "welfare country." we should start to act like one
if we cant surport a broken family, but can surport some dropout who just wants to smoke dope and not work we have no buisness calling ourselves a country which cares about the less fortunate
also i have no problem with the courts getting involved and forcing deadbeat fathers to actualy take responsibility and even forcing them to take care of the child if the woman for whatever reason can not
why bare all responisibily on the woman - unless it was artificial, or some freaky shit was going on she didn't asexualize that child, or have a virgin conception

i guess "personally" im pro-choice but only if all other options have been carefully considered and rejected
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

AFK

Quote from: Jenne on December 13, 2006, 06:26:28 PM
I think the term docs use most often is "DnC"...they in fact rarely refer to it as an abortion.  Just like heart attack is myocardial infarction.  Or "infarc" for short.

Yeah, that's the procedure but he also mentioned that when it comes to the paperwork the term "abortion" will be on it because it happend before 12 weeks.  I forget exactly what he called it.  "[something] abortion].  I know it's just a technical classification but it still seems pretty cold to me.  Of course, I'm biased because I'm in the situation. 

Jenne

Yeah, I know.  :(

I think life itself is pretty cold...esp in times like these...

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 13, 2006, 06:37:51 PM
Of course, I'm biased because I'm in the situation. 

thats understandable

just hope you know my last post too was a post about the how protesting is causing the debate to become divided and just plain undebatable - not about your situation in perticular

actually i wanted to add before but got lost in my post
first time i heard of a miscarriage being considered an abortion... thats actually really strange and almost wrong
the doctors should know the issue is so political and only use the term sparingly - otherwise they're throwing people to the wolves
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Suu

That's exactly how I feel. It's not right for a woman to get repetitively knocked up and get continuous abortions. that's dumb, uneducated, and will probably cause health problems.

It's about weighing your options and the circumstances at hand. Yes, a woman should have a right to do what she wants with her body without outside influence. I don't feel that the government or church should intervene. By taking away a woman's right to have an abortion, the risks of illegal, unsanitary, and downright dangerous attempts.

Crap, I know if someone told me that it was against the law to get an abortion even though a pregnancy could risk my life, I know I'd hitchhike my ass to Canada to get one.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Quote from: kaousuu on December 13, 2006, 06:57:20 PM
That's exactly how I feel. It's not right for a woman to get repetitively knocked up and get continuous abortions. that's dumb, uneducated, and will probably cause health problems.

I dare you to find me one piece of evidence that any woman, anywhere, uses abortion as a repetitive form of birth control.

Cain

Do columns by Richard Littlejohn (the British answer to O'Reilly) count?

LMNO

Suu

Quote from: LMNO on December 13, 2006, 07:15:22 PM
Quote from: kaousuu on December 13, 2006, 06:57:20 PM

I dare you to find me one piece of evidence that any woman, anywhere, uses abortion as a repetitive form of birth control.

Not saying that there definitely is, because it would be wicked costly, but I'm sure I can dig up something.

AFK

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on December 13, 2006, 06:44:44 PM

just hope you know my last post too was a post about the how protesting is causing the debate to become divided and just plain undebatable - not about your situation in perticular

actually i wanted to add before but got lost in my post
first time i heard of a miscarriage being considered an abortion... thats actually really strange and almost wrong
the doctors should know the issue is so political and only use the term sparingly - otherwise they're throwing people to the wolves

It's cool.  And I wish I remembered exactly what the doctor called it.  But basically, medically a miscarriage is when the pregnancy fails after 12 weeks.  12 weeks is basically where a pregnancy is "safe."  In otherwords if the pregnancy is going to fail it most often happens in the first 12 weeks.  So if things don't come together properly from the beginning [I know, real eloquent I am] more often than not the pregnancy will stop in that time frame. 

When we get the paperwork I will post the accurate term.  I just think it is ridiculous that such a loaded word would be used to describe an incident such as what my wife just went through. 

I believe I may have a raison d'etre out of this whole thing. 

East Coast Hustle

damn. sorry to hear about that, man. if it happens again, bring a bag of human feces soaked in lighter fluid with you, light it on fire, and throw it into the middle of the crowd of pro-lifers. SOMEBODY will stomp on it to put it out. Old trick, but that's cuz it's hard to beat.

ECH,
really leaving now
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Jenne

I've heard the term "spontaneous abortion," but I doubt that's the phrase you're looking for.