News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

All you need to know about GamerGate in one rant

Started by ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞, October 24, 2014, 12:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

QuoteGaming is part of who I am, I can promise you that.

Thus, when I see an article titled "Gamers are dead," referring to the death of the popular trope of a pasty young man in a dimly lit room, it fills me with joy, because it means WE FUCKING WON. So many people are playing games now that they are popular culture. They are not going away. All sorts of cool things, that I like, are now things that a whole bunch of other people like! There's enough space now for people to make games that are strange and disturbing and maybe highlight a different perspective of the world, because gaming is no longer a niche activity, it's something that everybody does. There is room for art in video games. That's awesome!

You slopebrowed weaseldicks with zero reading comprehension and even less critical thinking skills who think an article claiming "Gamers are dead" is something bad? Fuck me sideways with a sandblaster.

It's like all you can do is look at this collection of words, scratch yourself uneasily, and then run off to look for grubs. Your reaction (and I am not making this up, because it's been widely documented literally everywhere) to various articles proclaiming the death of the basement-dwelling, cheetos-huffing, poopsock-sniffing douchepistol, because games are so good now that they are common entertainment and thus everyone plays them, was to COMPLETELY MISS THE POINT by either:

a) Making misogynistic threats against a wide variety of female game developers and critics because somehow they're going to keep games you enjoy from ever being made again

or

b) Being stupid enough to get sucked in by people busy making misogynistic threats against a wide variety of female game developers and critics, and supporting their idiotic crusade for the dumbing down of everyone everywhere ever.

https://medium.com/the-cauldron/why-gamergaters-piss-me-the-f-off-a7e4c7f6d8a6

:lulz:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Eater of Clowns

It's hate poetry. It's beautiful. The dude's use of jargon is a clear example of One of Us. Scriptkiddies and /b/tards? Damn son, where'd you get your Internet PhD.

I haven't been diving into the gamergate thing because it's a clusterfuck, confusing legitimate gripes about the steaming horseshit that we somehow call gaming journalism with wretched misogyny.

Felicia Day is afraid of the gamergate backlash. FELICIA DAY. What kind of a bunch of pieces of shit do you have to be that you're fucking with Felicia Day?
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: N E T on October 24, 2014, 12:33:46 PM
QuoteGaming is part of who I am, I can promise you that.

Thus, when I see an article titled "Gamers are dead," referring to the death of the popular trope of a pasty young man in a dimly lit room, it fills me with joy, because it means WE FUCKING WON. So many people are playing games now that they are popular culture. They are not going away. All sorts of cool things, that I like, are now things that a whole bunch of other people like! There's enough space now for people to make games that are strange and disturbing and maybe highlight a different perspective of the world, because gaming is no longer a niche activity, it's something that everybody does. There is room for art in video games. That's awesome!

You slopebrowed weaseldicks with zero reading comprehension and even less critical thinking skills who think an article claiming "Gamers are dead" is something bad? Fuck me sideways with a sandblaster.

It's like all you can do is look at this collection of words, scratch yourself uneasily, and then run off to look for grubs. Your reaction (and I am not making this up, because it's been widely documented literally everywhere) to various articles proclaiming the death of the basement-dwelling, cheetos-huffing, poopsock-sniffing douchepistol, because games are so good now that they are common entertainment and thus everyone plays them, was to COMPLETELY MISS THE POINT by either:

a) Making misogynistic threats against a wide variety of female game developers and critics because somehow they're going to keep games you enjoy from ever being made again

or

b) Being stupid enough to get sucked in by people busy making misogynistic threats against a wide variety of female game developers and critics, and supporting their idiotic crusade for the dumbing down of everyone everywhere ever.

https://medium.com/the-cauldron/why-gamergaters-piss-me-the-f-off-a7e4c7f6d8a6

:lulz:

I think I love this guy. And I love him even more for this:

QuoteNote: Several of you pointed out a glaring factual inconsistency in my piece. The original text said Kevin Spacey was a U.S. Senator, rather than a Representative, in the TV show House of Cards. Many apologies.

It is a potent skill indeed, to be able to craft a sincerely-worded retraction that loaded with the subtext "I can't believe somebody went to the effort of emailing me about something this trivial".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Another cool theing for me is that this is an ex-NFL player.  I mean, sure, he was a punter, but still.