News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Yes, because I can really see hosing down the student accomodation I live in going down well.  :roll:

minuspace

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LuciferX on May 25, 2015, 12:21:30 PM
Quote from: Cain on May 25, 2015, 10:33:12 AM
Well, I feel pretty good.  Last night was the first night in...hmm, about five days that I've had more than 4 hours of sleep a night due to the flat I'm in being ungodly hot and without air-con.

Even with a window open, fan on 24/7 and cold showers before bed, it's still disturbingly warm in here...enough that I sweat just laying in bed.

Maintenance, of course, swear there isn't a problem.
I'd go old-school, attach a hose to best faucet and spray outside of building and street before sleep.  Catching vegetation also helps SA evaporation.  Yay science!

Yeah I could totally see that working in London, makes perfect sense.  :roll:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Yeah, pretty much.  Not to mention the shops on either side of the road, or only being able to put a hose through the main door (which is used by over 150 students, cleaning staff, maintenance staff and electricians every day) etc etc.

In other news, I'm modding Skyrim to get rid of spiders.  Because fuck spiders the size of horses.  There is some shit I will not stand for.  Seriously, someone has already done this for the base game, I'm just expanding his technique to various quest and location mods which, for reasons I cannot fathom, add giant fucking spiders back in.

Instead, everyone will have to fight bears.  Because that's fair.  Bears can kill dragons, so it's hardly making things easier. 

minuspace

Moving forward, I still think an evaporative system, such as a swamp cooler, may work.  The only requirement would be the opening of a window, and maybe decently low levels of atmospheric humidity, in principle.  Then again, maybe I'm simply over-sensitive to heat because I run a little hot, or something, whatever.  I'm not really feeling it anyway.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Hi PD! Long time no see. How are the kids? Your aunt's hairy growth return? Who farted?
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on May 26, 2015, 01:19:11 AM
Hi PD! Long time no see. How are the kids? Your aunt's hairy growth return? Who farted?

HI YOU'RE BACK! YAY!

Doktor Howl

I've been behaving badly.  You?
Molon Lube

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Rocking a crummy but well paying temp job. Waiting f school to start. Wondering how I slept through a full blown gunfight in the neighborhood last night. My cup runneth over, really.
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 26, 2015, 03:06:57 AM

I've been behaving badly.  You?
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on May 25, 2015, 10:33:12 AM
Well, I feel pretty good.  Last night was the first night in...hmm, about five days that I've had more than 4 hours of sleep a night due to the flat I'm in being ungodly hot and without air-con.

Even with a window open, fan on 24/7 and cold showers before bed, it's still disturbingly warm in here...enough that I sweat just laying in bed.

Maintenance, of course, swear there isn't a problem.

You Sir!

Can I interest you in the wonders of Ghetto Air Conditioning? If so, google that.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

That's not far off what I've been doing.  Well, I've been drinking the ice to cool my body temperature before sleep...but close enough.

And also not a bad idea.  Local off-licence sells bags of ice.

Junkenstein

It really does work well. I've walked into many site cabins with a couple of bags of ice and a fan in warm summers and been treated like jesus.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on May 26, 2015, 09:27:23 PM
Wondering how I slept through a full blown gunfight in the neighborhood last night. My cup runneth over, really.

I heard that's what they use instead of bird songs at 82nd & Beach.
Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 26, 2015, 09:54:59 PM
It really does work well. I've walked into many site cabins with a couple of bags of ice and a fan in warm summers and been treated like jesus.

See, LuciferX?  This is actually useful advice.

Admittedly, I'll have to find some containers for said ice, and use my bedside table to place the ice on, but it doesn't involve hosing down a building of 200+ people, that I don't own.