News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

Zonkey Poster

Started by bringdownthesystem, February 20, 2008, 06:12:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bringdownthesystem

I made a poster...it's....Zonkey style.

http://www.badongo.com/file/7886684

Cain

bringdownthesystem

Heh, thanks. By the way, what do you use to convert to a pdf? I had some free converter before for word documents...but it sucked and I lost where I downloaded it from anyways.

Also, word was being gay...yall might want to enlarge that bottom text or the pictures before you print. My people get mad at my house because of toner in the printer so I try to hold off on large printings, I just sneak in a print when their asleep (like it about 30 minutes here) and whenever I can.

(Not really a thought provoking poster, but I think it fits the criteria of  jarring people for a moment, if not mind fucked then at least skull air humped :|)

Cain

I use OpenOffice, its a freely downloadble program that can produce pdf and .doc files, and is somewhat more robust than Word..

bringdownthesystem

Hmmm, easier to move shit around?

Cain

I havent used word in years, so I cant rightly say, but probably.

Cramulus

Word's Thesaurus is better

OpenOffice's autoformatting is better

Word has features I can't figure out how to do in OpenOffice (like Text Boxes)

OpenOffice has MUCH better PDF support

bringdownthesystem

Alright, thank ye. I found a good program to do it, I'm starting on a collection of posters atm...

Edit:
Speaking of which...is a poster that says STOP in big letters and then plier time at the bottom with a big clipart picture funny? I laughed for a bit..... :|
Or I shouldn't even ask, as long as I thought it was funny...Fuck it, I'ma make it. They'll get more creative as I run out of ideas(heh, that never happens).

Triple Zero

if you want full control of your layout, you gotta torrent Adobe InDesign.

although there's also an opensource alternative:
http://www.scribus.net/
i haven't tried it out yet, i suppose it's not as good (as InDesign), but has all the basic functionality.

these programs are more meant for layouting and making type, than actual wordprocessing (writing), though.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: triple zero on February 21, 2008, 10:47:29 PM
if you want full control of your layout, you gotta torrent Adobe InDesign.

although there's also an opensource alternative:
http://www.scribus.net/
i haven't tried it out yet, i suppose it's not as good (as InDesign), but has all the basic functionality.

these programs are more meant for layouting and making type, than actual wordprocessing (writing), though.

Yeah, InDesign and Quark are industry standards for print layouts.

But, they can't save a bad idea.

And the flip side of this is that a good idea can still come through, no matter how shoddy your tools are.

It just might take a little more ingenuity and persistence. Keyword: might.

Also, welcome abroad, BDTS.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

bringdownthesystem

Thanks for the welcome...and yes I have added on to those and will continue to do so. It's fun to think of random shit that makes no sense but hopefully gets a laugh from some while confusing others and making a statement to the rest.