News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 10, 2015, 01:33:03 AM
I feel ya.

My life has descended into a bucket of violence and stupidity that has had a bit of an effect on me.  I don't feel like I have many friends, and I am not entirely certain I deserve the ones I do have.  I am reasonably certain that I'm not depressed, as I don't have any of the symptoms of depression other than the above.  I think instead that my mental picture of my world is accurate right now.

Which, of course, doesn't improve things one iota.

That's how I feel.

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 10, 2015, 01:43:44 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 10, 2015, 01:38:32 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 10, 2015, 01:35:05 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 10, 2015, 01:33:03 AM
I feel ya.

My life has descended into a bucket of violence and stupidity that has had a bit of an effect on me.  I don't feel like I have many friends, and I am not entirely certain I deserve the ones I do have.  I am reasonably certain that I'm not depressed, as I don't have any of the symptoms of depression other than the above.  I think instead that my mental picture of my world is accurate right now.

Which, of course, doesn't improve things one iota.

Crap. :( You hang in there, too. Any word on your wife's health?

Last tests are Monday.  Looks like she lost weight so fast her glucophage dose was suddenly too high for her, and she bombed out.

And I'll be fine.  I always am.  I mentioned, once, the "glass hallway" effect.  My head's in there a lot, but I'm maintaining.  I need to get out of this fucking trap I've put myself in, while I'm still somewhat human.

I'm glad to hear she's OK! And that you will be, too.

I second this.

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 10, 2015, 01:47:18 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 10, 2015, 01:39:08 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 10, 2015, 01:38:08 AM
In other news, out of the blue I found out that my stepmom divorced my dad this summer. I'm just like, what the actual fuck? I realize that he's been a pain in  the ass these last few years and will continue to get worse, but can you just divorce your spouse of 25+ years when Alzheimers starts setting in?

"In sickness and in health."  At least for me.

Yeah, what's that saying? That the end result of a successful marriage is watching your spouse die? Maybe that does suck, but I can't imagine just abandoning someone I'd spent my life with like that.

I can't even fathom that. 25+ years together? And then to leave. That's horrid.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Don Coyote on October 10, 2015, 02:21:49 AM

I can't even fathom that. 25+ years together? And then to leave. That's horrid.

Yeah, I can't really wrap my head around it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Roger and Coyote: you have friends.

Nigel: damn. I could never, regardless of how uncomfortably painful it would be. I'm sorry.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on October 10, 2015, 03:41:17 AM
Roger and Coyote: you have friends.

Nigel: damn. I could never, regardless of how uncomfortably painful it would be. I'm sorry.

Thank you. I'm OK and he's OK, I'm just kind of baffled by it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

Turning old shitty prose into poetry is harder than I expected.

minuspace

For the past six years I've been trying to get this 4-Pole filter plugin back after a crash.  Today I found a port to the right release, discontinued by new owner company.  So stoked =)

Don Coyote

Stupid soundcloud has been processing some new recordings for the last half hour.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Don Coyote on October 10, 2015, 03:43:10 PM
Stupid soundcloud has been processing some new recordings for the last half hour.

Good luck with that.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 10, 2015, 06:05:15 PM
Quote from: Don Coyote on October 10, 2015, 03:43:10 PM

Good luck with that.

Found out the problem. For some reason soundcloud won't finish processing a track until it gets a tag, but since I upload from my phone that portion of the upload process is missing. I therefore have to go to soundcloud via computer and tag my new tracks.

It's fucking dumb. I might migrate over to ReverbNation.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Today is the day I finish my stupid food forest paper.

Cain

It's just developmentally challenged food forest, jeez.

East Coast Hustle

I am pretty sure I have the black plague, and the 7-11 up the street doesn't sell any nosegays. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die out of my nostrils and anus at the same time.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

My new job/internship is simply amazing.

I'm all up in the Internet's backend and it's exactly as unkempt and hairy as you might imagine it to be. PHP, virtual machines, SSH, JavaScript, Python, it's good times. Code that runs code that runs code—that's my new life.

8)

Most importantly, I'm finally be able to afford to visit my oldest girl again. I'm proverbially stoked.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 10, 2015, 01:42:59 AM
"Thanks for supporting me through graduate school and raising my sons! Now that your once-brilliant mind is starting to go, though, maybe you can just fuck off? Oh BTW all the property we bought together is mine. BYE!"

Kayne West song comes into play.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel