News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Now endorsed by Foodbabe!

Started by Dildo Argentino, October 27, 2014, 12:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelagoras The Boulder

"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Cain

Chelagoras The Boulder

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 19, 2014, 12:10:57 PM
Quote from: EL MAESTRO! on November 19, 2014, 05:07:44 AM
There's this new kid at my work who acts as though i'm the first adult to ever give him instructions. Everything i ask him is either "well, SOOO-REE, I didn't know!" or a neverending series of question on the theme of why i wont let him do X thing that i've already told everyone else they can't do.

Yesterday during an art project, i had the kids try to paint The Old Guitarist by Picasso, this kid painted a tiny little blue stick figure in the bottom right corner of his paper and painted the X-Files logo over the rest of his paper and then had the audacity to argue with me about whether or not that is completing the assignment. I honestly think this kid is trying to troll me.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Reginald Ret

Quote from: EL MAESTRO! on November 19, 2014, 07:51:03 PM
There's this new kid at my work who acts as though i'm the first adult to ever give him instructions. Everything i ask him is either "well, SOOO-REE, I didn't know!" or a neverending series of question on the theme of why i wont let him do X thing that i've already told everyone else they can't do.

Yesterday during an art project, i had the kids try to paint The Old Guitarist by Picasso, this kid painted a tiny little blue stick figure in the bottom right corner of his paper and painted the X-Files logo over the rest of his paper and then had the audacity to argue with me about whether or not that is completing the assignment. I honestly think this kid is trying to troll me.
Well, were his arguments any good?
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

hooplala

Sounds to me like he's doing a decent job.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Q. G. Pennyworth

Dear Open Bar:

I'm finalizing the cookie list. There aren't a lot of PDers on it just yet. If you haven't posted in that thread or PMed me, please do so tonight or tomorrow so I can get to baking.

Chelagoras The Boulder

Quote from: Reginald Ret (07/05/1983 - 06/11/2014) on November 19, 2014, 08:18:00 PM

Nah, it was mostly the typical "But WHHHYYYYYYYY?" And im sorry but I have higher standards for my class clowns than that. Kids these days, no respect for the fine art of disrupting a classroom.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: EL MAESTRO! on November 20, 2014, 02:31:41 AM
Quote from: Reginald Ret (07/05/1983 - 06/11/2014) on November 19, 2014, 08:18:00 PM

Nah, it was mostly the typical "But WHHHYYYYYYYY?" And im sorry but I have higher standards for my class clowns than that. Kids these days, no respect for the fine art of disrupting a classroom.
Hah, yeah. 2/10 points. He painted something and tried to argue, but that is nowhere near good enough.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Chelagoras The Boulder

Had a breakdown at work today, again. I really don't think i can do this long term. I might quit at the end of this semester, but i need something steady to switch to. Maybe another tutoring gig at another college.

LMNO

Dammit, I'm doing it again.  Someone on FB is saying that Obama's executive decision is illegal due to the Alien and Sedition Act.

Cain

Sorry, too busy playing Dragon Age: Inquisition to argue on FB.

Once I have more optimal graphics settings (stutter in cut scenes no bueno), I'll start recording.

LMNO

See, that just made me happy.  Thanks, Cain!

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 21, 2014, 01:34:47 PM
Dammit, I'm doing it again.  Someone on FB is saying that Obama's executive decision is illegal due to the Alien and Sedition Act.

I have got to see that.

Also...GET THAT GOLD FRINGE OFF MY FLAG!11!!
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

LMNO

The argument is that while the Alien Enemies act is still around, the Alien Friends act expired in the 1800s, which supposedly gives the power to deport aliens back to the states.

Too bad there's the US Code Title Six, Chapter One, line 5: "The Secretary, acting through the Under Secretary for Border and Transportation Security, shall be responsible for the following: (5) Establishing national immigration enforcement policies and priorities."