News:

PD.com : We are the parents your children warned you about.

Main Menu

How We Protect At-Risk Kids.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 09, 2013, 03:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/taken-pot-smoking-parents-2-year-old-murdered-foster-care

(Better links and some disturbing video at site).

QuoteTwo-year-old Alexandria Hill was placed in foster care after her parents were caught smoking marijuana in their home while she slept. Authorities charged them with "neglectful supervision," and just months away from getting their baby back, the loving parents learned they would never see their young child again. Placed in a foster home to protect her from them, Alexandria was brutally killed.

THE CHILD HAS BEEN PROTECTED.  PLEASE GO STAND BY THE STAIRS.

Molon Lube

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote"She would come to visitation with bruises on her, and mold and mildew in her bag," Hill told  KVUE-TV, "It got to a point where I actually told CPS that they would have to have me arrested because I wouldn't let her go back."

But she was safer with the foster mother.

QuoteFoster mother Sherill Small was arrested and charged with murder.

Oh. Well. Oops. But hey, at least she was safe from pot.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on August 09, 2013, 03:15:51 PM
Quote"She would come to visitation with bruises on her, and mold and mildew in her bag," Hill told  KVUE-TV, "It got to a point where I actually told CPS that they would have to have me arrested because I wouldn't let her go back."

CHILD:  PROTECTED.
PARENTS:  PUNISHED.
MISSION: ACCOMPLISHED.
Molon Lube

Truly, the standard of success by which all such cases should be measured.

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on August 09, 2013, 03:17:36 PM

Yes.  Parents who smoke pot don't DESERVE their kids, and if they lose the kid for years, thus utterly fucking the family life of the kid and the parents, well, WHOSE FAULT IS THAT?  And then if the kid gets KILLED by whackjob foster parents, then the kid is forever NOT at risk for marijuana use.

PROHIBITION:  IT WORKS.
Molon Lube

Quote from: Osama Bin Login on August 09, 2013, 03:19:41 PM

Yes.  Parents who smoke pot don't DESERVE their kids, and if they lose the kid for years, thus utterly fucking the family life of the kid and the parents, well, WHOSE FAULT IS THAT?  And then if the kid gets KILLED by whackjob foster parents, then the kid is forever NOT at risk for marijuana use.

True words. I bet this scares all sorts of parents off pot. So this works in so many ways. Really, I'm sure the system is so pleased with itself right now.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on August 09, 2013, 03:22:29 PM
Quote from: Osama Bin Login on August 09, 2013, 03:19:41 PM

True words. I bet this scares all sorts of parents off pot. So this works in so many ways. Really, I'm sure the system is so pleased with itself right now.

I have heard that it is unacceptable to put even a single child at risk for weed.  No exceptions.

But not, apparently, for massive and fatal head trauma.  That's the exception.

There is no contradiction.  You have merely been brainwashed by NORML.
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

CPS was JUST DOING THEIR JOB(TM)

If even ONE child is PROTECTED from DEMON WEED, it was all WORTHWHILE(TM).

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

AFK

I suspect there was more to the child being taken away than just the parents using pot, but there is no way to know because the journalist clearly had an agenda.  If anyone can find a full account or report of why the kid was taken away please post it in this thread. 

Clearly the foster care system in that state sucks and needs to be fixed. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Osama Bin Login on August 09, 2013, 03:16:34 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on August 09, 2013, 03:15:51 PM

CHILD:  PROTECTED.
PARENTS:  PUNISHED.
MISSION: ACCOMPLISHED.

AMERICA, FUCK YEAH!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

Dad said:

Quote"We never hurt our daughter. She was never sick, she was never in the hospital, and she never had any issues until she went into state care."

this article sheds a smidgen more light:

QuoteCourt records showed that the girl's mother had a medical condition that didn't allow her to be left alone with the child.

a little bit more from ... uhhh... daily mail, great

Quotehttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2385159/Foster-mother-beats-toddler-seized-biological-parents-social-services-discovered-smoking-pot.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

According to court records, Alexandria's mother has a medical condition that does not allow her to be left alone with her own child and Hill's marijuana use had become so bad he almost dropped his daughter down the stairs.

QuoteThe parents, who are not together, handed Alexandria to Hill's mother to care for - until the state intervened on November 26th.

According to the Department of Family and Protective Services, the family disagreed who should take custody of the girl and decided to involve the CPS themselves - until both mom and dad got their lives in order.

so, a little bit more complicated than "kid was taken away because parents smoked pot", but really the point is that the foster family should have been checked out too. I'm surprised the state didn't look into the foster family after the biological dad noted bruises on the girls arm.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The End on August 09, 2013, 03:53:41 PM
I suspect there was more to the child being taken away than just the parents using pot, but there is no way to know because the journalist clearly had an agenda.  If anyone can find a full account or report of why the kid was taken away please post it in this thread. 

\
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yeah, having worked with the state foster system in Oregon for a year, I would stake money that this wasn't a mere fluke, you fucking creepy, evil punishment pervert.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The End on August 09, 2013, 03:53:41 PM

Hush.  They're protecting at risk children.

And the article states, in no uncertain terms, why the kid was taken.  Stop making shit up.  Thanks.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

So, what we have is the local news station (KVUE) agreeing with the OP (Which was, as RWHN was happy to ignore, directly linked to KVUE), Daily Mail (yeehaw) doing it's thing, and this

http://www.inquisitr.com/892429/foster-mother-charged-in-murder-of-2-year-old-alexandria-hill/

Well, just look at the other articles at that site.
Molon Lube