News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

I have discovered the Omega.

Started by Jasper, September 21, 2008, 05:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

Blend, say four habaneros into  two cups of simple syrup.  Boil for 20 minutes.

Pour onto EVERYTHING.

You will either die or literally get high on all the endorphins.

Cainad (dec.)

There are no kitchen facilities for students to use at my college :x

I must try to remember this for next time I go home.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Cainad on September 21, 2008, 06:15:09 PM

get yourself a hotplate.
you'd only need like one pot and one skillet.

East Coast Hustle

this sounds interesting. I think I want to find some way to work it into a dinner special.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Squiddy on September 21, 2008, 07:39:27 PM
Quote from: Cainad on September 21, 2008, 06:15:09 PM

get yourself a hotplate.
you'd only need like one pot and one skillet.

Not allowed :x :argh!: :emo: :rogpipe:

Wait, why should that stop me?

Jasper

I've still got about 200 mL left of the stuff, and I'm going to experiment by adding perhaps some paprika or other spices to it for extra sexiness.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Felix on September 21, 2008, 08:59:14 PM
I've still got about 200 mL left of the stuff, and I'm going to experiment by adding perhaps some paprika or other spices to it for extra sexiness.
Be like the Aztecs and try it with some dark, bitter chocolate.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Jasper

I like that.

I plan to experiment with paprika, chocolate, and curry.

Richter

This idea is both beautiful and terrifying.

:mittens:

Also, Welcome back.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Sepia

Gonna make and test this. It makes me want to have it on a salad.
Everyone will always be too late

LMNO

Intriguing.  The sugar should cut some of the heat, while bringing up the habaneros fruitiness, yes?

ECH: Drizzle on fish tacos.

Triple Zero

garlic. just sayin'.

personally i'd add a littlebit of salt, as well.

as always, i'd consider replacing syrup with honey, although when i made my "sambal" (similar thing) i used dark molasses syrup.

other really good spice to add: cilantro / coriander-leaves. failing that (or not), parsley.

about chocolate, i had dark chocolate with chillipeppers a couple of times, i wasn't terribly impressed. it tastes pretty much like you'd expect, chocolate with the burning/hot sensation of peppers. no synergy or anything. apparently in Germany, it's now all the rage to add capsaicin to just about any food to give it an extra "bite" (and sell it for more expensive cause it's "special", of course). they have several different kinds of dark chocolate with chillis, pure and with various fillings.
it made me realize i actually like the real fine, smooth medium-brown chocolate best. Maybe with a blend of nuts.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Sir Squid Diddimus

with chili's the dark bitter crap thats all crumbly and tastes like ass is the best.

for eating, i loves me some sweet milk chocolate with orange or nuts.

Squid- half german

Jasper

Quote from: triple zero on September 22, 2008, 05:34:51 PM

garlic. just sayin'.

personally i'd add a littlebit of salt, as well.

as always, i'd consider replacing syrup with honey, although when i made my "sambal" (similar thing) i used dark molasses syrup.

other really good spice to add: cilantro / coriander-leaves. failing that (or not), parsley.

about chocolate, i had dark chocolate with chillipeppers a couple of times, i wasn't terribly impressed. it tastes pretty much like you'd expect, chocolate with the burning/hot sensation of peppers. no synergy or anything. apparently in Germany, it's now all the rage to add capsaicin to just about any food to give it an extra "bite" (and sell it for more expensive cause it's "special", of course). they have several different kinds of dark chocolate with chillis, pure and with various fillings.
it made me realize i actually like the real fine, smooth medium-brown chocolate best. Maybe with a blend of nuts.

Garlic is sort of obligatory seeming.  I like this sauce because it can go with either sweet or savory, depending on how you use it.

Maybe a mix of syrup and dark molasses syrup.  Too much molasses I find cloying.  The cilantro sounds well.

I tried the paprika, it's not that great.  Then I added a bit of salt as per 000's suggestion and it kicked some ass.

More later, must run.

Jenne

Vinegar, dudes.  Coarse salt optional.  Put some veggies (julienned) and have it on the side with Indian/Pakistani food, Afghan, or Thai/Vietnamese.  You can also use it to make a sort of coleslaw with cabbage, jicama and carrots.

I make something like this when we have peppers in our garden.  Curled everyone's toes when I served it with my husband's Afghan food.  Used it like a condiment.