News:

PD.com: We're not actually discordians

Main Menu

Hip Like Me

Started by Salty, March 21, 2012, 01:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lenin McCarthy

Das Racist are pretty cool and hipster-ish rappers. They might have become too mainstream now, sadly.

Juana

Ill-fitting suitjackets, preferably with leather elbow patches. Trucker hats. Hightop sneakers - the more 70s looking, the better. Retro printed t-shirts or super unique ones, ideally made by you or locally. Post-rock forever. Grandpa shoes and suspenders. Anything from your grandparent's attic and anything your parents are embarrassed to admit every having worn when they were young.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

LMNO

Abandon all concepts of complimentary colors.  The clashier and gaudier, the better.

AFK

Keeping in mind the fine line between Hipster and Dr. Demento. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Although, having the "Fish Heads" song as an ironic ringtone would be perfectly in line.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Get a ring with a bird on it, and wear it on your middle finger.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

MMMW

have sex with cute skinny girls

Danny Muffin

Quote from: MMMW on March 29, 2012, 10:41:27 PM

I sense some resentment.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Danny Muffin

Doesn't the post imply that all male hipsters are out having sex with cute skinny girls? I know a bunch of hipsters, and some of the hipest of them have a terrible time with women. But eh, no matter.

Doktor Howl

You know, Danny, I liked you better as Malcoid.

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=5265

But that's not saying much.
Molon Lube

Danny Muffin

I'm sure I didn't leave much of an impression one way or the other.

MMMW

Quote from: Danny Muffin on March 29, 2012, 11:24:09 PM
Quote from: MMMW on March 29, 2012, 10:41:27 PM

I sense some resentment.

Nope.

Quote from: Danny Muffin on March 29, 2012, 11:40:58 PM
Doesn't the post imply that all male hipsters are out having sex with cute skinny girls?

No. Hipsters are always defined by a huge grocery list of attributes which never fully implies to most of them anyways.

Danny Muffin

Yeah, sorry I was being flippant. I'll shut up now.

Salty

Ok, so I was gonna do a write-up of how horrible PBR is in grotesque detail.

Then, turns out. I just like PBR, until you get to the bottom of the can and it's all warm. I don't even mind warm beer but JAYSUS.

Yeah, I like PBR. What are you gonna do about it. It's no Miller High Life, it's no Coors, it's no MGD.

So yeah, dickfucks, say something.

ETA: Show me to these skinny girls. Or any girls, really. Actually, no. No girls. Women, ok. Girls, no. The horrah.
ALSO, whoever is responsible for pointing me toward Nicolas Jaar is in for a world of pain.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.