News:

PD.com: Ten minutes of your life that you can never get back.

Main Menu

Name Iason's First Born Son

Started by Iason Ouabache, July 01, 2010, 05:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on July 01, 2010, 05:58:19 AM
As I've mentioned before my wife is pregnant and will deliver our son sometime during the month of August. We are completely at a loss for a name for this bouncing baby boy though. We need something epic to go along with his sister's name of Eris Olive. I know, Ares would be the obvious choice but the names sound too similar and would make yelling at/for them too difficult.

Ares Lemonrind!

(to stay with the martini garnishes for middle names)

QuoteI need something that stands out and makes people say, "Wow, that is an incredibly awesome name!"

So far at the top of our list is Andrew (yawn) and Archer (not awesome enough). I need suggestions. NOW!

If Archer is not awesome enough, try Rocketlauncher or Flamethrower?

Quote from: CAPTAIN SLACK on July 01, 2010, 07:46:15 AMWho

Try to get him to go to medical school.

THIS!! :lulz:

I also approve of picking something from the IKEA catalog. EKTORP or something. That's my couch.

or hmm there's Arend [are-ind] and Arjen [are-ian], which are two dutch names that kinda sound like Ares. The first one is also the Dutch word for Eagle, btw.

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: CAPTAIN SLACK on July 01, 2010, 07:46:15 AM
Who

:lulz:
Quote from: PopeTom on July 01, 2010, 08:14:34 AM
Zaphod
Only if he comes out with 2 heads.

Quote from: Telarus on July 01, 2010, 08:19:44 AM
http://tekeli.li/onomastikon/

This website is all spatted out by culture, but it's one of the best Name resources I've ever seen.
Nice. I'll have to look through all of the Greek names after getting some sleep. Do you think I could slip Telemachus past my wife?  :fnord:
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cainad (dec.)

This website is all spatted out by culture, but it's one of the best Name resources I've ever seen.

The first part I noticed was the "Tekeli-li!" and I began to wonder just what kind of name you were suggesting. :lulz:

LMNO

Triple Zero

Every time I named something Nyarlathotep, it broke or started to behave rather oddly very soon.

"Every time" being one computer I had to install at a job, and some old harddrive of mine. After that, I decided to stop meddling about with the names of Faceless Things that Cannot be Known.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Rumckle

It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Suu

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on July 01, 2010, 11:11:11 AM
Quote from: CAPTAIN SLACK on July 01, 2010, 07:46:15 AM
Who

:lulz:
Quote from: PopeTom on July 01, 2010, 08:14:34 AM
Zaphod
Only if he comes out with 2 heads.

Nice. I'll have to look through all of the Greek names after getting some sleep. Do you think I could slip Telemachus past my wife?  :fnord:

Screw Telemachus, go with Odysseus.

Or start working your way down the pantheon...Priapus if he's well endowed, of course.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cramulus

Cramulus

Zachariah

Achilles

Killian

Mordenkainen

Cramulus

Rumckle

It's not trolling, it's just satire.