Pedestrians on the Lost Highway, part V of V: Curly's Tale Continued

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 19, 2012, 04:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phox

Oh. Oh.

It's fantastic. I don't even know where to begin. I guess I should start by laughing, though.  :lulz:

Luna

This one bit is gonna haunt me:

Quote"That's what the Machine™ is, Curly...It's 7.3 billion primates, all thinking that this is all somehow serious, and that someone is to blame.  Someone.  Anyone but them."
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Aucoq

This is, without a doubt, my favorite thread in the entirety of PD.com.  For some reason, it really hits home with me.  You did an amazing job, Roger.  This part of Pedestrians on the Lost Highway is incredible.  Shit, the entirety of Pedestrians on the Lost Highway is incredible.  Thank you for taking the time and effort to write it, Roger.

Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on November 19, 2012, 07:01:20 PM
If my existence turns out to have one iota of purpose I'll be as pissed off as a motherfucker. Would kinda turns a holiday into a job.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 19, 2012, 06:59:20 PM
I don't know the difference between Nihilism and existential absurdity.

All I know are the following facts:

1.  Your life is your own, if you have the guts to seize it.

2.  There's no plan.

3.  Don't just eat that cheeseburger, eat the hell out of it, and

4.  Relax.  Shit just isn't that important.

Fucking fantastic.  :mittens:
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Luna

I've occasionally used the line: "In twenty years, who's going to fucking care?"
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.