News:

You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

Snore, ung, snore, WHAT THE FUCK?

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 07, 2012, 04:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

What the fuck is this shit?  I was just looking around, and suddenly the military can drag us out of our houses and chuck us in jail on mere accusation, with no guarantee of a trial!  This is fucking un-American as hell!1  We just gave money to BANKERS, who are now charging us interest on the loan that WE gave to THEM!  GODDAMMIT!  This is CRAP!  If this was written as a novel, NOBODY WOULD FUCKING BUY IT, because who the hell could maintain that level of suspension of disbelief?

We can somehow afford a few wars that make no fucking sense, but they're cancelling AP classes in the few high schools that could EVER afford them?  A SERIOUS PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE is proposing the re-illegalization of fucking BIRTH CONTROL?2  Regular citizens regularly argue that they don't have - and shouldn't have - the BASIC FUCKING HUMAN RIGHT OF PRIVACY? 

Oh, yeah, and I'm told that CONSENTING ADULTS cannot marry each other, because it offends people who have no fucking stake in the matter?  That people can be LEGALLY BLACK?  That women can be investigated and then ARRESTED for HAVING A MISCARRIAGE?

JUST WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON, HERE?

It's a bunch of shit.  It's some horrible joke.  It's a troll...It HAS to be.   How the fuck is ANYBODY taking this seriously?  I'm not putting up with this shit.  It's not Goddamn funny anymore3, and it's high time whoever is doing this FOUND A NEW BIT. 

I FUCKING DEMAND A BETTER JOKE.

Or Kill Me.  No, really.

1  I am told that this is nothing new for brown people.
2  See my sig.
3  HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's not just funny... it's fucking DYSTOPIAN COMEDY GOLD is what it is. Orwell couldn't have done better, because he wasn't writing comedy, is why.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on January 07, 2012, 06:26:47 AM
It's not just funny... it's fucking DYSTOPIAN COMEDY GOLD is what it is. Orwell couldn't have done better, because he wasn't writing comedy, is why.

I laughed and laughed and laughed and while I was laughing, they were fucking me in my eye socket!  HAW HAW!

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Freeky

Being that I feel merely intensely, bleakly disturbed instead of horrormirth at the State's state of affairs, I don't know what to say.

Nice bile duct usage, though.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

SOYLENT GREEN IS...

oh god it's not funny anymore.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on January 07, 2012, 06:44:16 AM
SOYLENT GREEN IS...

But there's a way it CAN be made funny again.

Need a bit of time to figure it out.  Probably by tomorrow.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 07, 2012, 06:46:23 AM
Quote from: Nigel on January 07, 2012, 06:44:16 AM
SOYLENT GREEN IS...

But there's a way it CAN be made funny again.

Need a bit of time to figure it out.  Probably by tomorrow.

Yeah, I wanna hear this.  :lulz:

Cainad (dec.)

I think it's high time we stopped letting Warren Ellis write the future.

In seriousness though, I think we've hit upon their strategy: they're trying to make too many things go wrong at once. The indefinite "preventative" detention, the schools, the wars, the fucking roads, the banks, the healthcare... and things like gay rights and abortion sprinkled on top to get people's inner "Ook!" all in a tizzy.

Break people up into too many fronts, and then our modern, frazzled attention spans won't be able to stay Angry at any one thing long enough to hold our ground. Instead of squeezing one pressure point, they're jabbing as many as they can, as fast as they can.

Triple Zero

Roger,

why do you hate America?

best wishes,

Belgium.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Penumbral

Maybe this makes me part of the problem, but...

I remember when I cared about some monstrous shit this country was doing 10 years ago. I tried to rally with a group of people also outraged but found none. I tried to educated people on the implications but no one cared. There was a moment in my life when I would have rebelled and happily gone to jail to see something change, but no one wanted to do anything. Now I see people outraged, and... well I just don't care anymore.

You could say that I just want to get back at everyone who didn't listen to me, but I don't think that is the case.

I don't think I am except from the problem either.

I think I could watch a meteor hit this planet and shrug. Instead Ill just sit back while everyone decides to implode.

This isn't a depression thing either. I am just going to do whatever it is I find fun for as long as that lasts. It feels good to not have kids in this country.

Cainad (dec.)

This thread has reminded me of an idea that has popped into my head more than once, but which I have never written down or explored.

I find myself in two minds, in a state of long-term cognitive dissonance.

On the one hand, I can see what this country is headed for, what it's screaming for. I know there's incredibly strange, troubled times ahead. However, I don't know what my place in this ever-shifting monstrosity of a world will be. There's lots of well-meaning advice out there, but it was meant for a different time.

On the other hand, I truck on with my vague life goals. I still act like I'm gonna get a degree, a career, a home, a family. I don't mean that I expect any of those things to come smoothly, or easily. But I do have preconceived notions of what I'm "supposed" to accomplish, and what is "supposed" to be in store for me.

I haven't really made significant changes to my behavior based on what I know or can intuit about events to come.

I don't really have a satisfying conclusion to the above thoughts. Maybe they don't even belong in this thread, but here they are.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Penumbral on January 08, 2012, 03:19:25 AM
Maybe this makes me part of the problem, but...

I remember when I cared about some monstrous shit this country was doing 10 years ago. I tried to rally with a group of people also outraged but found none. I tried to educated people on the implications but no one cared. There was a moment in my life when I would have rebelled and happily gone to jail to see something change, but no one wanted to do anything. Now I see people outraged, and... well I just don't care anymore.

You could say that I just want to get back at everyone who didn't listen to me, but I don't think that is the case.

I don't think I am except from the problem either.

I think I could watch a meteor hit this planet and shrug. Instead Ill just sit back while everyone decides to implode.

This isn't a depression thing either. I am just going to do whatever it is I find fun for as long as that lasts. It feels good to not have kids in this country.

I find taking action with other dissidents to be some of the most fun I've have had.

But by all means, keep trying to convince yourself you don't care, and that there's somehow a need to choose between having a good time and standing up for what you know is right.

You're a coward. Everything you were fighting for 10 years ago is coming to a head, and instead of sacking up you're retreating with your tail between your legs. If shit would have culminated 10 years ago I bet you would have made lame excuses to puss out then too.

Good riddance, you spineless husk of a human being.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Sir Squid Diddimus

I'd like to forward this to the white house. (mostly for the shits and giggles of it)
Give me the OK and it will be done.

Squid,
Not fucking kidding.

Penumbral

Quote from: Net on January 08, 2012, 05:35:51 AM
You're a coward. Everything you were fighting for 10 years ago is coming to a head, and instead of sacking up you're retreating with your tail between your legs. If shit would have culminated 10 years ago I bet you would have made lame excuses to puss out then too.

:lulz:

See, the funny comes from all sides. Nothing matters and I am going to die. Even if I change things and become the father of modern modernism it won't matter tomorrow or in a hundred years. I would rather be an exclamation point in my own existence then be a footnote in the worlds.

I don't believe there are any absolutely good ideas out there. I think the world is obsessed with the apocalypse because that is the only thing we can all agree would be one step forward.

Fuck anyone who tells me "This thing is intrinsically wrong" or "This is the solution." It's all cycle and all I can and will do is exist in the peaks and dips that occur in my life. 

For my information what would sacking up look like? Calling my congressman? Occupying something? Posting twitter opinions? Stapling essays to telephone poles? Getting teargassed for an ideal that will be skewed and watered down before it hits the masses?

I am not folding. I am not giving up on my life. I am simply resining any responsibility for what others do with theirs. Fuck yourself if you want to.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Penumbral on January 08, 2012, 10:09:19 AM
Quote from: Net on January 08, 2012, 05:35:51 AM

:lulz:

See, the funny comes from all sides. Nothing matters and I am going to die.

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

It's sneaky that way because emotional memory triggers can echo for a long time, but they will slowly fade if you have nothing to rekindle them with.

And when the last ember goes black, even the "funny" will suck. And you will either wither away, or you will "sack up" and slowly try and get the fire going again, all the while wishing you'd just kept it burning all along.

QuoteFor my information what would sacking up look like? Calling my congressman? Occupying something? Posting twitter opinions? Stapling essays to telephone poles? Getting teargassed for an ideal that will be skewed and watered down before it hits the masses?

It all starts with giving a fuck. Those things you just named, are only for you to shoot down, because you don't. You won't find anything until you do, either.

Your "fun", I believe they call it "False Slack". You do not escape that trap by giving as little of a fuck as possible. Nothing worth doing is ever easy.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.