News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

Legality day one netted my state $250,000 in tax revenue.

Started by Da6s, January 03, 2014, 08:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da6s

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/colorado-governor-reveals-pot-tax-spending-plan

QuoteThe governor predicted sales and excise taxes next fiscal year would produce some $98 million, well above a $70 million annual estimate given to voters when they approved the pot taxes last year.

Tax dollars for fucking DAYS.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Da6s on February 22, 2014, 10:19:02 PM
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/colorado-governor-reveals-pot-tax-spending-plan

QuoteThe governor predicted sales and excise taxes next fiscal year would produce some $98 million, well above a $70 million annual estimate given to voters when they approved the pot taxes last year.

Tax dollars for fucking DAYS.

Almost makes me wish RWHN was still here, honestly.  :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Junkenstein

http://www.wealthdaily.com/articles/legalization-of-pot-means-trouble-for-private-prisons/4948

Private prisons worried about profit margins in the wake of decriminalisation/legalisation.

In other news, bears still shit in woods, Pope still a fan of Jesus.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on March 03, 2014, 08:23:26 AM
http://www.wealthdaily.com/articles/legalization-of-pot-means-trouble-for-private-prisons/4948

Private prisons worried about profit margins in the wake of decriminalisation/legalisation.

In other news, bears still shit in woods, Pope still a fan of Jesus.

What?  We aren't imprisoning enough people to keep CCA happy?

:sad:  <--- I has a sad.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

Never fear, all sorts of old and boring things will soon become criminal acts to help shore up the numbers.

I'm guessing alcohol related offences to get a big sentencing boost soon. Or possibly 2 ton of shit for the "legal high" market. There's no real reason to protect that any more anyway so there's a whole fresh set of kids ready for the jail.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The direction things are going in, I'd say we'll see the end of private prison contracts in most states within the decade.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Da6s

Over 2 million so far in tax revenue. All your states are drooling after mine like she's some cheap tramp.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

whenhellfreezes

Quote from: The Johnny on January 04, 2014, 11:43:09 PM

But at what SOCIAL COSTS uh, at what cost? Why noone think ov teh childruuuuuuuunzzzzzzz, debacle of civilization and baby jesus? you see in one week cannibal marijuanas zombies eating your pets because hallucination and dehydration with their uncontrolled primal "munchies" and breaking your windows with stones - and the wrath of god hailing fire by the DEA and FDA because drug cartels and jamaicas niggers invading and stealing with neuronal poisoning and toxins all lose memory and neurons all walking vegetables and not even enough MRI scanners to deinfuse sins from souls

Heh

Pergamos

Quote from: Da6s on March 15, 2014, 12:12:50 PM
Over 2 million so far in tax revenue. All your states are drooling after mine like she's some cheap tramp.

I sure hope so.  A chance of leading toward a balanced budget will mean it gets conservative support

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pergamos on March 15, 2014, 09:30:33 PM

I sure hope so.  A chance of leading toward a balanced budget will mean it gets conservative support

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Pergamos

Quote from: Nigel on March 15, 2014, 10:29:03 PM
Quote from: Pergamos on March 15, 2014, 09:30:33 PM

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

balanced budget, small government, economic opportunity, sounds pretty attractive to conservatives to me. 

Cain

No, they're attractive conservative propaganda.

Or did you think it was just coincidence that the budget gets terribly unbalanced, government expands and jobs decline when Republicans get into power?

Pergamos

Quote from: Cain on March 15, 2014, 10:38:23 PM
No, they're attractive conservative propaganda.

Or did you think it was just coincidence that the budget gets terribly unbalanced, government expands and jobs decline when Republicans get into power?

I meant conservative voters, not conservative politicians.