News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Tough on bars, tough on the causes of bars

Started by Cain, November 10, 2015, 12:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You must have yourself pretty well insulated. I envy you.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm not being sarcastic. I have almost 1800 motherfuckers on my friends list, mostly due to business in my old life. I'd delete them, but Facebook has made it almost impossibly time-consuming.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

I haven't seen as much, but even with only 150 odd friends, I've had Britain First videos and Youtube "documentaries" on the evils of the perfidious Moslems posted to my timeline.

LMNO

1800?  I'd NOPE the whole thing for a few weeks; I wouldn't be able to take it.

Cain

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on November 18, 2015, 04:49:31 PM
Writing a piece on ISIS.  Again.

At this point, I figured you'd have enough practice you could just da'esh one off.

:asshat:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on November 18, 2015, 05:03:09 PM

At this point, I figured you'd have enough practice you could just da'esh one off.

:asshat:

:walken:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Daesh is in and of itself a terrible pun, so I'm not even sure what that makes that post.  A metaterripun?

That said, it is actually being written fairly fast.  Two pages already, and I've taken a few breaks.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on November 18, 2015, 12:50:41 PM
1800?  I'd NOPE the whole thing for a few weeks; I wouldn't be able to take it.

I got rid of almost 100 tonight. I think that if I make it a goal to delete 100 people a week until I'm down to just people I know I want  to talk to, it will be achievable.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

In the last couple of days one old friend (no college education) decided to educate me about transgenics, and another (an art major) offered me an accessible explanation of ethical and credibility issues in journal publication.

I have this feeling that no matter how far I go with my education, there will always be plenty of people who, despite knowing me and hypothetically knowing what I do, will be willing to mansplain topics that are within my area of expertise. I look forward to achieving the level of Zen that will make it possible for me to view these instances with more humor than irritation.

The Good Reverend Roger

Nigel, who are we kidding?  You'll just kill them, and we shall cheer you on.

Also, why is the board so fucking slow today?  I mean in terms of load times.  It's insane.  60-90 seconds per page, the rest of the internet is fine.

Also also, teh flukes are in rare form.  If you could see what I see...
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 19, 2015, 05:01:59 AM

Will you be linking it here?

Yes, once it's published.  It's currently in editorial hell, being processed.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Cain on November 19, 2015, 06:07:55 PM

It's not that bad, you just forget sometimes that sentences aren't 300 words long  :lulz:

Cain

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 19, 2015, 06:38:53 PM
Quote from: Cain on November 19, 2015, 06:07:55 PM

It's not that bad, you just forget sometimes that sentences aren't 300 words long  :lulz:

Well they should be.

James is also making fun of me for using double spaces at the end of the sentences that do actually end  :sad: