News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Sorry to hear that, ECH.

Also, that blog...the comments are amazing.  It's almost like he's considered wrong by everyone outside of his little bubble or something.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 05, 2015, 07:09:19 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 05, 2015, 06:26:33 PM
Shit, ECH, they're talking about it on CNN right now. Dead body in a survival suit is about the worst thing you can find :(

Maybe.  Empty survival suits are worse.  In this case, the implication is that the guy had time to get into it.

Maybe someone else had time, too?  Probably not.  But we don't know yet.

Yeah, but the most likely reason for the remains being unidentifiable are that the sailor got into the gumby suit but never got out of the ship, eventually floating free when the ship turned over in its descent somewhere well below crush depth. They've found several empty survival suits. Everyone is still clinging to hope because of the lifeboat that hasn't been found but I'm a realist, my money is on that lifeboat being 15,000 feet underwater still attached to the davits.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on October 05, 2015, 07:18:16 PM
Shit, ECH, they're talking about it on CNN right now. Dead body in a survival suit is about the worst thing you can find :(

Maybe.  Empty survival suits are worse.  In this case, the implication is that the guy had time to get into it.

Yeah, but the most likely reason for the remains being unidentifiable are that the sailor got into the gumby suit but never got out of the ship, eventually floating free when the ship turned over in its descent somewhere well below crush depth. They've found several empty survival suits. Everyone is still clinging to hope because of the lifeboat that hasn't been found but I'm a realist, my money is on that lifeboat being 15,000 feet underwater still attached to the davits.

:sad:  Yeah.  I have a horror of sinking ships, so I always try to look on the bright side.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Cain on October 05, 2015, 07:17:45 PM
Sorry to hear that, ECH.

Also, that blog...the comments are amazing.  It's almost like he's considered wrong by everyone outside of his little bubble or something.

I'm just now reading the comments on the other posts and yeah, it's pretty great.

It's pretty much the same treatment he got here, only if everyone here were a foul-mouthed Mainer. :lulz:

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 05, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on October 05, 2015, 07:18:16 PM

:sad:  Yeah.  I have a horror of sinking ships, so I always try to look on the bright side.

Truth of it is, there's really no good way to die at sea other than having a heart attack asleep in your bunk. But most of the traditional options are awful. So awful that drowning, which is a HORRIBLE way to die, is probably the best of them.

East Coast Hustle

I have to quit smoking pot, so of course my last act as a stoner is going to be taking the biggest dab I can physically take. Like, 30 seconds from now.

I just mention it in case I decide to post something incredibly stupid and incoherent in a minute or two. :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on October 05, 2015, 07:30:52 PM
I have to quit smoking pot, so of course my last act as a stoner is going to be taking the biggest dab I can physically take. Like, 30 seconds from now.

I just mention it in case I decide to post something incredibly stupid and incoherent in a minute or two. :lulz:

BRACE YOURSELVES.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Q. G. Pennyworth

LMNO

Cain

So...I did a little research and found that the publisher of the BDN is pretty close to Sen. Collins.  Could explain why they're perfectly happy giving free reign to someone who constantly spouts misinformation.

Trivial

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 05, 2015, 04:51:35 AM
Quote from: Trivial Notgeil on October 05, 2015, 03:07:13 AM
The more I learn about entropy the less I think of it as a chaos phenomenon.  It's the reason why things happen the way they do.

How are you defining chaos, here?
Randomness I guess.  Been awhile since I've tried to write it down been 10 years since I've had to use thermoscience. Things like crystals don't form against entopy but because of it. They're seeking the lowest energy state and it's less chaotic than before.

Sort of thinking that the universe started as chaos and will end as chaos, but seems to be less so in the middle due to entropy.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Don Coyote

Well Meunster is being especially charming today  :kingmeh:

The Good Reverend Roger

Just about done prepping the first book of Life During Wartime.  I've edited it, stripped it, and now I have to put the formatting back in.  Call it two hours.  I still need a cover, and maybe a subtitle. 

So I should be able to convert it tonight.

Also, going to add two more chapters to Tales from Fat Ernie's.

The Good Reverend Roger

I had forgotten how much fun I had with ECH's character in LDW.