News:

"We don't make the apocalypse, we make the apocalypse better."

Main Menu

Marvel, this is the last fucking straw.

Started by The Wizard, August 11, 2010, 03:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard

That's it. I have had enough of Marvel's shit. They've killed Nightcrawler. My favorite X-Man. My favorite character, period. And the worst part is that in a couple years they'll just bring him back in some idiotic retcon. I have had fucking enough!

Starting out, I thought Marvel was getting better. They gave us Civil War, which was a truly brilliant series. Sure, it killed Captain America, another of my favorites, but they did it perfectly. They immortalized him Kennedy style. His death made fucking headlines! But of course instead of letting him rest in peace, they retconned him from the dead. You know how? They said that the bullet that killed him actually sent him back in time to World War II. A time travel bullet. So they can tell the story of Cap's fight against the Nazi's. Again.

I give up. Marvel has shat on every good character and storyline they have. For the past couple of decades they've recycled the stories from the sixties, over and over again. And now they've just gone into a retcon frenzy. They've desecrated the heroes I've loved since early childhood, and for that I will fucking watch them burn.  :argh!:

Any comic fans present, don't hesitate to rant your hate at Marvel Comics. They've fucking earned it.
Insanity we trust.

The Wizard

This might belong in Or Kill Me. I'll leave that up to the Admin folk. Move it if you think this belongs there.
Insanity we trust.

President Television

Nightcrawler? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  :cry:
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

The Wizard

I want to track down the writer and kill him with my bare hands.
Insanity we trust.

Epimetheus

Oh, they..they killed him?!?!  :sadbanana:

For a second I thought you were saying they like, destroyed his character, and I thought you were referring to the movies. And I was going to say, you have to ignore the movies.

But, I don't keep up with any comics, even though I like them - and...FUCK. Nightcrawler was one of my favorites too.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

The Wizard

QuoteFor a second I thought you were saying they like, destroyed his character, and I thought you were referring to the movies. And I was going to say, you have to ignore the movies.

But, I don't keep up with any comics, even though I like them - and...FUCK. Nightcrawler was one of my favorites too.

I didn't mind the movie version so much. It was palatable.

The worst part about them killing him is that they won't respect his death. They'll resurrect him in three years and any significance his death had will be lost. In comics, death is meaningless. Which is fucking infuriating.
Insanity we trust.

Epimetheus

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on August 11, 2010, 04:04:49 AM
They'll resurrect him in three years and any significance his death had will be lost. In comics, death is meaningless. Which is fucking infuriating.

But that's how they honor a character's importance, in their fucked-up way.
In other words, they kill him for a huge impact and then bring him back 'cause they realize OH SHIT NIGHTCRAWLER WAS COOL!

The Wizard

QuoteIn other words, they kill him for a huge impact and then bring him back 'cause they realize OH SHIT NIGHTCRAWLER WAS COOL!

Doesn't matter. They've also killed the Punisher and turned him into Frankenstein. The horror never ends.

Insanity we trust.

Suu

Dude. They killed Nightcrawler months ago. LRN 2 COMIC BOOK.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

President Television

I never even read comics but I still think Nightcrawler was awesome.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

The Wizard

QuoteDude. They killed Nightcrawler months ago. LRN 2 COMIC BOOK.

I live in the sticks. No local comic shop. Also, haven't checked in on Marvel lately, been reading Ex Machina and Kick Ass.

Doesn't matter anyway. They still killed Nightcrawler.
Insanity we trust.

Epimetheus

Who specifically wrote the issue/series wherein lies the death? Maybe we should hate them more.

BadBeast

I always preferred DC. Especially since they launched Vertigo, and started recruiting talent from Fleetway. (Garth Ennis, Grant Morrison, Pete Milligan, Jamie Delano, Warren Pleece, Steve Dillon, Sean Philips, Philip Bond, Dean Ormston, Bryan Talbot, Duncan Fegredo, Brian Bolland, Will Simpson, Glen Fabry, etc)
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Suu

Well it was either him, Cyclops or Wolverine.

How do I know? I have teh sources.

-Suu
"Industry Professional"

Quote from: Evan on August 11, 2010, 04:19:13 AM
Who specifically wrote the issue/series wherein lies the death? Maybe we should hate them more.

I think that one may have been all Chris Yost. And don't hate the penciler, they only do what Stan pays them for.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Wizard

QuoteWell it was either him, Cyclops or Wolverine.

Cyclops then. Gladly.

I blame the writer sure, but Marvel the company has been doing this shit for way too long. This was just the last straw.
Insanity we trust.