News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

Unofficial What are you Reading Thread?

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 03, 2006, 04:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Kill him.  He'll never borrow things forever again, after that.

No Logo wasn't bad, I felt, but this is shaping up to be much better.  Plus its like 4 times the size of No Logo as well.  Its huge.  And yellow.  Bright yellow.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cain on February 08, 2008, 08:55:31 PMKill him.  He'll never borrow things forever again, after that.

:lulz:

i never even finished No Logo

cause it just went ooonnn and onnnnn and onnnn

the first couple of chapters about the history of brands was interesting, though.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

I cant actually remember that much of it.

Also, reading John Mearsheimer's The Tragedy of Great Power Politics.  Its a course text, but I've been meaning to read it anyway.  Mearsheimer recently wrote a book with Stephen Walt about the "Israel Lobby" in the United States which got him a lot of flak, considering he went out his way to show that it was perfectly normal and acceptable for special interest groups to lobby the US on its foreign policy.  This, on the other hand, is his Grand Theory text, his iconoclastic attack on the optimists on Globalization, so it should be interesting.

Jasper

I got my eReader back, (YYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!!) and I'm reading Stephenson's 'Command Line' book.  It's brilliant.

Kurt Christ

I'm reading Homage to Catalonia by Orwell.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Eve

Petersburg by Andrei Bely
Next up: Мастер и Маргарита (The Master and Margarita) by Bulgakov

I sure do love me some Russian lit..
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

LMNO

Cain

Richter

Warren Ellis + Others - Transmetropolitan
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Jasper

Quote from: Richter on February 14, 2008, 07:51:18 PM
Warren Ellis + Others - Transmetropolitan

There are some really good lines from that one.  I occaisionally fail at trying to mimic the style of imprecations.

Richter

Yeah, that kind of rolling psychological analysis is only really possible in print, failing in person unless you really know your mark. 
Alternating questioning of someone's genetic / moral / genital / intellectual capactiy interspersed with properly declined forms of "Fuck" is about as close as IRL can get.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Jasper

Epimetheus

POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

LMNO

I decided to re-read Goedel Escher Bach, as it's been a few years, and I might pick up some new stuff with another go-around.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"Extermination Zone" by Dr. Randall Phillips.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."