News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

I know that feeling.  Shit, I mean, I work in retail and I know that feeling.  AC, bakery, tills, anything to do with lottery...all borked beyond belief.

I mean, no-one will die because of it.  Probably.  But still.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 05, 2014, 06:42:46 PM
I know that feeling.  Shit, I mean, I work in retail and I know that feeling.  AC, bakery, tills, anything to do with lottery...all borked beyond belief.

I mean, no-one will die because of it.  Probably.  But still.

Same here, it's just small shit that takes forever to fix.  3.5 hours before the weekend.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on September 05, 2014, 06:34:47 PM
Just done a 9 hour shift on 3 hours of sleep.  Yay *falls over*

On the plus side, thumbs are functional again.

Congratulations on the thumbs!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Freeky

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Suu

Dear Navy, I want my husband back.

No, I know you're not giving him back-back until 2024, but I want him to be himself again. Not a fan of him turning into a snippy 17 year old on the phone when I ask him if he wants to run to do something on campus tonight. That's not him, damnit, that's meeeeeee! I know I only have a week and change until this chief shit is over, but for fuck's sake, we made it this far without killing each other, can he NOT do it NOW?!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Suu on September 05, 2014, 09:26:15 PM

No, I know you're not giving him back-back until 2024, but I want him to be himself again. Not a fan of him turning into a snippy 17 year old on the phone when I ask him if he wants to run to do something on campus tonight. That's not him, damnit, that's meeeeeee! I know I only have a week and change until this chief shit is over, but for fuck's sake, we made it this far without killing each other, can he NOT do it NOW?!

Even the best people occasionally go arse biscuits. 

Q. G. Pennyworth

The guy in the black pickup truck that's been honking at me for like two years now happened to be outside along my walk home today and introduced himself as such. He was genuinely surprised that his behavior was unwelcome. SO MUCH HATE.

Yay babies and puppies, boo bad things.

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 05, 2014, 09:27:11 PM
Quote from: The Suu on September 05, 2014, 09:26:15 PM

Even the best people occasionally go arse biscuits.

He's starting to snap a bit. Which is part of the ultimate plan, of course. This last week is going to be really rough on him, and with me in school full-time, I come home just as tired as him, so the last few days have been us staring at each other in a stupor. My system will regulate in another couple of weeks, and then he'll be back to his normal work hours, but I knew these last couple of weeks were going suck for us.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."