News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

Illiterate clown elected to Congress

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, October 05, 2010, 07:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Has no one posted this here yet? I can't believe it!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39495001/ns/world_news-americas/?GT1=43001

I love you, Brazil.

QuoteSAO PAULO — Voters the world over complain about having clowns for politicians, but Brazilians embraced the idea on Sunday by sending a real one to Congress with more votes than any other candidate.

Francisco Everardo Oliveira Silva, better known by his clown name Tiririca, received more than 1.3 million votes in Sao Paulo state in Brazil's presidential and congressional elections. That was more than double the votes of the second-placed candidate in Brazil's most populous state.

Tiririca caught the attention of disillusioned voters by asking for their support with the humorous slogan: "It can't get any worse" and a promise to do nothing more in Congress than report back to them on how politicians spend their time.

"What does a congressman do? The truth is I don't know, but vote for me and I'll tell you," the 45-year-old said in his campaign advertisements.

The clown, whose stage name means "grumpy," usually appears in public wearing a blond wig, a red hat and a garish outfit. He survived a last-minute attempt by public prosecutors to bar him from running because of evidence that he is illiterate.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Phox

AFK

"It can't get any worse."

:lulz:

We need to track down Rev. Peterson Cekemp again and get his take on this. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Jasper

I think it's final now:  Best decade ever.

Cramulus

two generations ago it was "Hah! Can you believe people actually voted for Mickey Mouse?"

one generation ago it was "heh heh, wouldn't it be funny to really vote for a joke candidate?"

Fast forward 20 years: the real politicians are going to have trouble making it to the primaries.

Jasper

It'll be great.

"Listen, you people please - I just want to pass meaningful legislation!  What is the matter with you??  *sob*"

Don Coyote

Still waiting for Arnold Schwarzenegger to manipulate things enough to get himself elected as president.

Jasper

Yeah, sure.  Only if he gets in shape.  I'm not voting for some flabby has-been.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Sir Coyote on October 05, 2010, 08:39:38 PM
Still waiting for Arnold Schwarzenegger to manipulate things enough to get himself elected as president.

I've been saying that for years.

Quote from: Sigmatic on October 05, 2010, 08:41:44 PM
Yeah, sure.  Only if he gets in shape.  I'm not voting for some flabby has-been.

Well this not as long but it's a given!

It is a shame we cannot have someone run for an elected position on the same platform as the clown.  I would vote for them.

Telarus

Quote from: Sir Coyote on October 05, 2010, 08:39:38 PM

You mean when he takes credit for telling the Feds to Fuck Off after Cali passes prop 19?
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Prince Glittersnatch III

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on October 06, 2010, 01:58:53 AM
Brb starting Clown political party.

This is genius. What better antidote to the Tea Party? It's better than the Pretty Pony Party - vote for a Clown!