News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

Persuasion stuff

Started by Cain, December 06, 2007, 11:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

This is only kind of related to our propaganda, but here I'll be putting up some links on marketing techniques, persuasion and other similar texts.  If we were each to read one or two of the links, we could take our ideas back to the BIP, discuss, find points of commonality, refine and improve on this section.

First book:  Republican Party Playbook, by Luntz.  The NeoCons are exceptionally media savvy and it is worth learning how they market their ideas to get people to go along with their plans.

http://www.mediafire.com/?drgbtdfmgl9

Cain

OK, here is a ton of material I uploaded for the AWS crowd

http://mihd.net/vbh83j
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=37OCOWYQ

Both links are the same stuff.

I'm sure 000 or Lysergic also have suggestions when it comes to NLP too (I still haven't made it through all that material Lys.  I know, my bad, but my social life has taken a hit of late anyway, so I have had little chance to field test techniques)

barumunk

NLP!!! i've bin trying for ages to get my hands on a half decent book on howto/the techniques... ,pdfs... anyone know of/wher i can find em?

"For it is with the mysteries of our religion, as with wholesome pills for the sick, which swallowed whole, have the virtue to cure; but chewed, are for the most part cast up again without effect." Thomas Hobbes

I was always taught to chew everything before i swallow.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: barumunk on January 17, 2008, 09:06:38 AM
NLP!!! i've bin trying for ages to get my hands on a half decent book on howto/the techniques... ,pdfs... anyone know of/wher i can find em?

They line a shelf on my bookcase.

Alberto Torelli has a ton of information and abstracts to consider on hypnosis.

The Motherload Of All NLP Sites.

You also might consider looking into the work of Paul Ekman for a mindfuck and a half on how your true emotions seep out and can be identified. Of course, what the particular emotion means remains veiled for the most part, but it's a hell of a clue.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

barumunk

Geee thanks :D i dont suppse anyone has .pdf's ???

"For it is with the mysteries of our religion, as with wholesome pills for the sick, which swallowed whole, have the virtue to cure; but chewed, are for the most part cast up again without effect." Thomas Hobbes

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: barumunk on January 18, 2008, 09:10:12 AM
Geee thanks :D i dont suppse anyone has .pdf's ???

You fail at the internets.

Cain's AWS link is epic win.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

barumunk

yeah ive bin trying that AWS pack , but it keeps fukin-out for me  :x

Cain

Might be a problem with your browser or connection, because the Megaupload one is still working.  Make sure Javascript is enabled and that the connection doesn't break at any time during the download.

Agrippa

A great book on the subject is: Influence by Cialdini