News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

HAW HAW HAW HAW!

Started by Doktor Howl, August 22, 2010, 07:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on August 23, 2010, 01:22:44 AM
Quote from: BabylonHoruv on August 23, 2010, 01:15:08 AM
Assuming they come up with something along these lines, were are convicted shoplifters supposed to shop?  Currently they only get banned from the stores they shoplifted from.  Default removal of right to engage in commerce seems awfully stiff punishment for a misdemeanor.

as I read it, they aren't bared from entering a store because of a shoplifting conviction at another store, just flagged for intense scrutiny.

It makes me wonder who else will be "flagged". Perhaps those with history of mental illness. Also, just how far does the information that stores get extend? Just to shoplifters? Could the guy behind the counter see my entire criminal history? Its one thing when the goverment is doing it(still wrong though) but another when some pizza faced worker drone behind the register knows I assaulted someone.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

The Johnny

Iris scanners in MY mexicos?

I dont see how i missed this.  :eek:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Adios

If the model is successful, expect to see it coming to a town near you! Soon!

I expect Arizona would have also volunteered to be a model, but likely a lot less red tape in Mexico.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on August 23, 2010, 01:08:40 AM
QuoteIt's gonna be RFID chips.  Mark my words.  They're far more versatile.

Agreed, but this shit'll do fine in the interim. I just wish they'd go ahead and start doing the cybernetic implants. I want my cyber arms.

Sure.  Just sign these easy credit papers, and we'll fix you right up.

Of course, if you can't make the payments, standard repossession terms apply.
Molon Lube

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Human society gets a little more fucked up every day.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

NotPublished

so now I'm assuming that employers will gain remote-viewing-technologies to see what your doing through your own eyes

"Yeah I'm sick"
"Not sick enough apparently, by the way your fired."

... imagine all the remote viewing sex!!!
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Requia ☣

Nah, the first big thing in cybernetics will be something to make us not need to sleep.  So that we can work 16 or 20 hour days.  (all without overtime pay of course, Rand bless that salary loophole).
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Wizard

QuoteNah, the first big thing in cybernetics will be something to make us not need to sleep.  So that we can work 16 or 20 hour days.  (all unpaid of course, bless that salary loophole).

Hmm. Wouldn't mind exploiting that. Will never let myself become a wage slave though. Leave that for the monkeys.
Insanity we trust.

Requia ☣

Actually this is *better* for the wage slaves, if you get payed hourly being able to work 16 hours a day means you get more money than if you work 8, if you have a salaried job it will be *required*, for no extra pay, they can afford to let you go if you don't want to, after all they'll be reducing staff thanks to the extra productivity.

Requia ☣

Actually, scratch that, there won't be enough wage slave jobs to go around, and the surplus labor will put unemployment even higher above the roof than it already is.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 22, 2010, 08:09:50 PMIt's crap anyway.  Everyone knows the future is in RFID tags.

RFID chips in action! http://gizmodo.com/5619013/cleveland-smart-bins-will-fine-non+recyclers-100

This'll learn them bastardly non-recyclers.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Rumckle

Quote from: Requia ☣ on August 22, 2010, 08:09:07 PM
Doubly so since retinal patterns change with age, so these things will need a *very* large margin of error.

This scans irises though, not retinas.

From Wikipedia:
QuoteWhile there are some medical and surgical procedures that can affect the colour and overall shape of the iris, the fine texture remains remarkably stable over many decades. Some iris identifications have succeeded over a period of about 30 years.

Though, at the moment iris scans can be faked by showing a high quality image of a person.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

BabylonHoruv

There have been some serious problems with in eye recordings already actually.  A man put one in his head and is now not allowed to go to the movies or watch football.  It violates some wiretapping laws too.

As far as the work side of it Requia, Salary is (legally) assumed to cover 40 hours a week, some require overtime, that has to be factored into the salary so that it comes out over min wage + overtime, requiring anyone, hourly or salary to work more than 80 hours a week is illegal.  The problem is that Salaried employees don't  know their rights and so they don't call their employers on it when they violate them.  (there's some provisions in there for Comp time or paid time off, as well)

You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Requia ☣

Minimum wage is shit pay even at overtime.  It's what you expect to make at McDonald's, not as a highly skilled professional that works 70 hours a week.

Don Coyote

How much would a highly skilled salaried employee expect to make?