News:

CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

Oh my, a familiar face

Started by Eve, July 19, 2013, 03:52:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eve

I was wandering around FetLife the other day (for the unaware, FetLife is a NSFW social networking site for kinksters and the like) and who did I stumble across but

our very own favorite

AKK!

Link
I suspect you may need to register to be able to see his profile. I'd say it's worth the 30 seconds of effort.

hxxp://www.akksite.com/
His band/personal philosophy website, with link to forum "Troll Kamp(f)" (spelling seems to vary back and forth)

Enjoy!
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Left

Fetlife is NSFW...

I made that mistake for about 30 seconds once and then was all like "OHSHIT! Nipple clamp ad, 3 'o clock!"

:eek: Jeebus, I'm glad I have a job, I'm glad I have a job...

Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Doktor Howl

Yeah, he had his triumphant return a while back, and now has the distinction of being the very first person banned without breaking one of the 6 rules.

Well, technically, he was flooding.
Molon Lube

Eve

Ack, sorry about the NSFW! Will go edit OP.

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 19, 2013, 03:59:10 AM
Yeah, he had his triumphant return a while back, and now has the distinction of being the very first person banned without breaking one of the 6 rules.

I searched to make sure he hadn't come up in a while, but clearly didn't do a good job. ;) Still amusing to me. How long did it take to ban him?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Eve on July 19, 2013, 04:03:08 AM
Ack, sorry about the NSFW! Will go edit OP.

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 19, 2013, 03:59:10 AM

I searched to make sure he hadn't come up in a while, but clearly didn't do a good job. ;) Still amusing to me. How long did it take to ban him?

22 hours.
Molon Lube

Eve

That's about 20 hours longer than I would have guessed!

Cain

He did manage to make about 200 posts in that time.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on July 19, 2013, 04:19:58 AM

Yeah, everyone else went to bed, and he stayed up for 14 more hours posting.  In every thread.
Molon Lube

Eve

Oh boy. Sounds like I'm glad I missed it.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Eve on July 19, 2013, 04:32:42 AM
Oh boy. Sounds like I'm glad I missed it.

It was actually kind of awe-inspiring.

14 hours of talking to himself.
Molon Lube

Left

Sounds like the sort of dingy thing someone on speed or having a manic cycle would do.

...Incidentally, psych nurses call patients who go to the psych wards often "frequent flyers."
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 19, 2013, 04:20:46 AM
Quote from: Cain on July 19, 2013, 04:19:58 AM

Yeah, everyone else went to bed, and he stayed up for 14 more hours posting.  In every thread.

For some reason, he seems to have confused "Posting a lot" and "Trolling", and thinks he's a great troll because he can put in 14 hours and 200 posts worth of effort into annoying a board.

I'm not really sure what to call  that, but it isn't exactly trolling win, which as far as I've always seen it is measured by a minimal post-per-response rate. The way I see it, if I can keep a troll rolling and still be doing my homework, I'm golden. Ideally, though, a really really good troll can post something so subtly inflammatory that they can just walk away and still come back to 1000 new posts.

If you are putting more time and effort into your troll than the trollees are putting in collectively, you have failed. If you have anything close to a 1:1 wordcount ratio you aren't trolling, you're just arguing on the internet.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

I remember in one of the original treatises on the subject "Troll: The Annoyance" (or something like that), You gained a point for every response, but lost 10 every time you had to post-- which made the ulimate winner, forever, the guy who changed his screename to be the same as one of the admins, and got everyone to freak the fuck out without ever actually posting.