News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Mutants and Mastermins anyone?

Started by Requia ☣, October 26, 2010, 05:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard

Really depends on what kind of mood/themes you're going for.
Insanity we trust.

Kurt Christ

Quote from: Aleister Growly on November 04, 2010, 12:25:45 AM
Never played M&M but would like to get in on this.
Well, this will be my first time running it, so you'll be in good company.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

The Wizard

My first time too. Read extensively, but have never been able to play.
Insanity we trust.

Requia ☣

As an alternative to a specific city, how about simply The City.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

eighteen buddha strike

I've always wanted to set a Mage the Ascension game in Metro City, it could work for M&M too... but "The City" is probably more thematically appropriate for the potential group here.

I guess I'll have to download a scan for M&M unless I can find a copy used in the near future, money is a bit tight for me right now.

Oh, and if this does go down... I want to play a Dwarf, an honest to god Tolkinienien fantasy style Dwarf. He can basically be an emissary from "The Mountain", he can be hypercritical of how much man has been able to propagate himself, but also a herald of the end of the age of man... whatever the the DM wants to do with the concept, I'm willing to play along.

I think I'll call him, Krothar the Imminent, and I'll use the Dorf-Translator in Dwarf Fortress to name him, and assist me in writing up some aspects of his personality.

Requia ☣

I don't think that fits the game concept really.

You could play as dWARf though.  (Who is proving incredibly resistant to google image searches sadly)

Brotep

"Rolling" a con man who accidentally acquired noncorporeality power. Versatile but weak CHA & DEX based character.

The Wizard

Got an idea for a weather controller.
Insanity we trust.

Requia ☣

I'm doing the whole living electricity archetype thing.  Blaster/low end speedster with some machine control powers.

The Wizard

Is there a deadline by which we should have our characters done?
Insanity we trust.

Kurt Christ

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on November 07, 2010, 03:33:43 AM
Is there a deadline by which we should have our characters done?
By the end of this week, I guess. Send character sheets by whatever method you feel like (plain text, pdf, whatever).
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

eighteen buddha strike

Ok, I think I see why my original idea is unacceptable, there was a post I missed back there.
I have a copy of the core book now, I'll try and think of a concept I like and I'll get it to you shortly.

The Wizard

Oh, and Vartox, I've got a couple NPC's I've made for fun that you might like. I created a Patriotic themed, counter terrorist super team a while back, and I designed an Anarcho-Syndicalist superman type, among others. Send me a PM if you want them.
Insanity we trust.

Brotep

I've come up with a substantially funnier idea: a character with extra detachable arms who carries them around in a briefcase.

eighteen buddha strike

Quote from: Aleister Growly on November 08, 2010, 06:31:11 AM
I've come up with a substantially funnier idea: a character with extra detachable arms who carries them around in a briefcase.

I was considering something along those lines myself, the "detachable limb" power has a lot of potential, especially when combined with say... cloning.

Right now I'm thinking of going the route of a parapalegic/comatose with high levels of astral projection and mental powers, seems a bit min-maxy, but unless I have a better idea by the time I finish my coffee this morning... I'll probably stat it out.