News:

PD.com: Like a fraternity of drunken clowns, hopped up on goofballs, beating one-another to a bloody pulp with bricks; the maniacal laughter increases exponentially as someone runs off to get a cinder-block.

Main Menu

Introductions, part V: Don't Say We Never Warned You.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goodlittlewolf

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Max Blyss

Howzitgoin?  Looks like there's some real loose nuts around here, which is good.  I'm just a garden variety weirdo with a reefer problem and a little too much reading under my belt...  Only recently discovered Discordianism, figured I'd check out the forum attatched to the actual fucking book's website, as Facebook seems to be fraught with peril in regards to finding folks who aren't just looking for an excuse to misbehave.

I generally don't like folks who think they need an excuse.

Anyway, howdy...  May we look forward to irritating each other!
Facilitating Futility Wherever Duty Calls!!!

LMNO

Q. G. Pennyworth

Hey new person!

pool's on the roof, propaganda's in the propaganda section, Big Words are over in projects because fucked if I know.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hello there, new guy!

I see we have a fair accumulation of new guys happening. This strikes me as good.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Max Blyss

Facilitating Futility Wherever Duty Calls!!!

Deadbear21

burning garbage piles
smells like tasty barbecue
bodies in trash bags

Mundus Imbroglio

Buenas noches, mein Freunds,

I've always been bad at introductions.  Feel free to skip this one and do something else.

There are a few things which inform my outlook, and may become apparent at some point in time; primarily, fifteen years of my life has been spent in and out of Buddhist monasteries preparing for monastic ordination.  Then I found myself in Washington, D.C., and have realized that there's...just...so much crazy.  So much.  I've since revised my belief system to include some beliefs that seem likely.  Namely:

1. Someone is pulling strings somewhere, and often it results in itchiness.
2. This someone is almost certainly not completely (or even mostly) benevolent.
3. This someone is obviously playing practical jokes on us at the macro and micro level.
4. Any religion that prohibits wine and/or whisky is not a religion for me.

So...Discordianism. 

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

May you not be lulled into a false sense of security,

M.I.

Freeky

Q. G. Pennyworth

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

minuspace

Quote from: Mundus Imbroglio on March 22, 2016, 01:34:00 AM

Promulgates false dichotomies.

Mundus Imbroglio

Hello C an' S, Pennyworth, LMNO, Roger, and Lucifer,

Thank you for the welcome.

Quote from: LuciferX on March 22, 2016, 08:45:36 PM

Promulgates false dichotomies.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 22, 2016, 04:55:29 PM

1. Someone is pulling strings somewhere,

Assumes facts not in evidence.

Thank you for your consideration.

May your days be interesting,

M.I.