News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

I R STOOPID

Started by hooplala, May 01, 2013, 07:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on December 19, 2014, 09:32:21 AM
Also, fuck you guys' revisionist history.

RWHN was never that cool. I met him back when he hadn't been on the board that long and he was a weirdly breathy and pallid little shitburger even back then.

I liked him for a short while.  Until 2007 or so.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

RWHN was never that cool. I met him back when he hadn't been on the board that long and he was a weirdly breathy and pallid little shitburger even back then.

I thought he was OK, despite the fact that I loathe puns, especially bad puns. Unfortunately, he couldn't cope with my hatred of stupid puns and decided he was my enemy. Whatevs, bro.

But once he spiraled into his weird anti-pot "I AM A POLICYMAKER" power trip, he was just lost. Typical case of a person who feels powerless seeking control over their own lives by imposing control on others.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Johnny

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 19, 2014, 05:52:30 PM

I thought he was OK, despite the fact that I loathe puns, especially bad puns. Unfortunately, he couldn't cope with my hatred of stupid puns and decided he was my enemy. Whatevs, bro.

But once he spiraled into his weird anti-pot "I AM A POLICYMAKER" power trip, he was just lost. Typical case of a person who feels powerless seeking control over their own lives by imposing control on others.

The puns were a clear sign that something wasnt right. Never trust the intellectual integrity of a punner.  :fnord:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Doktor Howl

I like puns when they're well done but then delivered at the top of your voice.
Molon Lube

hooplala

I'm not sure I've ever seen a good pun.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Johnny on December 19, 2014, 06:20:25 PM

The puns were a clear sign that something wasnt right. Never trust the intellectual integrity of a punner.  :fnord:

Not fixed, just generally worth noting/
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 19, 2014, 07:29:32 PM
That's a good one.

It's the first "Coral" pun.  Nothing has ever gotten close to it.

(It's also a fairly old joke)
Molon Lube

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Johnny

One of millions of these things... i really personally hate puns, like, its a manner to be proud of oneselves vocabulary range and homophone usage thinking it makes oneself superior or SGITR sort of thing, gives me the heevy jeevies, we sohuld start a pention to ban puns in the world something about it slowly turning  grey matter in to liquid jelly

Or 

:?
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 19, 2014, 07:10:40 PM

I like puns when they're well done but then delivered at the top of your voice.

I like puns when they're fucking awful and the person delivering them knows they're fucking awful.

Puns are generally considered the lowest form of humor because double-entendre is one of the earliest forms children learn, it's a very naive and undeveloped form of humor. Humor relies on surprise, and puns, by their nature, rarely deliver it. The more complex the thought processes must be to comprehend the humor, and the more the brain has to work to get it, the more rewarding it is.

Puns aren't inherently bad, they're just very, very simple and it is a simple mind which believes itself clever because it can pun.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Johnny on December 20, 2014, 01:24:33 AM

One of millions of these things... i really personally hate puns, like, its a manner to be proud of oneselves vocabulary range and homophone usage thinking it makes oneself superior or SGITR sort of thing, gives me the heevy jeevies, we sohuld start a pention to ban puns in the world something about it slowly turning  grey matter in to liquid jelly

Or 

I am with you 100%

Except for the fact that puns are really fun for children who are around four years old. They're just magic for preschoolers, so they do have some use in the world.

QueenThera

Or 

People have hated puns for over a century, as detailed in the Marvelous Land of Oz, where the kindly Tin Woodman threatens a giant bug with an axe for his constant use of them.

They're not going away.
Often incoherent. Tends to ramble on about various topics.
Hopes to get beyond that.

Formerly BrotherPrickle

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: BrotherPrickle on December 20, 2014, 02:37:12 AM

Or 

People have hated puns for over a century, as detailed in the Marvelous Land of Oz, where the kindly Tin Woodman threatens a giant bug with an axe for his constant use of them.

They're not going away.

Obviously they aren't going away, as there will always be simple people for whom puns are the best they can do.