News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

The Fucking Secret

Started by navkat, February 06, 2011, 08:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

Funny how the cycle of the rant is ever recurring in topics such as these:

Irrational beliefs -> Rant -> Irrational beliefs -> Rant (or this case mere ridicule)

its like AN NEVERENDING FEEDBACKLOOP OF RAGE RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

LMNO

Anyone remember where that thread is where we did a microkenesis experiment here, with negative results?

The Johnny

But you are all a bunch of skeptic cynics!

You gotta believe in it for it to work!
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

navkat

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on February 11, 2011, 02:10:56 AM

But you are all a bunch of skeptic cynics!

You gotta believe in it for it to work!

Feedback loop complete.

Cramulus

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 11, 2011, 02:09:25 AM
Anyone remember where that thread is where we did a microkenesis experiment here, with negative results?

yeah, I think the subject involves babylon horuv and it's a few pages deep in Principia Discussion. I almost bumped it the other day when I was doing some archive archeology.

Cramulus

ahah! http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=21358.msg722072#msg722072

summary:

Quote from: fomenter on July 25, 2009, 05:23:59 AM
experiment preformed
failure resulted
excuses presented
illness blamed
magic1 now = self-hypnosis, NLP, meta-programming, etc.(science of self transformation)
magic2 now = i can change the world with a wave of my wand nutters (precognition, telekinesis, telepathy, et al.)
magic3 now = stage magic or illusionists

the concept of cheating was added and is awaiting a clear explanation

debate about whether believing in magic2 can get you laid is underway

Captain Utopia

I'm pretty informal in my requirement for such proof.  I just imagine every basement dweller who drones on about how magic/fairies/libertarianism will turn your life around in spectacular ways.  The only people whose lives are turned around by such revelations, are those lucky enough to dupe enough people to get themselves on a tour circuit and sell enough books.

navkat

Quote from: Captain Utopia on February 11, 2011, 03:02:40 AM
I'm pretty informal in my requirement for such proof.  I just imagine every basement dweller who drones on about how magic/fairies/libertarianism will turn your life around in spectacular ways.  The only people whose lives are turned around by such revelations, are those lucky enough to dupe enough people to get themselves on a tour circuit and sell enough books.

:lulz:

Fucker.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on February 11, 2011, 02:03:38 AM
its like AN NEVERENDING FEEDBACKLOOP OF RAGE RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This pretty much sums up the entire internet.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Captain Utopia

Quote from: navkat on February 11, 2011, 03:22:05 AM

Fucker.

I think Friedrich Engels summed it up best:

/ "The Invisible Hand of the free market.. will like totally solve all your problems!  Now, all you need to do is to.. keep doing what you're already doing, but MORESO.. and your capital will attract new capital!  Wallow - you DESERVE it.  If you think too much about the poor, it just makes things worse for them.  SO DON'T DO IT OR THE INVISIBLE HAND WILL SLAP YOU.  Besides, you don't need to worry about poor people because, everything will work itself out.  It is a merciful hand.  Love the hand.  It loves you.  Now go forth and tell all your friends to buy my books."

navkat

Quote from: Captain Utopia on February 11, 2011, 05:51:07 AM
Quote from: navkat on February 11, 2011, 03:22:05 AM
I'm pretty informal in my requirement for such proof.  I just imagine every basement dweller who drones on about how magic/fairies/libertarianism will turn your life around in spectacular ways.  The only people whose lives are turned around by such revelations, are those lucky enough to dupe enough people to get themselves on a tour circuit and sell enough books.

Fucker.

I think Friedrich Engels summed it up best:

/ "The Invisible Hand of the free market.. will like totally solve all your problems!  Now, all you need to do is to.. keep doing what you're already doing, but MORESO.. and your capital will attract new capital!  Wallow - you DESERVE it.  If you think too much about the poor, it just makes things worse for them.  SO DON'T DO IT OR THE INVISIBLE HAND WILL SLAP YOU.  Besides, you don't need to worry about poor people because, everything will work itself out.  It is a merciful hand.  Love the hand.  It loves you.  Now go forth and tell all your friends to buy my books."

Oh. I'm not a fiscal Libertarian so that doesn't apply to me after all.

Carry on, then.

Faust

Quote from: Cramulus on February 11, 2011, 02:50:30 AM
ahah! http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=21358.msg722072#msg722072

summary:

Quote from: fomenter on July 25, 2009, 05:23:59 AM
experiment preformed
failure resulted
excuses presented
illness blamed
magic1 now = self-hypnosis, NLP, meta-programming, etc.(science of self transformation)
magic2 now = i can change the world with a wave of my wand nutters (precognition, telekinesis, telepathy, et al.)
magic3 now = stage magic or illusionists

the concept of cheating was added and is awaiting a clear explanation

debate about whether believing in magic2 can get you laid is underway

Thank you for saving fifty pages.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Faust

Quote from: Ob_Portu on February 11, 2011, 01:06:17 AM
microkinesis is pretty well substantiated
you know, effecting the probable outcome of random number generaters and what not
life is a lot of chance events

ie:you do the math
Actually you are mixing up two different effects here to serve your own benefits.
It is true that random number generators outputs can be influenced and eventually become predictable because of the hardware limitations and the way the random number generator is coded.
It simply doesn't matter what the user is doing, they do not effect the outcome at all.

BadBeast

Quote from: Faust on February 11, 2011, 09:30:55 AM
you know, effecting the probable outcome of random number generaters and what not

Actually you are mixing up two different effects here to serve your own benefits.
It is true that random number generators outputs can be influenced and eventually become predictable because of the hardware limitations and the way the random number generator is coded.
It simply doesn't matter what the user is doing, they do not effect the outcome at all.
As the Law of Fives definitively proves, the whole concept of "Random Number" is fatally flawed, therefore any research using "Random Numbers" can be linked with, and used to support any Hypothesis, however spurious, given enough ingenuity on behalf of the researcher.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Faust

Quote from: BadBeast on February 11, 2011, 12:33:47 PM
Quote from: Faust on February 11, 2011, 09:30:55 AM

As the Law of Fives definitively proves, the whole concept of "Random Number" is fatally flawed, therefore any research using "Random Numbers" can be linked with, and used to support any Hypothesis, however spurious, given enough ingenuity on behalf of the researcher.
Nah, the random number thing is slightly different. There is no true random number generator, they all approach predictability at a certain point.