OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on September 04, 2015, 01:42:03 PM
Photo evidence is best evidence.  That said, i would recommend whistleblowing both after leaving and while in secure employment elsewhere.

Yeah. It's the biggest reason I'm looking for work at a new company. I hate to waste the nearly 3.5 years I've spent building union seniority and a good reputation, but I clearly can't keep letting myself burn out and hating my work environment. Figure it will take me a few months. Hope you enjoy your day off!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

This post is just me messing with the attachment option. Want to see if it works for pics.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Faust

Quote from: axod on September 04, 2015, 12:47:33 PM
So, due to the occupation(s) of some of my neighbors, home security is not really an issue.  However, some firm has been, uh, intimidating the locals to sign-up for protection because, look, how easy was it for them to ask that question, given that in order to do so, they were already trespassing...  Like how the physical manifestation of "angels" in penetration testing would seem to carry all relevant derogatory connotations when it comes to home security...  So, how interesting it was to see the same guy, normally driving arround in his pathetic yellow jeep, to be then also patrolling my hood in his personal station wagon...  Well, I just don't know what to say other than this typifies the abusive development in my hood.  Oh... humbug.

Stand your ground.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

This fucking place.

So.

Originally, as you know, the plan was to leave this building unmanned during the night.  After protests were raised, this plan was scrapped in favour of having some of the cleaning staff stand in for those attending the training, both day and night.  Shifts on those days, after training, would be manned by the people meant to man them, up until 23:15 at night.

However, they did not schedule in anyone for tonight.

My immediate boss is on a five day holiday in Norway.  This weekend is the student arrival weekend, the busiest time of the year, and he, as the manager of this building, has fucked off.  The two newest members of staff are doing inductions.  They've literally only been here 3 months. 

New locks are being installed on the top floor, for our own college students.  Staff here were not informed of this.  Our cards have not been updated to give us access.  These will have to be updated tomorrow, by one of the staff visiting the college.  Meaning there will only be one member of staff on shift for that time period, when new students may be arriving.

My boss's boss is not answering either of his phones.  His email inbox is also full, and so he cannot be contacted at all.

I am off for the next 3 days.  I giveth not a single fuck, and I sincerely await the shitshow that will result from this, when management demand someone's head.

LMNO

Cain

The morning shift are going to be locked out of the building tomorrow as well, until they call the operations guy with the phone.

I'm also going to go down tomorrow, during my off duty time, to let them know about the locks and cards.

But apart from that, I'm off from work and my emails until Tuesday.

Doktor Howl

*ahem*

I HATE SMASHWORDS WITH THE FIRE OF 1000 SUNS!

Goddammit.

Dok,
On his 12th revision of Little Orange book 1.
Molon Lube

Cain

Maybe they're called smashwords because they make you want to smash your keyboard?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on September 05, 2015, 12:35:26 AM
Maybe they're called smashwords because they make you want to smash your keyboard?

It's fucking killing me.

I've nuked it with wordpad, I've gone in and examined the formatting cues. There's NOTHING WRONG WITH IT.

On the other hand, Hell in a Dry Place bounced 3 times, but went through when I said "fuck it" and loaded the first iteration on attempt 4.

There's a British outlet called ghostwords.  I'm gonna load everything up there, too.
Molon Lube

Cain

I think (but I'm not 100% on this) that Wordpad can still introduce artifacts into the formatting, under certain specific circumstances.

I know this means doing it all again, but have you double-checked with Notepad?  That's my only suggestion, sorry.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on September 05, 2015, 12:51:11 AM
I think (but I'm not 100% on this) that Wordpad can still introduce artifacts into the formatting, under certain specific circumstances.

I know this means doing it all again, but have you double-checked with Notepad?  That's my only suggestion, sorry.
Yeah that's all I could think too. Pretty sure that a .txt file made on wordpad has formatting code in it that is occulted by the prog but should be visible in notepad. Other possibility that comes to mind if notepad doesn't work would be to try a prog from a different OS. I use a bare bones text app simply called Writer for doing longer posts here and elsewhere on my Android phone.

I had thought LO was already loaded. Do they have a tech support line? Probably not over Labour Day weekend...  :|

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Definitely gonna try it.  I'm out of options, here.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 05, 2015, 03:24:44 AM

Yeah that's all I could think too. Pretty sure that a .txt file made on wordpad has formatting code in it that is occulted by the prog but should be visible in notepad. Other possibility that comes to mind if notepad doesn't work would be to try a prog from a different OS. I use a bare bones text app simply called Writer for doing longer posts here and elsewhere on my Android phone.

I had thought LO was already loaded. Do they have a tech support line? Probably not over Labour Day weekend...  :|

LO is on smashwords.  I'm trying to get it out to distributors.
Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 05, 2015, 03:32:00 AM

Definitely gonna try it.  I'm out of options, here.

Any luck?