Main Menu

Volunteer Thread

Started by Golden Applesauce, April 09, 2008, 11:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Meunster on November 20, 2014, 02:42:56 AM
People need people to spread discord?

Sign me up.

How ever, organized discord spreading seems counter intuitive.

1. Nobody said anything about organization except for you.

2. This thread is from 2008, idiot.

3. I hate you. Just making sure you know.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

So what?
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 21, 2014, 03:15:19 PM

So what?

It violates expectations.

Stop, you got something unexpected in my discord!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 22, 2014, 12:50:46 AM

So what?

I was told this back in 2004, when I wrote The Heresies. 

Adding to or altering Holy Writ™ is Grayface as fuck.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 22, 2014, 03:48:24 AM
Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 22, 2014, 12:50:46 AM

So what?

I was told this back in 2004, when I wrote The Heresies. 

Adding to or altering Holy Writ™ is Grayface as fuck.

THE IRONY

HOW IT BURNS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's like when I'm told that my Discordia isn't real Discordia because it's too different from the way other Discordians do it.

Don't want too much discord in our Discordia, now. Gotta keep it reaaaal orthodox. Lol pineal fnord 5 tons of flax hot dog with no bun.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Actually that hot dog thing probably irritates me more than anything else, because it's so emblematic of the fact that even though they parrot snippets of it endlessly, so many of these orthodox by-the-book Discordian types don't even seem to understand the meaning of what the book actually says.

I guess that's true of a lot of religious conservatives, though.

:lol:

rong

Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 22, 2014, 05:25:09 AM
Actually that hot dog thing probably irritates me more than anything else, because it's so emblematic of the fact that even though they parrot snippets of it endlessly, so many of these orthodox by-the-book Discordian types don't even seem to understand the meaning of what the book actually says.

it all makes sense now
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Doktor Howl

It's like people who quote Monty Python, and - worse - get upset when other people do it and make a mistake.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 22, 2014, 06:54:27 PM

It's like people who quote Monty Python, and - worse - get upset when other people do it and make a mistake.

Yep. Stuck in a loop.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Chelagoras The Boulder

they are like cylindrical tubes of awesome.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Zombo Scott

When I was in my teens I thought that I knew everything. In my twenty I still thought I knew better then most. Now I'm not sure what I know or if I know anything at all.  My biggest problem with the Principia Discordia isn't the stale jokes(I'm a cheesball and I eat that shit up). It's that with all the intentional contradictions, it encourages people to think for themselves. I'm old enough now to know that there are plenty of people that are way more qualified then myself to think my thoughts for me.     

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Zombo Scott on November 24, 2014, 05:47:51 AM
When I was in my teens I thought that I knew everything. In my twenty I still thought I knew better then most. Now I'm not sure what I know or if I know anything at all.  My biggest problem with the Principia Discordia isn't the stale jokes(I'm a cheesball and I eat that shit up). It's that with all the intentional contradictions, it encourages people to think for themselves. I'm old enough now to know that there are plenty of people that are way more qualified then myself to think my thoughts for me.   
... dude, what? What you are saying leads to blind obedience and blind obedience is the ultimate evil.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"