OPEN BAR: NO CISNORMATIVE ELVEN PATRIARCHS ALLOWED

Started by Cain, January 22, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reginald Ret

Cain,  my condolences.

Though I have to agree with them on one point: Pointing out the gender of the staff member in danger of being gang-raped was not very politically correct of you.

I thought of a question for PD: Is having your gender ignored as annoying as having your race ignored? i.e. when gender is falsely ignored as a factor do you feel like they are ignoring part of who you are?

... This is going to be one of those typical raging PD discussions isn't it?
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 16, 2015, 04:14:07 PM
Quote from: Faust on March 16, 2015, 03:23:45 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 16, 2015, 02:36:09 PM
Once again told that troubleshooting isn't necessary, that <insert absolutely irrelevant factor> will work, stop the job, they're going to run THE LAST OF THE MATERIAL WE HAVE FOR OUR BIGGEST CUSTOMER.

(once you run it, it's done.  It can't be re-ground.)

:lulz:  <--- Dok

This sounds like it is going to be a very expensive lesson to lilly that the universe doesn't have to do what you say even when you really want it to.

In the interests of the jobs that rely on this, I have elected to utterly disobey her and just fix the fucking thing.
One day your nice and sane behaviour is going to get you in trouble mister!
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sung Low on March 15, 2015, 10:55:55 PM
I've chosen to write more.

The broken laptop is both helpful an unhelpful to this. It's frustrating at times but also makes me think more as to creating prose that hasn't got that specific letter in it, which encourages me to be less lazy in my thinking.

I am actually enjoying this. Seeing if I can communicate effectively without using that particular letter.

It appears to be running smoothly at the moment.

I like this.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Reginald Ret on March 16, 2015, 04:19:48 PM
Cain,  my condolences.

Though I have to agree with them on one point: Pointing out the gender of the staff member in danger of being gang-raped was not very politically correct of you.

I thought of a question for PD: Is having your gender ignored as annoying as having your race ignored? i.e. when gender is falsely ignored as a factor do you feel like they are ignoring part of who you are?

Having your person ignored for any reason is bad.  People who do it are bad people.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Cain,  my condolences.

It's really dependent on context. As a scientist and a student, I want to be recognized for my work, not my physical chemistry or appearance. However, if we're talking about my life experience, being female contributes significantly to the way I interact with the world. Consider, for instance, that my mother stopped paying for my college education when I got engaged to be married. If I had been male, it's unlikely that she would have made the same decision.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

In this context, I would just like to make clear, it was made after there was an attempted rape just across the road the previous Saturday night.

It was also made clear, in the email, that it was about anyone who had to work alone.  It was just a classic red herring from management, which is their preferred method of engagement, when spluttering and being self-righteous or implying people should quit doesn't work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 16, 2015, 04:21:10 PM
Cain,  my condolences.

Having your person ignored for any reason is bad.  People who do it are bad people.

:lulz: I can always count on you to distill an issue down to its essence.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Prince-of-Plots on March 15, 2015, 02:40:27 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 15, 2015, 12:39:57 AM
Quote from: Prince-of-Plots on March 14, 2015, 09:51:24 PM
Staff meeting on Monday.

:fap:

This is going to be hilarious and terrible.

Uh oh.

Attacked by a drunken student tonight.  Got several bruises, nothing major.  Not the point though.

Said drunken student was meant to be kicked out earlier today, due to breaking rules about blocking the smoke detector in his room while on his final warning.  Line manager reversed his decision, gave him a second final chance.

Even better - I sent an email to my line manager on the 8th asking for guidance when dealing with drunken students who are not from the college who actually employs me.  Naturally, he has not replied.

So this meeting just got more fun than anyone ever wanted.

WHAT THE FUCK. Dude.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Emo Howard on March 15, 2015, 03:42:39 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 15, 2015, 03:19:27 AM
Quote from: Emo Howard on March 15, 2015, 01:14:20 AM
Went on the state career development website and filled out all the information on my skills/degree, and took the surveys on my likes/dislikes and personality. Website conveniently cross-references all this information to find what jobs I'm most suited for. Turns out it's NOTHING

Which means, of course, that I'm an ideal candidate for homelessness... except for the fact that I'm not really an outdoors-y person.

Have you ever signed on with a temp agency? Even done just to establish a work history and get into the swing of things it is quite instructive. Employment is mostly a matter of dedicating yourself and establishing a record and reputation. The rest is about being willing and able to flex to accommodate the goal. This may mean relocation if opportunity is scarce where you are.

About 3 years ago I relocated from southeastern Wisconsin to western and it's been a very difficult and rewarding experience. If you're unsure what you want to do or are suited for just do everything until you find what you like.

Best fortune to you!

Thanks. I'm not too worried about finding something, I'm actually fairly employable for a lot of $12/hr jobs, but, you know, I didn't go to college to make $12/hr.

I'm still hopeful I'll get the industrial maintenance / automation job through the temp agency I applied through. There's a decent amount of work in my area and in my field, but hardly any of it is entry level. If I had 3 years experience, I'd probably be having much better luck.

I have a bachelor's in Engineering Technology (from 5 years ago), but it seems companies are more interested in experience than degrees in that field.

This is basically always true of everything. It's also why a college degree is virtually worthless if you don't take internships or volunteer in your field.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Prince-of-Plots on March 16, 2015, 12:35:17 PM
Meeting time.

Thus far, the student who assaulted me on the weekend has not been expelled.  Trust me, I want an explanation for this.

I'd like to hear an explanation too. I trust you have mentioned the pressing of charges for fun and profit?

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 16, 2015, 04:36:22 PM
Cain,  my condolences.

DOURâ„¢:  We don't have ideas.  We make ideas DUMBER.
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

Quote from: Prince-of-Plots on March 16, 2015, 02:51:07 PM
Quote from: Reginald Ret on March 16, 2015, 01:30:26 PM
Meeting time.

Thus far, the student who assaulted me on the weekend has not been expelled.  Trust me, I want an explanation for this.
How did it go?

Meeting was hilariously bad.

However, the student is going to be shipped off to Russian military school at the end of the week.  So there is that at least.

Ah, missed this.

Beware people, Fucking with Cain = Siberia.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 16, 2015, 02:36:09 PM
Once again told that troubleshooting isn't necessary, that <insert absolutely irrelevant factor> will work, stop the job, they're going to run THE LAST OF THE MATERIAL WE HAVE FOR OUR BIGGEST CUSTOMER.

(once you run it, it's done.  It can't be re-ground.)

:lulz:  <--- Dok

It occurs to me that the incompetent are often shielded from their incompetence by everyone else's sense of self-preservation.

Lillie will probably go to her grave convinced that she was right all along and would have Showed You, if only people would stop blocking her brilliance.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on March 16, 2015, 04:51:21 PM
Quote from: Prince-of-Plots on March 16, 2015, 02:51:07 PM
Quote from: Reginald Ret on March 16, 2015, 01:30:26 PM
Meeting time.

How did it go?

Meeting was hilariously bad.

However, the student is going to be shipped off to Russian military school at the end of the week.  So there is that at least.

Ah, missed this.

Beware people, Fucking with Cain = Siberia.

:lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 16, 2015, 04:48:30 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 16, 2015, 04:36:22 PM
Cain,  my condolences.

DOURâ„¢:  We don't have ideas.  We make ideas DUMBER.

:lulz: This should be in the newsfeed.