News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

Intermittens 2011

Started by Cramulus, October 24, 2011, 09:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

2011 is wrapping up. I'm wondering if we should document what our corner of the Discordian Society has been up to for the last year. Maybe we should release some kind of periodical which captures it.

So here's my idea: use this thread to cross-post the best PDdotcomforum content from 2011.

What are we looking for?
Stories, rants, quotes, meme bombs, WOMPs, other images, etc.
articles about stuff that's happened this year
blog posts written this year
reactions to this year's big news items

We are only interested in ORIGINAL CONTENT.
We are only interested in THINGS THAT CAN BE REPRINTED / REDISTRIBUTED.

I'm really interested in meet ups, pranks, group projects, and other times when Discordia has manifested in 3D IRL.

Who is putting this thing together? Nobody yet. I'm starting this thread because collecting all the material is actually one of the hardest parts. I will volunteer if there is enough content and nobody else wants to do it.

Are you guys interested in this idea? If enough people are interested, and willing to help put it together, we will all have a souvenir of this crazy year we've spent together.

We are of course open to any submissions at all. If you want to put together a crossword puzzle, word search, whatever, we'll print it.

aaaaaaand BRAINSTORM

The Good Reverend Roger

Horrible fucking rant forthcoming.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Dimocritus

I completely failed at putting together the meat-up edition. Mayhap we can use the submissions from that for this?
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Dimocritus on November 10, 2011, 05:56:58 AM
I completely failed at putting together the meat-up edition. Mayhap we can use the submissions from that for this?

IT'S NOT TOO LATE!

As for my 2011 stuff, really all I did that I can remember is the Nessie thread.  It's been a bad year for me writing wise, but at least there's that.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

Oh, would there be any interest in my Spider Game narratives?  They'd probably need some work, but you could find a decent vignette in there somewhere.

Cramulus

EoC: We could definitely use a printed version of the nessy thread -- if anybody could compile it into a single doc, that would be most helpful.

LMNO: The spider vignettes: are they fun to read in of themselves? I suspect a random stranger probably wouldn't enjoy reading the sequence of events within the game, but if the vignettes form a coherent and interesting story, it'd be worth reprinting.

Dimo: Does that mean you're officially quitting that issue? If so, you should make the material available for another editor.

Eater of Clowns

I agree the Nessie work should be in a single document.  I think with the sheer volume of material it's too big for Intermittens - I alone wrote over 11,000 words, and I'm one of what, 12 contributors?

Best I can do for compiling it while at work is Google docs.  Let me see what I can get done today.  I can give access to anyone who'd like it if they let me know their e-mail address.

ETA:  Scratch that one out.  It operates enough like ass that using it is pointless.  It'd be a while before I can even attempt this, if anyone else would like to give it a shot.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Luna

Given that I registered in January, everything I've put here his from this year.  If there's anything useful, just gimme a heads up.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't think I've written anything worthwhile this year at all.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

I can't remember what I wrote.

I'd kind of like to do something with the singles ads.

Or those old 1" square ads that they used to have in the back of comic books (X-ray specs, etc).
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 11, 2011, 02:44:06 AM
I can't remember what I wrote.

Or those old 1" square ads that they used to have in the back of comic books (X-ray specs, etc).

Yes.

This.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Cramulus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 11, 2011, 02:44:06 AM

yeahh! maybe something to this effect...?

Luna

Set up a contact e-mail to collect responses.

Pretty please.   :lulz: