News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

GLOMPCHOMPING

Started by Bobby Campbell, September 23, 2014, 03:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

And don't get me started on the fact that I apparently live in a Farraday cage, so my WiFi is for shit.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 25, 2014, 06:16:50 PM
And don't get me started on the fact that I apparently live in a Farraday cage, so my WiFi is for shit.

This is yet another way in which Tucson wins.  Our homes are made out of adobe and stressed javalina shit.  Perfect reception.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Ben Shapiro

I'm assuming Comcast are dicks up in the North. I've never had any problems been a customer since 2004.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Derrick Broze on September 25, 2014, 08:35:39 PM
I'm assuming Comcast are dicks up in the North. I've never had any problems been a customer since 2004.

Comcast should be hit with ARMs, burned to the ground, and the surviving employees fed into laundry folding machines.  Feet first.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 25, 2014, 08:42:59 PM

Comcast should be hit with ARMs, burned to the ground, and the surviving employees fed into laundry folding machines.  Feet first.

As long as I keep getting my 50 mps I could care less.

Faust

Quote from: Bobby Campbell on September 25, 2014, 02:55:36 PM
Just saw something pretty cool about Guillermo del Toro developing a DC movie called Dark Universe with John Constantine, Swamp Thing, The Spectre, Deadman, Zatanna and Zatara. That'll do!

He is supposedly doing it, it was originally going to just be a justice league Dark series. Unfortunately Justice league dark is horribly written and got sucked into tie in event hell. But more positively that means Guillermo has a clean slate to work with.

I've only ever seen Zatara in a very short story of Swamp thing annnnnd [spoiler] His death (and Sargons) is one of the most funny, tragic and awesome scenes I've read. Not only that but thought it was brief it helped define how Constantine gets close to people and then uses them up until there is nothing left. A trait that is a cornerstone of his character. [/spoiler]

The only thing is, when the hell is Guillermo meant to do this, he's got Pacific Rim, Pinocchio, Silent Hills, Crimson Peak and The Strain to think about.

Season two of The Wire threw me the first time I saw it, it felt almost alien to be looking as a bunch of pasty Polish Dock workers after coming to love Idris Alba and the others from the first season. It will make sense where it fits in with the rest, and is just as valid a story as the first season, but it will probably be season 4 or 5 before it does.

The wire isn't my favourite show but I can easily admit it's the best made show. I've only one complaint about it and it's a minor one, is the premise of season 5, and even then, the acting never falters for a moment, the story is still engaging, it just stubs its toe a little.

Season 4 is Amazing. I complained about the child actors in Gotham and there is a saying in Hollywood never to work with animals or children, but Most of the cast of 4 are children and every single one is great, they must have used up this centuries quota of good child actors.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Derrick Broze on September 25, 2014, 08:47:47 PM

50 ACTUAL mps?

AH HAET YEW.

:tgrr:

LMNO

I guess things really ARE bigger in Texas.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 25, 2014, 10:48:52 PM

50 ACTUAL mps?

AH HAET YEW.

Speedtest says I do 94mbps down and 75 mbps up. I like my fiber optic connection.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3788194390
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Ben Shapiro

50 ACTUAL mps?

AH HAET YEW.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Derrick Broze on September 26, 2014, 05:13:19 AM

50 ACTUAL mps?

AH HAET YEW.

HANG ON A MINUTE WHILE I SET PARITY ON MY 150 BAUD ACOUSTICALLY-COUPLED EXTERIOR MODEM.  YOU GODDAMN TEXAN FREAK OF NATURE.

Cain

No, they're dicks down south, too.  I have a friend in Houston, who makes a living doing online video streaming and similar, which means his ability to earn money is entirely dependent on Comcast.  As far as he's concerned, Comcast is the devil.   Despite paying for their fastest service, his internet connection is consistently below what it is meant to be and some days the service is so bad he cannot stream at all.  Comcast have sort of but not really admitted their liability in his case (their engineers admit they are probably at fault somewhere, the company itself wont say a word), but since Comcast is literally the only game in town internet-wise, he's stuck with them until whatever time Google decides to destroy the telecomms cartels with their superfast broadband.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Cain on September 26, 2014, 06:52:02 AM

No, they're dicks down south, too.  I have a friend in Houston, who makes a living doing online video streaming and similar, which means his ability to earn money is entirely dependent on Comcast.  As far as he's concerned, Comcast is the devil.   Despite paying for their fastest service, his internet connection is consistently below what it is meant to be and some days the service is so bad he cannot stream at all.  Comcast have sort of but not really admitted their liability in his case (their engineers admit they are probably at fault somewhere, the company itself wont say a word), but since Comcast is literally the only game in town internet-wise, he's stuck with them until whatever time Google decides to destroy the telecomms cartels with their superfast broadband.

Comcast controls the lines here in Houston. Just never understood the horror stories of it lagging so much. If there is a slow connection it's because of a cable snapped, or exploded underground. Worse thing that ever happened to me was they wouldn't fuck off selling me their phone service. I literally told them "I will make you twitter famous if you try one more time to sell me that fucking phone service. You think I give a shit if I'm being recorded?" As far as their service I guess it must suck in the South side of Houston. Also AT&T is fucking terrible here in this area. Disregard there's the business center 5 minutes away from where I live.

Bobby Campbell

I didn't make it through the Constantine pilot on my first try, which isn't a commentary on its quality so much as on my viewing habits.  I tend to not actually watch TV, but rather listen and glance while working, and some shows just can't be followed like this.

This kinda skews what I think of as good or bad TV. I've tried to watch Game of Thrones 3 or 4 times, but all I know about what happens is that there are battle sounds, horse noises, and people rushing about. Mad Men on the other hand is perfect for me. Dialogue driven storytelling and well established characters / scenery.

20 Minutes into Constantine and all I really knew was that there had been fiery explosions for some reason.

The Wire is serving well so far.  :fnord:

Also, yeah, I kinda can't imagine del Toro actually getting around to that movie, but that it's a possibility sitting on the table is still pretty cool!