Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 16, 2014, 03:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

Pæs

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on April 16, 2014, 05:01:08 AM
This is art?

:argh!:

As interpreted by a MassArt student who's off their meds or trying to be different or both.

Or in otherwords, a MassArt student.

I like ripping on MassArt, since it's a block from work.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: (Doktor (Nephew Twiddleton (Twid)) Blight) on April 16, 2014, 05:11:15 AM
This is art?

As interpreted by a MassArt student who's off their meds or trying to be different or both.

Reminds me of the half-assed scene kids here that are trying to be "edgy".

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on April 16, 2014, 05:12:14 AM
Quote from: (Doktor (Nephew Twiddleton (Twid)) Blight) on April 16, 2014, 05:11:15 AM
This is art?

Reminds me of the half-assed scene kids here that are trying to be "edgy".

To be fair if you're going to a college to become an artist, you're probably at that age and inclination match-up where you're going to do that anyway.

But still.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Basically, the message is that if you're an art-school student, fuck you, you're going to jail. Your weird art is going to be treated as terrorism.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Really?  I thought the message is, "If you leave a backpack with a pressure cooker in the same location as the bombing the night of the memorial service, you'll be arrested, even if you claim it's art."

Suu

Time to write a pention to ban art schools

or  :? :? :? :? :?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 16, 2014, 12:32:38 PM
Really?  I thought the message is, "If you leave a backpack with a pressure cooker in the same location as the bombing the night of the memorial service, you'll be arrested, even if you claim it's art."

I'm kinda landing on this side.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 16, 2014, 01:52:40 PM

Ditto. I don't understand why he even thought this was a good idea, but my guess is this is going to turn into another case of "affluenza" or some shit.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Suu on April 16, 2014, 02:18:13 PM

Ditto. I don't understand why he even thought this was a good idea, but my guess is this is going to turn into another case of "affluenza" or some shit.

No, he's not attractive enough, and probably not rich enough.

And his hair looks like he got mugged with a handful of shortening.

That video has sealed his fate, in any case, even if the idea of a FAKE BOMB PLANTED DURING A MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR A REAL BOMB doesn't do the trick, which it will.

They should have a specific sentence for BEING A DUMBASS.  You know, maybe a couple of years doing scutwork on a farm somewhere.  Nothing to fuck your life up, but something difficult that involves long hours.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 16, 2014, 02:21:51 PM
They should have a specific sentence for BEING A DUMBASS.  You know, maybe a couple of years doing scutwork on a farm somewhere.  Nothing to fuck your life up, but something difficult that involves long hours.

I kind of like this.

Cain

Just yesterday, I was complaining that "pathological idiot" didn't have an entry in the DSM-V.

I think I just found a case study for conclusively proving the existence of this affliction.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Suu on April 16, 2014, 02:18:13 PM

Yeah, it's not exactly like it was that Aqua Teen Hunger Force ad campaign. The kid made it look like there was a bomb with the intent to be interpreted as a bomb. If calling a fake bomb threat is is illegal, a poor excuse at performance art that involves fake bombs also is.