News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

Tennessee getting ready to throw poor students under the bus.

Started by Bruno, April 04, 2013, 08:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2013, 10:52:08 PM
Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 08, 2013, 10:50:12 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2013, 10:46:10 PM
Quote from: Juana Go? on April 08, 2013, 10:39:14 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2013, 10:30:02 PM
Quote from: Juana Go? on April 08, 2013, 10:16:07 PM
3. I assumed, because you have used cisgendered yourself, in the entitlement and privilege thread, and because I know you get this whole privilege thing, that would be fairly obvious what I meant (specifically, a certain kind of white cishet man, which PD is mostly not populated by,

Did that sound okay to you when you wrote it?

Because it sounds like "There's Blacks and there's niggers".  You could have just said "asshole" and left the CIS thing out of it. 

Or maybe you couldn't.
Oh my god, Roger, no, it's not. Ugh. When I have my actual laptop out, instead of my tablet, I'll respond properly, but good lord, they are totally different. Privilege, dude.

Fuck you, the two situations are IDENTICAL.  So take your "privilege" shut down comment and shove it up your arse.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

check ur privilege CIS-scum

And fuck you, too.  I thought you were heading back to 4Chan? 

A plague on both your houses.  You and Juana.  You're both fucked in the head.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
Tabbed browsing bro...I'm back at 4chan AND on PD.

And to your plague on my house, I raise you a curse upon all the vaettir in the land to be doomed to wander about with blue balls until you are forced to...

...check ur privilege

The Good Reverend Roger

It turns out, Von DEC14, that I am not forced to choose between bigot A and bigot B.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Roger", they ask me, "Why do you hate everyone?"

I'd say the reasons are perfectly fucking obvious.  If I had MY way, all of you pigfuckers would be handed over to body perverts with your thumbs wired together.

Jackasses.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

von

von

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2013, 10:59:17 PM

I'd say the reasons are perfectly fucking obvious.  If I had MY way, all of you pigfuckers would be handed over to body perverts with your thumbs wired together.

Jackasses.

You don't hate everyone roger...you simply hate those who diametrically oppose you. Most people tend towards such...it's the nature of the screaming primate brain that resides within the skull of each and every one of us...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 08, 2013, 11:03:15 PM

Jackasses.

You don't hate everyone roger...you simply hate those who diametrically oppose you. Most people tend towards such...it's the nature of the screaming primate brain that resides within the skull of each and every one of us...

No, no, I've know me for more than 4 decades, and I'm pretty sure I hate everyone.  Every last one of you stinking primates. 

You see, this is why I'm not an atheist...God KNOWS I hate people, and he put me on a planet with 7.3 billion of you fuckers.  Wall to wall, nut-to-butt screeching fuckers who say I have to choose between RED and BLUE or maybe CONSERVATIVE and LIBERAL or whatever other fucking neat little round holes have been arranged for our square arses to be pounded into.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I just checked my privilege, and I'm a quart low.  I have to roll around in a pile of filthy lucre for a few minutes, and maybe get out of a speeding ticket on account of White middle class male, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do.

von

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2013, 11:07:20 PM
Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 08, 2013, 11:03:15 PM

Jackasses.

No, no, I've know me for more than 4 decades, and I'm pretty sure I hate everyone.  Every last one of you stinking primates. 

You see, this is why I'm not an atheist...God KNOWS I hate people, and he put me on a planet with 7.3 billion of you fuckers.  Wall to wall, nut-to-butt screeching fuckers who say I have to choose between RED and BLUE or maybe CONSERVATIVE and LIBERAL or whatever other fucking neat little round holes have been arranged for our square arses to be pounded into.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I just checked my privilege, and I'm a quart low.  I have to roll around in a pile of filthy lucre for a few minutes, and maybe get out of a speeding ticket on account of White middle class male, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do.

I don't know what you mean. Since coming to the age of majority, I've been a good little law abiding citezen. I don't use my white privilege to dodge speeding tickets because I don't speed...

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Juana

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2013, 10:46:10 PM
Quote from: Juana Go? on April 08, 2013, 10:39:14 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2013, 10:30:02 PM
Quote from: Juana Go? on April 08, 2013, 10:16:07 PM
3. I assumed, because you have used cisgendered yourself, in the entitlement and privilege thread, and because I know you get this whole privilege thing, that would be fairly obvious what I meant (specifically, a certain kind of white cishet man, which PD is mostly not populated by,

Did that sound okay to you when you wrote it?

Because it sounds like "There's Blacks and there's niggers".  You could have just said "asshole" and left the CIS thing out of it. 

Or maybe you couldn't.
Oh my god, Roger, no, it's not. Ugh. When I have my actual laptop out, instead of my tablet, I'll respond properly, but good lord, they are totally different. Privilege, dude.

Fuck you, the two situations are IDENTICAL.  So take your "privilege" shut-down comment and shove it up your arse.  The fact that *I* may have privilege you don't have does NOT give *you* an excuse to make bigoted fucking statements.
Roger, they are so far away from identical, they're not even on the same planet.
I wasn't going to post this one, because the dude is, hmm, a little angrier than I think is possibly constructive and perhaps a little dismissive of cishets, but I think it's pretty apt, since this is now about cis-ness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr1KOGQh5Lg
FTR, I don't find cishets/straight people annoying until they prove to be annoying as individual people. I also think you're conflating anger at the system and with the institutions with anger at individuals. The only time I'm angry with an individual - and I don't think I'm unique - is when that person behaves as part of the system.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2013, 10:45:22 PM
Quote from: Juana Go? on April 08, 2013, 10:36:05 PM
No, I am not wild about certain kinds of people who claim it because they do it as if saying "I'm for equal marriage!" makes them an exceptional person who deserves cookies, instead of a person who meets the basic criteria for a decent human being.

Some people might do it out of principle.  But don't let that stand in the way of your contempt.

Look, the system destroys the lives of the underprivileged. It oppresses and kills and rapes them. They have every right to resent the system. To penalize the people who vent about those issues is to ignore the fact that the people who benefit from the system (whatever intersection of race, class, gender, etc.) don't face those issues. We've already gone over what those issues are, so I won't beat a dead horse and repeat them, but it is still a fact that a member of privileged group A becoming upset when underprivileged group A complains about them as a group is making the issues about them as a person.

The obvious answer, of course, is to drive away anyone who is interested in helping with passive bigotry, so that you can continue to be the very, very special rebel, tirelessly fighting the powers that be...Solo.  Far more dramatic that way.
We had this debate and I'm not interested in rehashing it.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

von

Quote from: Six Feet of Sole on April 08, 2013, 11:15:24 PM
Pfft!  Driving the speed limit is for squares man.

b-b-but is it really so fun? I mean, they wouldn't make fun things illegal would they?

I guess I'll have to try it...like roger says, I gots plenty of white privilege to get out of the ticket anyway.

Going to my shit-tier oppressive wage job that exploits my labour for 2 jews and a mexican's profits will be so much more bearable going 88 miles an hour -- I can play like I'm driving a delorean time machine!

Oh boy it should be so fun!

Juana

:lulz: I'm a bigot, huh? Okay. Apparently being vocally angry with the system and side eyeing cookie seekers makes me a bigot.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

von

Quote from: Juana Go? on April 08, 2013, 11:21:44 PM
:lulz: I'm a bigot, huh? Okay. Apparently being vocally angry with the system and side eyeing cookie seekers makes me a bigot.

What does it matter if you're a bigot against some faction or another? Even if you did hate CIS people, who gives a fuck? Roger just claimed to hate humans in general...everyone in this thread hates me for being a shit-spewing redneck, and I hate plenty of people.

Everyone hates...the constant hate and strife of conflict caused by such ensures that no ones overly idealistic views ever end up "winning".

Juana

Um, it matters because actual bigots are bad people? Like I said, I don't hate people based on their intersections (race, gender, class, etc.). If I hate them, it's on their individual merits.

von

Quote from: Juana Go? on April 08, 2013, 11:28:39 PM
Um, it matters because actual bigots are bad people? Like I said, I don't hate people based on their intersections (race, gender, class, etc.). If I hate them, it's on their individual merits.

Ah, ok. I was overgeneralising the term bigot (i.e. someone who hates based on involuntary things like the protected classes you mentioned) and conflated it with idealogical difference.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Juana Go? on April 08, 2013, 11:19:04 PM
Roger, they are so far away from identical, they're not even on the same planet.

IT'S DIFFERENT WHEN WE DO IT.

QuoteI wasn't going to post this one, because the dude is, hmm, a little angrier than I think is possibly constructive and perhaps a little dismissive of cishets, but I think it's pretty apt, since this is now about cis-ness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr1KOGQh5Lg

No longer interested.  Like I said, FTS, YOYO.

QuoteFTR, I don't find cishets/straight people annoying until they prove to be annoying as individual people. I also think you're conflating anger at the system and with the institutions with anger at individuals. The only time I'm angry with an individual - and I don't think I'm unique - is when that person behaves as part of the system.

Yeah, well, I find YOU annoying as an individual.  You said something offensive as hell, and you think it's just dandy because YOUR PRECIOUS SELF said it, so it's not the same as EVERY SINGLE BIGOTED COMMENT EVER MADE.

QuoteWe had this debate and I'm not interested in rehashing it.

That's good, because we're not going to.  I think we're done here.