News:

"We don't make the apocalypse, we make the apocalypse better."

Main Menu

Mah sewing.

Started by Raphaella, January 16, 2009, 09:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raphaella

Sounds great, pm me and I ship it out. I just got home from work and really really need to sleep but when I get up I'll post pics of the finished shirt. 
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Raphaella

Here it is. Remember though this is kinda like a rough draft.

The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am seriously stoked about this. Wait until I post pics of the whole outfit! Holy shit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Raphaella

:D I'll send it Thursday (tomorrow) or Friday cause I'm off those days!
I really need to mention that cause it was a 'rough draft' it's full of small imperfections. They are minor but still I thought I should warn ya. Also that fabric is not what one would call high quality. It's pretty neat anyway.

So here is the final product using this pattern. I finished it today.

And here is another pic with 100% more zit!  :x

I bought this fabric at the thrift store, it's pretty fucking cool and I think the camera fails to capture how awesome it really is.

Raphaella

Oh and I thought I should post a pic of my fabulous, simply glamorous, sewing studio. I know EVERYONE will be incredibly jealous of my posh workspace.

Yes, those are Tee Vee fold out tables, eat those hearts out, and no I simply won't consider selling them at any price!

Suu

I want your machine.

You don't WANT to see a picture of my studio, it perpetually looks like a bomb hit it.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Raphaella

The machine was my Grandmothers. It's pretty nice when it wants to be, but it's also pretty old by Husqvarna standards. It is in bad need of a tune up and I'm pretty sure if I brought it to JoAnns they would just look at me like I'm crazy.

Sorry to hear about the bomb, but at leas you have room for a studio. Mine is set up right by our front door!

Sir Squid Diddimus

i get a tiny table in the garage thats surrounded by neck breaking obstacles.

:|

100% why i dont sew anymore

Suu

Since Richter moved in, I've had to share mine with Mr. Suu's painting materials and extra crap that is evading the basement or a bonfire somehow.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

rosenstock

You stole my machine you bitch! :argh!:
Chaos is a name for any order that produces confusion in our minds.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am down with imperfections. It will match the skirt in imperfectness!

The "real" finished shirt looks incredible! W00t! Also, your sewing machine...  :fap:

After my husband moved out I put my sewing table in my room where his dresser used to be. 100% improvement!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Raphaella

Just as soon as I finish this pot of coffee I'll be off to the mail stuff place. (Most likely not the post office, they hate us there :| )

I wish I had a separate room to set up in, I would even share it with Tim's massive steel sculptures. He is too attached to our landlordess and our neighbor/ground keeper to even think about moving into a bigger place. We live in a tiny cottage, or mother-in-law thingy.

Thanks for all the machine love guys! It was my grandmother's all time favorite along with her huskylock. She was a career seamstress and I hope to one day be nearly as good as she was. 

Suu

If I ever get a Husqvarna Viking, I will write in huge letters across it, "ODIN!"

Other than that, my Brother is called "Time Bomb" since the timing is shot to shit and it's in bad need of a tune up I can't afford, and my Singer is called "Tight Wad" since the thread tension tends to get fucked up and I get to pull these huge balls of thread out of the dogs on occasion. Collectively or informally, I refer to them as my "Whirlygigs."

I really really really really really need to spend like $600+ on a machine that will do like 50 stitches and make me julienne fries, I just can't swing it. :(

Please note my Singer is only a year old, and I damn near killed it this year. My Brother has already been fixed once, and I've used it pretty much regularly since 2002, so it's about fried considering it's a cheap machine that just does straights and zigzags. So it really is time to get a new machine. The Brother is GREAT for winding bobbins, because the Singer doesn't STOP when it gets full and will continue to wind thread until you see it exploding. New Singers are pieces of shit. If I can find the right belt, I swear, I am taking my great-grandmothers foot pedal and wrought iron table from my mom and getting that working again.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I has a Husqvarna Viking... it's as old as I am, and you use cogs to change the stitches. I think it has something like 60 different stitches, including hearts and flowers!

Suu

Quote from: Nigel on January 23, 2009, 12:22:48 AM
I has a Husqvarna Viking... it's as old as I am, and you use cogs to change the stitches. I think it has something like 60 different stitches, including hearts and flowers!

AND THEY DON'T DIE.

ODIN!!!!!!