News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

Sister CityGASM

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, October 24, 2010, 04:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurt Christ

Do any of our British members happen to reside in Birmingham? I'm in Birmingham, AL.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Freeky

As I suspected, there is not enough room in the world for TWO Tucsons, let alone many. A quick scan of Wikipedia says that there is only Tucson, AZ and a type of SUV made by Hyundai.

Be grateful, you spags, that there isn't two Holy Cities of Eris (or more).

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on November 08, 2010, 02:55:34 AM
As I suspected, there is not enough room in the world for TWO Tucsons, let alone many. A quick scan of Wikipedia says that there is only Tucson, AZ and a type of SUV made by Hyundai.

Be grateful, you spags, that there isn't two Holy Cities of Eris (or more).

You could, however, go for the second option:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tucson,_Arizona#Sister_cities

Roscommon, Ireland is a potentially fertile ground, since it's a county and not a city. Don't ask me how that works though.

As far as Boston goes, Hanni, if you are willing (or any Bostonians of the Massachusetts variety are ok with) we'll determine this a success if we pull in 4 Bostons on 2, preferrably 3 continents. But we won't stop there either.

Also note that any cabals and/or stand alone Discordians in any Boston is welcome to take on the UCB title, eg, LMNO, Pope Tom, Darth Cupcakes, etc can just add it automatically if s/he wants.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Vartox on November 07, 2010, 07:54:02 PM
Do any of our British members happen to reside in Birmingham? I'm in Birmingham, AL.

For you:
United States
Birmingham, Alabama, the largest city in Alabama and the largest city named Birmingham in the United States
Birmingham, Alabama (Amtrak station), known as Birmingham station
Birmingham-Hoover-Cullman Combined Statistical Area
Birmingham, Connecticut
Birmingham, Kentucky, a sunken town
Birmingham, Indiana
Birmingham, Iowa
Birmingham, Michigan
Birmingham, Michigan (Amtrak station), known as Birmingham station
Birmingham, Missouri
Birmingham, Erie County, Ohio
Birmingham, Guernsey County, Ohio
Birmingham, Chester County, Pennsylvania
Birmingham, Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania
Birmingham Township, Schuyler County, Illinois
Birmingham (Pittsburgh), a neighborhood in Pittsburgh now known as South Side.
Birmingham Township, Pennsylvania

And obviously, Birmingham England. Apparently the name exists only here and there. I don't usually venture into Connecticut, but will facilitate if I can. (will check feasibility of travel to there from Boston, MA to do stuff on your behalf). I don't want this to work just for Boston, but any spag that wants to branch out into same-named or sister city supercabals.

Nephew Twiddleton

Change of tactic for me. Social Networking is too cumbersome for this. I think that I read in an old TGRR post that Craigslist is a good way to find people. Boston, NY is near Buffalo, it seems. So I will use that and have them contact me. I'm thinking going into the rants and raves section would be valuable to catch peoples attention.

For those who have successfully hooked people on Discordia, how did you go about it?