News:

PD.com: Ten minutes of your life that you can never get back.

Main Menu

Nigel, remember the last orange-eating contest?

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, October 02, 2012, 10:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Remember what a travesty it was?  Nobody talked shit, they just occasionally posted their score.  One person even went so far as to say they couldn't be bothered talking trash, and would just keep track of how many they ate...To which you replied, "This isn't an orange-eating contest, it's a bunch of people sitting around quietly and eating oranges."

Well, that's happened to PD.  I don't mean you or ECH, who haven't had TIME to do shit except pop in for 10 minutes here and there, and I don't mean Cain, who has made an effort, but other than that...It's just a bunch of people listlessly staring at their monitors.  It's like watching fucking paint dry.  The only thing anyone can be arsed to do is spazz out at the aspie, which takes NO REAL EFFORT.  It can be done on autopilot. 

I don't know what the fuck this is, but it's not MY Discordia.  My Discordia doesn't look like a long-abandoned usenet node.  It doesn't look like a fucking ghost town somewhere North of Morenci.  IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A BUNCH OF PEOPLE HAVING FUN, and if we're NOT having fun, then WHY ARE WE HERE?  To VIEW, just like what happened to the Discordian IRC?

Again...You, ECH, and Cain are aces with me.  This ain't about you.  It's about a board full of people, morosely munching on oranges.  Again.  Anyway, I'm sick of talking to an empty room, instead of talking with people, so I'll be over at Scrubgenius, hanging out with geriatric Subgeniuses, like I did before I found this place 10 years ago.  You three watch your asses, though.  When the soma runs out, these bastards will be looking at you guys and licking their chops.  It's what zombies DO.

Petulantly yours,
William Jennings Bryant

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Internet Jesus

HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS!

Cain

Naw.  This is temporary.  Temporary in the sense as being acknowledged as temporary, as opposed to a flounce, where someone is leaving FOR FOREVER (see you next week).

And we know what to do with zombies around these parts.  I know the rules.  Double-tap, cardio, check the backseat and carry plenty of shiny objects for the sake of distraction.  Also not be black (sorry Nigel, you're going to die first).

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

hooplala

I'll make sure in the future to PM you my schedule for perusal, Roger.  Wouldn't want you to think I was slacking or anything.

Later skaters.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Internet Jesus

Quote from: Cain on October 03, 2012, 12:15:23 AM
Naw.  This is temporary.  Temporary in the sense as being acknowledged as temporary, as opposed to a flounce, where someone is leaving FOR FOREVER (see you next week).

But if its a non-flounce predicated on a condition that we know isn't going to happen, short of Jesus giving Buddha the cure for assburgers, doesn't that count as a flounce in and of itself?

Cause Jesus ain't giving no one the cure.  Fucker's keeping it for himself.
HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 02, 2012, 10:30:17 PM
Remember what a travesty it was?  Nobody talked shit, they just occasionally posted their score.  One person even went so far as to say they couldn't be bothered talking trash, and would just keep track of how many they ate...To which you replied, "This isn't an orange-eating contest, it's a bunch of people sitting around quietly and eating oranges."

Well, that's happened to PD.  I don't mean you or ECH, who haven't had TIME to do shit except pop in for 10 minutes here and there, and I don't mean Cain, who has made an effort, but other than that...It's just a bunch of people listlessly staring at their monitors.  It's like watching fucking paint dry.  The only thing anyone can be arsed to do is spazz out at the aspie, which takes NO REAL EFFORT.  It can be done on autopilot. 

I don't know what the fuck this is, but it's not MY Discordia.  My Discordia doesn't look like a long-abandoned usenet node.  It doesn't look like a fucking ghost town somewhere North of Morenci.  IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A BUNCH OF PEOPLE HAVING FUN, and if we're NOT having fun, then WHY ARE WE HERE?  To VIEW, just like what happened to the Discordian IRC?

Again...You, ECH, and Cain are aces with me.  This ain't about you.  It's about a board full of people, morosely munching on oranges.  Again.  Anyway, I'm sick of talking to an empty room, instead of talking with people, so I'll be over at Scrubgenius, hanging out with geriatric Subgeniuses, like I did before I found this place 10 years ago.  You three watch your asses, though.  When the soma runs out, these bastards will be looking at you guys and licking their chops.  It's what zombies DO.

Petulantly yours,
William Jennings Bryant

THIS ISN'T

A FUCKING

ORANGE-EATING CONTEST

IT'S JUST A BUNCH OF PEOPLE "PEOPLE"

QUIETLY SITTING AROUND EATING ORANGES!!!!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

And we know what to do with zombies around these parts.  I know the rules.  Double-tap, cardio, check the backseat and carry plenty of shiny objects for the sake of distraction.  Also not be black (sorry Nigel, you're going to die first).

It's true. I'm the spunky light-skinned black best friend. There's one in every horror movie ever made, and she ALWAYS dies first.  :horrormirth:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Signora Pæsior

Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on October 03, 2012, 04:55:20 AM

It's true. I'm the spunky light-skinned black best friend. There's one in every horror movie ever made, and she ALWAYS dies first.  :horrormirth:

I'm curious. If someone is the spunky light-skinned black best friend, but also a virgin, do the two somehow cancel each other out and they just die off in the middle somewhere?

THIS REQUIRES FURTHER INVESTIGATION.
Petrochemical Pheremone Buzzard of the Poisoned Water Hole

hunter s.durden

Quote from: Signora Paesior on October 03, 2012, 05:10:14 AM
Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on October 03, 2012, 04:55:20 AM

I'm curious. If someone is the spunky light-skinned black best friend, but also a virgin, do the two somehow cancel each other out and they just die off in the middle somewhere?

Raped first to neutralize virginity, then death.
This space for rent.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: hunter s.durden on October 03, 2012, 05:11:34 AM
Quote from: Signora Paesior on October 03, 2012, 05:10:14 AM

Raped first to neutralize virginity, then death.

Hm, nnnnooooo, the virgin is NEVER raped and then killed. Sometimes she succumbs to her inner Jezebel and has crazy monkey sex of her own volition, thereby rendering her impure, at which point she is killed before the very eyes of her horrified despoiler, but that's different. If the virgin is raped, it's a guarantee that the rapist will be the very next character to die, and that either she, her Knight, or her brother will be the hero that (mostly) vanquishes evil at the end of the movie.

WATCH MOAR HORROR, DUED.

hunter s.durden

This space for rent.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: hunter s.durden on October 03, 2012, 05:27:04 AM
Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on October 03, 2012, 05:22:47 AM
WATCH MOAR HORROR, DUED.

I hate most horror movies.

Would this get me killed?

Depends on whether this means

A. you go check to see what that noise was

B. you walk away in relief after you bludgeon it to death.

Don Coyote

Wasn't the last guy standing in "Night of the Living Dead" the black dude who took fucking charger only to be gunned down by a bunch of white assholes at the end?

Luna

Quote from: American Jackal on October 03, 2012, 05:42:42 AM
Wasn't the last guy standing in "Night of the Living Dead" the black dude who took fucking charger only to be gunned down by a bunch of white assholes at the end?

Ayup.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."