News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Tough on bars, tough on the causes of bars

Started by Cain, November 10, 2015, 12:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 13, 2016, 02:31:08 AM
Quote from: Cain on February 12, 2016, 03:25:59 PM
One of the smartest facebook groups I'm part of has almost no-one giving their personal opinions.

The problem is Facebook encourages people to think their opinions are important, when they're mostly junk and garbage.  I'm also semi-convinced the current 20something generation has been chewing lead paint chips, because someone told them it was bad and they wanted to be contrarian.  FB is no worse than Reddit...which does suggest an age and possibly social media thing.

I'm intrigued by this "smart group" concept you relay here.

And yeah, people just prance about on Facebook posting their opinions everywhere as if they are filled with the assurance that they're important. They get enjoyably riled up when you tell them their opinion is irrelevant, too.  :lulz:

It's a geopolitics and political economy group, started by someone on my friendslist.  We mostly just post links to thinkpieces and analysis on those topics.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on February 13, 2016, 02:44:03 AM
One of the smartest facebook groups I'm part of has almost no-one giving their personal opinions.

The problem is Facebook encourages people to think their opinions are important, when they're mostly junk and garbage.  I'm also semi-convinced the current 20something generation has been chewing lead paint chips, because someone told them it was bad and they wanted to be contrarian.  FB is no worse than Reddit...which does suggest an age and possibly social media thing.

And yeah, people just prance about on Facebook posting their opinions everywhere as if they are filled with the assurance that they're important. They get enjoyably riled up when you tell them their opinion is irrelevant, too.  :lulz:

It's a geopolitics and political economy group, started by someone on my friendslist.  We mostly just post links to thinkpieces and analysis on those topics.

Oh, I imagine that's very good, and also very over my head. I'll just stick to asking you your opinion of things.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 13, 2016, 05:29:28 AM
Quote from: Cain on February 13, 2016, 02:44:03 AM

Oh, I imagine that's very good, and also very over my head. I'll just stick to asking you your opinion of things.

Eh, it's not too theoretical or anything.  Most people there, while politically quite informed, aren't necessarily scholars on the subject.

I think however, for the moment, they mostly want to keep it to a tight circle of people.

Cain

Speaking of tight circles of people, I have valiantly hidden behind a rock and valiantly spammed ghost wolf and valiantly stabbed bandits in the face in order to conquer Valtheim Towers.  Yes, that is somewhere in the region of 20+ bandits.  Yes, they are angry.  Yes, I savescummed the shit out of that venture.

Da6s

I made a whole thread for it, but Justice Scalia is dead. And somewhere, an Eagle gets its wings.

We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Nast

True story: one of our apartment tenants converted their apartment into a drug den. I use the word "converted", but really I mean they just kind of strewed what looks like a year's worth of trash, cigarette butts, and used syringes on the carpet. There is a giant gaping hole in the ceiling. The closet doors are ripped off their hinges. The sink appears to be awash in human blood. The bathtub is a thing of black mold and horror.

And of course, the tenants are nowhere to be found.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Cain

Sounds like most of our rooms, except they don't have bathtubs.

Nast

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Cain

Chinese students, as a rule, are pretty well behaved.  But they can't clean a room for the life of them.

Cain

Trivial

Hey birther cubemate hates Trump.  But he LOVES Cruz.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

trippinprincezz13

There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

The Good Reverend Roger

Overheard today:

"RIP Antonin Scalia (1936-1516)".