News:

"Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed." - Jesus

Main Menu

Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on August 22, 2014, 08:31:04 AM
Also, pregnancy is fucking miserable. Don't get sucked into that bitter midage bullshit where you pretend it's a miracle just because you can't do it. It fucking sucks. People who want it desperately make out like it doesn't suck just to make other women feel guilty for not loving every puking minute of the bullshit, but it fucking sucks. Pregnancy is horrible, its a wretched infestation that rips apart your fucking ligaments, how could it not suck? FFS women are such fucking cunts about this shit.

Suu

Quote from: The Suu on August 21, 2014, 05:26:00 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on August 21, 2014, 04:39:49 PM
Grades are in. The shitty research methods professor gave me an A, which was not unexpected so much as kind of a wild card.

Don't forget about midterms next week.

Also, it appears the pregnant is going around again. First it was my cousin with her twins, now two more of my friends are telling me all about how they're barfing their guts up for the sake of procreation, and then have the balls to ask me when I'm having babies.

The answer is no. No to all of it. And if all you're doing about your pregnancy is telling people about how MISERABLE you are, and how you can't even eat, and oh woe is you, get the ball of jelly sucked out, and call it quits.

-Suu
No, I haven't said that to them. I do have manners. Sometimes.
:lulz: Midterms.

Also, pregnancy is fucking miserable. Don't get sucked into that bitter midage bullshit where you pretend it's a miracle just because you can't do it. It fucking sucks. People who want it desperately make out like it doesn't suck just to make other women feel guilty for not loving every puking minute of the bullshit, but it fucking sucks. Pregnancy is horrible, its a wretched infestation that rips apart your fucking ligaments, how could it not suck? FFS women are such fucking cunts about this shit.

You, madam, are a scholar and a gentlewoman, and I knew that I could rely on you for the TROOF. Mom said the same thing. Though my cousin is doing well considering you know, first pregnancy and TWINS. She has a low-lying placenta, but it can move back up from what she told me, but she can't exercise anymore. She was in great shape before she got pregnant, so hopefully things will normalize a bit and she can go back to being moderately active. Other than that she said she's cramping a lot and very tired and hungry all the time, but she hasn't been sick. But she doesn't update me hourly on how she's feeling, either. My friend Val, who I love dearly, really wanted a 2nd child 13 years after she popped out the last one, is having a miserable fucking time and can't even smell food. I got updates all day yesterday.  :roll:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Also Boston spags. If you get a chance, head down to the Harbor around lunch time, as the Constitution will be underway and she's doing a 21 gun salute. Mr. Suu and the other CPO selectees that went down this week are going to be working the rigging and the guns. They're doing it again next Friday as well.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on August 21, 2014, 10:32:20 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on August 21, 2014, 10:24:02 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 21, 2014, 10:17:34 PM

It's amusing to contemplate what these bags of douche might consider "nice".

"Nice." = Passive aggressive pushover. "I may be a shithole, but at least Im not a shithole to peoples faces."

I've gone on dates with these guys. Not pushovers: creepy overly angry would-be date rapists. Consider the behavior of a guy with that level of entitlement to other people's bodies, who thinks women are bitches for not fucking them. It adds up to pushy and scary. Seriously, given a choice, I would rather date a suburban bro-type because at least suburban bro-types are capable of relating as people.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hoopla on August 21, 2014, 09:58:00 PM
This crazy world is getting crazier.

I actually don't think it is, but time will tell.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 22, 2014, 12:40:27 PM

Yeah I don't like that, and I don't like the guy who writes the Oatmeal. There is no legitimate reason to denigrate people who have had kids or imply that procreating for women means giving up their dreams, goals, and aspirations as a means of justifying the choice not to have kids.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Suu on August 22, 2014, 01:25:24 PM
Quote from: The Suu on August 21, 2014, 05:26:00 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on August 21, 2014, 04:39:49 PM
Grades are in. The shitty research methods professor gave me an A, which was not unexpected so much as kind of a wild card.

Don't forget about midterms next week.

Also, it appears the pregnant is going around again. First it was my cousin with her twins, now two more of my friends are telling me all about how they're barfing their guts up for the sake of procreation, and then have the balls to ask me when I'm having babies.

The answer is no. No to all of it. And if all you're doing about your pregnancy is telling people about how MISERABLE you are, and how you can't even eat, and oh woe is you, get the ball of jelly sucked out, and call it quits.

-Suu
No, I haven't said that to them. I do have manners. Sometimes.
:lulz: Midterms.

You, madam, are a scholar and a gentlewoman, and I knew that I could rely on you for the TROOF. Mom said the same thing. Though my cousin is doing well considering you know, first pregnancy and TWINS. She has a low-lying placenta, but it can move back up from what she told me, but she can't exercise anymore. She was in great shape before she got pregnant, so hopefully things will normalize a bit and she can go back to being moderately active. Other than that she said she's cramping a lot and very tired and hungry all the time, but she hasn't been sick. But she doesn't update me hourly on how she's feeling, either. My friend Val, who I love dearly, really wanted a 2nd child 13 years after she popped out the last one, is having a miserable fucking time and can't even smell food. I got updates all day yesterday.  :roll:

Yeah it sucks ass pretty hard.

The Good Reverend Roger

My office bathroom is absolutely crawling with hundreds (not exaggerating) of tiny spiders.

On every surface, and dangling from web strands from the ceiling.  They weren't there yesterday.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

I'm pretty sure that was an episode of the X-files.

You may want to consider copy writing "The T-Files". The shit that occurs to you is so much more bizzare, sooner or later someone's going to try and make money out of it. Possibly me.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 22, 2014, 05:30:46 PM
My office bathroom is absolutely crawling with hundreds (not exaggerating) of tiny spiders.

On every surface, and dangling from web strands from the ceiling.  They weren't there yesterday.

Babbehs hatched.

Nuke it from orbit, just to be sure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Suu on August 22, 2014, 05:38:07 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 22, 2014, 05:30:46 PM

Babbehs hatched.

Nuke it from orbit, just to be sure.

No, they're remodelling the office building, and Lilly has to use my bathroom.   :)

Lilly fears only one thing in this world.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 22, 2014, 05:37:54 PM

You may want to consider copy writing "The T-Files". The shit that occurs to you is so much more bizzare, sooner or later someone's going to try and make money out of it. Possibly me.

Suspension of disbelief impossible.

Wait.  Fox viewers.

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 22, 2014, 05:43:48 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on August 22, 2014, 05:37:54 PM

Suspension of disbelief impossible.

Wait.  Fox viewers.

Exactly. You could churn out a seasons worth of episodes in a week, then hire some staff writers and fuck off to the good life, courtesy of royalty payments. There's clearly no reason it wouldn't be a hit. 

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.