News:

Can anyone ever be sufficiently committed to Sparkle Motion?

Main Menu

Dark Side of Discord

Started by D351, October 02, 2015, 01:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D351

This is the most obscure pop culture reference I could come up with.

Q. G. Pennyworth

The Wizard Joseph

Nope. Got my attention now though.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Dubya

No but having read the description, I have a mental image of the author that Google's lack of immediate results was kind enough to let me enjoy.

:lulz:
"Gold Medalist of the 2015 David Cameron Memorial Barnyard Olympics."

Q. G. Pennyworth

There are 4chan screenshots in the book

D351

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 02, 2015, 02:17:19 AM
There are 4chan screenshots in the book
This seems eerily appropriate.

Meunster

Poe's law ;)

Dubya

> be 13, semi-literate, read skim Principia Discordia
> think, "I can do this!"
>write for 20 minutes, throw in some screencaps.
>run mess through online press
> wait for inevitable fame and fortune

D351

Quote from: Dubya on October 02, 2015, 02:59:07 AM
>Not knowing how to green text.
But srsly, is this a review from reading or a (more-than-likely-accurate) guess?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 02, 2015, 01:56:28 AM

Really?  You can read Brother Nihil here, for free.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Dubya

Quote from: D351 on October 02, 2015, 03:09:21 AM
Quote from: Dubya on October 02, 2015, 02:59:07 AM
>Not knowing how to green text.
But srsly, is this a review from reading or a (more-than-likely-accurate) guess?

Just a guess. Had a quick look for a free dl of the thing, couldn't find one in the first 5 pages of results. Found a place that claimed to have it  something like a 10MB pdf. Not going to pay six bucks to read something by someone who won't even run their item description through a spelling check.

LMNO

QuoteAbout this item
Eris has spoken to me. She is tired of her religion being portrayed as a joke, or as something that appeals to weak, intellectual liberal douche bags. She wants me to remind the world that DISCORD is not nice. That CHAOS is not progressivism. That CONFUSION is not enlightenment. That BEUROCRACY is not "social justice." And, lastly, that AFTERMATH is approaching. The Dark Discordian encourages DISCORD by trolling both sides of an argument. Having a set of beliefs makes a person a fool. Having a side in an argument makes a person a pawn. The Dark Discordian is above the simple games of most debate. Left/Right politics is nothing more than a way to create more Discord. Male/Female politics is nothing more than a way to spread more Discord. The Dark Discordian takes neither blue nor red pill, because The Dark Discordian has already taken the BLACK PILL. The Dark Discordian sews seeds of CHAOS by encouraging the forces of entropy. Believing in a utopia is mental illness. Having hope for the human race is stupidity. Seeing humans as nothing more than a parasite and entertainment is blindness. All systems will break down. All relationships will crumble. The Dark Discordian takes great amusement in this harsh truth. The Dark Discordian spreads CONFUSION instead of logic. Lies and slander are tools to be sharpened. Rumors and conspiracy theories encouraged. The more everyone is afraid and untrusting the better life is for the Dark Discordian. This is not LOLSORANDUMB, this is intentional mis and dis information. This is programming. The Dark Discordian enjoys BEUROCRACY, and is happy that you have to wait years to cut through all the red tape that gets you nothing. The Dark Discordian is preparing for THE AFTERMATH.

Christ, what an asshole.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 02, 2015, 03:11:43 AM

:lulz: Oh my I'd never PAY to read about the "black pill" mentioned in the review.
It did grab my attention though. On the surface it looks like teen angst, but the way the review is written is fairly sophisticated. This of course means more about the editor than the content.

Is there anything about this Brother Nihil worth looking at? The giant RHWN thread is sitting in an open window for now.

It occurs to me that "getting caught up" with PD is not a thing a mortal can just realistically expect to do.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

This seems consistent with Hesiod's theory of dual-Erises

Then again I haven't read it, so it very well might not be.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 02, 2015, 03:52:33 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 02, 2015, 03:11:43 AM

:lulz: Oh my I'd never PAY to read about the "black pill" mentioned in the review.
It did grab my attention though. On the surface it looks like teen angst, but the way the review is written is fairly sophisticated. This of course means more about the editor than the content.

Is there anything about this Brother Nihil worth looking at? The giant RHWN thread is sitting in an open window for now.

It occurs to me that "getting caught up" with PD is not a thing a mortal can just realistically expect to do.

I will eat my own face if there was an editor for this.