News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

Tennessee getting ready to throw poor students under the bus.

Started by Bruno, April 04, 2013, 08:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno

Quote from: Pergamos on April 08, 2013, 08:59:56 PM
Quote from: Juana Go? on April 08, 2013, 08:58:38 PM
I think it's mostly a I-hate-the-dirty-poor thing. America doesn't treat her poor very well. We've got a very Protestant notion that if you're poor, it's your own fault and god hates you. And so we don't really think about them as real people.

Everyone that I have heard taking this position is poor.  Some of them are even currently on benefits.

I have a cousin who goes on and on about it (he's all for it). He is on disability because of brain damage he suffered as an infant.

I don't know how to approach that.  :sad:
Formerly something else...

Juana

Quote from: navkat: navkat of...navkat! on April 08, 2013, 09:02:26 PM
I think it's mostly a I-hate-the-dirty-poor thing. America doesn't treat her poor very well. We've got a very Protestant notion that if you're poor, it's your own fault and god hates you. And so we don't really think about them as real people.

Some of it's that and some of it is that there are people who are genuinely well-meaning but misled. And then, there are some that look at their ever-shrinking pile and instead of fighting the Colossus with all the purse-strings, they snarl at the hungry critters at the edges and guard the bowl.
Like VZ, yes, in the last case. And it's classism they use to explain it (just as much as it's the fuel for the need to guard the bowl).

Quote from: Emo Howard on April 08, 2013, 09:04:12 PM
Quote from: Pergamos on April 08, 2013, 08:59:56 PM

Everyone that I have heard taking this position is poor.  Some of them are even currently on benefits.

I have a cousin who goes on and on about it (he's all for it). He is on disability because of brain damage he suffered as an infant.

I don't know how to approach that.  :sad:
Yeah, I have some of the same feelings. My Tea Bagger Step Dad is on disability for lupus and he's alllll about cutting benefits. What.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

von

After reading the replies to this thread, I can say that there is absolutely nothing resembling credibility concerning the way I now view the opinions of the persons who made reply to me.

Certainly their were logical arguments here and there, but when I literally got told the most stereotypical liberal trope (one I wished had only been a simple stereotype) -- check your privilege -- I couldn't help but stop reading, and begin to promptly laugh until I shit my pants with the throbbing force of 1000 moons.

When the thread started speaking of racism, classism, sexism and then began making implications leaning towards steering the argument towards birth control, again, another 1000 moons of shit pulsed forth from my now-bleeding asshole at the sheer hilarity of what I was reading. Bonus points when someone piped up and assumed that Glenn Beck was someone I look up to.

Between taking quote out of context and the rabble of screams for the death of this poor, redneck, racist, CIS-scum, I can't help but laugh at how terribly accurate the stereotypes concerning liberal thinkers are.

Anyway, to make mention of the BIP...

Even years ago when I was still the dirty pot-smoking, wealth redistributing, welfare queen faggot, the BIP literally came off as nothing but a pale, gloom and doom, post-modern garbagecan-rehash of a little yellow book written by a stoned, schizophrenic hippy, and a slightly autistic UNIX programmer, who denounced the whole shitstain he'd created in the end anyway.

As for you Nigel, if you were paying as much in taxes as you claim (and no doubt these figures are true), then I can aptly say that the disparity of wealth between myself and you at the time of your prime, is such that in your failure and subsequent poverty, the old me would have been the one revelling in the fall of "just another rich fuck". Current CIS-scum capitalist me sees your use of the welfare system as a positive use of the system...the me that would have agreed with this thread sees it as just desserts for making more money than myself and my compatriots.

Anyway, I hope great prosperity in the future arguements of the whole lot of you. Perhaps one day, when by winning, you tax my working class ass back into the underclasses, you can marvel at the fact that you'll be paying for my food, taking care of my ails, and providing me housing...regardless of intellectually deformed or unworthy of your assistance you may deem me. You will be financing the existance of pure scum that is nothing but an ideological and fiscal drain on society...and this is what you get in WINNING your argument!

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

And for the record you entitled little fuck, you never bothered to give my input more than a passing glance.

Fuck you. Enjoy driving on the roads "YOUR CORPORATION" paid for because you're just another screaming clown.

Ah that's better.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 08, 2013, 09:12:09 PM
Oh boy.

This is going to be hilarious.

Yeah, I think we've got a live one.  :lulz:

Shit: meet fan.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 08, 2013, 09:10:19 PM
After reading the replies to this thread, I can say that there is absolutely nothing resembling credibility concerning the way I now view the opinions of the persons who made reply to me.

Certainly their were logical arguments here and there, but when I literally got told the most stereotypical liberal trope (one I wished had only been a simple stereotype) -- check your privilege -- I couldn't help but stop reading, and begin to promptly laugh until I shit my pants with the throbbing force of 1000 moons.
]

That was my first response to the privilege thing, months ago (check the threads, they were BRUTAL both ways).  Thing is, I spent some time thinking and reevaluating.

When the thread started speaking of racism, classism, sexism and then began making implications leaning towards steering the argument towards birth control, again, another 1000 moons of shit pulsed forth from my now-bleeding asshole at the sheer hilarity of what I was reading.

You sort of initiated that, dude.

Between taking quote out of context and the rabble of screams for the death of this poor, redneck, racist, CIS-scum, I can't help but laugh at how terribly accurate the stereotypes concerning liberal thinkers are.

Confirmation bias is a bitch.  For example, I am not a liberal, at least not as the word is used today.

QuoteAnyway, I hope great prosperity in the future arguements of the whole lot of you. Perhaps one day, when by winning, you tax my working class ass back into the underclasses, you can marvel at the fact that you'll be paying for my food, taking care of my ails, and providing me housing...regardless of intellectually deformed or unworthy of your assistance you may deem me. You will be financing the existance of pure scum that is nothing but an ideological and fiscal drain on society...and this is what you get in WINNING your argument!

I am distressed to see that I was right about you.  Have fun at your tea party.

As I have said elsewhere, America runs on Butthurt.  It's our fuel.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Juana

Hell hath no fury like a white cishet man with his feelings hurt. :lulz:
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Juana Go? on April 08, 2013, 09:19:32 PM

:kingmeh:

Yes, we CIS types can be like that.  We're so flighty and emotional, you know.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

von

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 08, 2013, 09:16:34 PM
And for the record you entitled little fuck, you never bothered to give my input more than a passing glance.

Fuck you. Enjoy driving on the roads "YOUR CORPORATION" paid for because you're just another screaming clown.

Ah that's better.

This board's definition of entitlement is pants-on-head retarded. Your whole position that the poor should get some sort of assistance is literally the definition of entitlement...look anywhere that isn't PD for that definition, and you'll see that you're the entitled fuck.

And I will enjoy driving on my company's roads...because so long as my company is profitable enough to maintain those roads, I'll have a motivation to form a voluntary association with them.

Also, fuck you librul joo, imma go fuck mah sister, drink sum beer and watch nascar now, k?

The Johnny

Im a non-partisan foreigner, so i suppose that makes me a "bleeding heart liburrul" for disagreeing with your prejudices.  :lulz:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

von

Quote from: The Johnny on April 08, 2013, 09:23:39 PM
Im a non-partisan foreigner, so i suppose that makes me a "bleeding heart liburrul" for disagreeing with your prejudices.  :lulz:

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Juana

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2013, 09:21:06 PM
Quote from: Juana Go? on April 08, 2013, 09:19:32 PM

:kingmeh:

Yes, we CIS types can be like that.  We're so flighty and emotional, you know.
People who are privileged have a tendency to respond with knee jerk anger-fueled denial when confronted with their own privilege. The more privileged they are, the angrier and more virulent the denial, and white cishet men are the tip top of the heirarchy. This is simply my observation based on my reading and discussions. Like, VZ is absolutely typical.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 08, 2013, 09:21:44 PM

This board's definition of entitlement is pants-on-head retarded.

Look, I wrote out that huge explanation of the definition of privilege and entitlement, and you didn't even fucking read it, let alone comment on it.  So fuck off back to your teabagger buddies.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 08, 2013, 09:21:44 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on April 08, 2013, 09:16:34 PM

Ah that's better.

This board's definition of entitlement is pants-on-head retarded. Your whole position that the poor should get some sort of assistance is literally the definition of entitlement...look anywhere that isn't PD for that definition, and you'll see that you're the entitled fuck.

And I will enjoy driving on my company's roads...because so long as my company is profitable enough to maintain those roads, I'll have a motivation to form a voluntary association with them.

Also, fuck you librul joo, imma go fuck mah sister, drink sum beer and watch nascar now, k?

Child, you won't leave here until your arse is red raw. But do enlighten me, why is the definition retarded?

Do you think your corporation will choose to voluntarly associate with you for long? You seem to offer nothing to the table. Why are you worth anything, let alone 9.50 again?