News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

ATTN, ADMIN GROUP (and anyone interested)

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 11, 2014, 02:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 11, 2014, 12:01:22 PM
Has everyone started using that retarded list of FBI acronyms apart from me?

Seriously, please, unless it's LOL or WTF give me a fucking clue what you're trying to say.

(nothing personal regret, just cranky, old and stuggling with you kids and the WIDFHGSGHWJA jazz)

TITCM = This is the correct motorcycle.   Old PD acronym indicating that you're riding the right thought.  :titcm: 

Also, if they come back and seem sincere to their error then it's cool in my book.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Bu☆ns on July 11, 2014, 12:22:50 PM

Seriously, please, unless it's LOL or WTF give me a fucking clue what you're trying to say.

(nothing personal regret, just cranky, old and stuggling with you kids and the WIDFHGSGHWJA jazz)

TITCM = This is the correct motorcycle.   Old PD acronym indicating that you're riding the right thought.  :titcm: 

Also, if they come back and seem sincere to their error then it's cool in my book.
Nobody uses TITCM anymore? Damn. I guess I'm not hip anymore.
Also, while urbandictionary has an entry on TITCM, there are almost no TITCM pics on the interwebs.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on July 11, 2014, 07:11:26 AM
I didn't see anything he posted on the forum as bannable but if he is harassing people repeatedly after being told to stop in PM's then sure.

So, referring directly to a POC as "nigriss" (sic) is okay?

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 11, 2014, 01:28:46 PM
I didn't see anything he posted on the forum as bannable but if he is harassing people repeatedly after being told to stop in PM's then sure.

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 11, 2014, 01:28:46 PM

Do you think its OK? Because I certainly didn't fucking say it is.

But it's not the binary choice: Is this ok OR we must ban him.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Junkenstein

Quote from: Regret on July 11, 2014, 01:26:05 PM
Quote from: Bu☆ns on July 11, 2014, 12:22:50 PM

Nobody uses TITCM anymore? Damn. I guess I'm not hip anymore.
Also, while urbandictionary has an entry on TITCM, there are almost no TITCM pics on the interwebs.

I had no idea. I now feel suitably dumb. And somewhat curious to see if that made it into the FBI list.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

See my PM.

I am resigning as an admin, effective immediately.  I will not be attached to an organization that allows direct racial (or any other) slurs to be aimed at any member of said organization.  You are judged by the company you keep, and by what you allow to exist around you.

This isn't butthurt.  It's a moral decision that I spent the last 24 hours thinking about.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

The guy's an asshole, and a horrible person.  I've been ignoring him since he did the "nigga" thing to me on his first day back.

This skirts the line, to be sure.  I'd be comfortable with his ban just because he obviously knows the "core" rules, and feels like he can be reprehensible and awful to other people just so long as he stays in the boudaries, which is totally not why the boundaries are there in the first place.

I want nothing to do with him, and PD would be better if he were not here.  Not entirely my call, though.

Junkenstein

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 11, 2014, 02:29:02 PM
The guy's an asshole, and a horrible person.  I've been ignoring him since he did the "nigga" thing to me on his first day back.

This skirts the line, to be sure.  I'd be comfortable with his ban just because he obviously knows the "core" rules, and feels like he can be reprehensible and awful to other people just so long as he stays in the boudaries, which is totally not why the boundaries are there in the first place.

I want nothing to do with him, and PD would be better if he were not here.  Not entirely my call, though.

Pretty much that.

I can certainly respect Roger's logic with this though.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 11, 2014, 02:10:18 PM
I will not be attached to an organization that allows direct racial (or any other) slurs to be aimed at any member of said organization.

Then dont allow it.
You don't have to use a tool to do that.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Suu

Quote from: Faust on July 11, 2014, 07:09:20 AM
Quote from: The Suu on July 11, 2014, 03:14:10 AM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 11, 2014, 03:12:53 AM
Most likely, he thought he was being clever/ironic/satirical.

"Edgy" even.

Ugh.

Edgy is a word that gets thrown around far too often, more often then not by people who fail to perceive humour and write it off as trying too hard to shock. I'm not saying that is the case here but I wince whenever I see it used in this fashion.

Hence the quotes.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on July 11, 2014, 02:37:52 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 11, 2014, 02:10:18 PM
I will not be attached to an organization that allows direct racial (or any other) slurs to be aimed at any member of said organization.

Then dont allow it.
You don't have to use a tool to do that.

Well, asking him to stop wasn't working.

In fact, it made things worse.

If you stand by while this shit happens, you are in fact tacitly voting for it.  I chose not to vote for it. 

Also, I did not threaten to quit if the ban wasn't upheld.  I did not wish an ultimatum to be attached to the decision.  However, that decision being made, I find myself in fundamental disagreement with the balance of the admin team, on an issue in which I will not budge.

As such, I am no longer able to function as an admin on this board.  I will NOT state that this is an analogue to TCC, but for me to sit idly by, wringing my hands over something that I find as important as I find this, WOULD make ME an analogue for Wyldkat.  In fact, the reason she was condemned was for doing PRECISELY that; placing her desire for admin status above her alleged moral code.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

I don't really have to think about the integrity of the board in the same way an admin does, thankfully. But as a user, so long as this board doesn't turn into TDS, I'd personally rather enjoy seeing a fuckstick pledged to the point of removing themselves, than just merely banned. I guess I'm a sadist that way...

OTOH, reading through that thread, it seems like PL, had the traction for maybe one or two threads worth of other users finding new and creative ways of telling it to fuck off, before, it just became a thing who's presence in a thread would probably cause me to skip right over.

As for Lucifer, I'm chock full of literally don't even. That just seemed like a dumb ass, derp. Really, no clue what was intended.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Reginald Ret

We have our ways of handling unwanted people.
If PL is pissing Nigel off, then I mostly pity him.

I'm skittish about using banhammers though, it is a slippery slope.
Give me a limit beyond which it won't be used and you may convince me, other than that don't hammer me bro.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Gorightly

Probably the best approach would be to just go ahead and ban certain words.  :lulz:

That might be a good way to get everyone on board with a STRICT POLICY OF CONDUCT that will be adhered to and use of such words deemed improper would lead to an immediate ban from this board as well as permanent excommunication from The Discordian Society.