News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

Colbertgasm: superpac edition

Started by Fractalbeard, July 31, 2011, 02:47:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fractalbeard

I know that this is short notice, but Stephen Colbert announced that he wants his superpac to stand for something, and he wants his fans to decide. Shall we try to sway the vote towards something discordy? Some ideas are:

SCIENCE! (thanks, Nigel!)
The strange times
The bavarian illuminati
De-immanentizing the Eschaton

There's a big yellow button to leave suggestions here:
Www.colbertsuperpac.com

Who's game?
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insuficiently advanced.

Fractalbeard

It seems that SCIENCE! is the choice, so take a stand! (I'm not sure how much longer the link will be up)
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insuficiently advanced.

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cuddlefish

Also for SCIENCE! Then again for De-immanentizing the Eschaton.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Cramulus

Telarus

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/08/magazine/stephen-colbert.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

Good article. I especially liked the mention of the Nixon campaign poster in the writer's office, and the weird crazy Improv Master that Colbert studied under (in Chicago?.... that guy seems like he may have legitimate connections to the old skool Erisians).

Also.. we need to figure out how to do pranks for the Colbert SuperPac (and divert a tiny slice of that income stream our way... then we'd be a really real secret society.)
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Telarus on January 06, 2012, 10:19:09 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/08/magazine/stephen-colbert.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

Good article. I especially liked the mention of the Nixon campaign poster in the writer's office, and the weird crazy Improv Master that Colbert studied under (in Chicago?.... that guy seems like he may have legitimate connections to the old skool Erisians).

Also.. we need to figure out how to do pranks for the Colbert SuperPac (and divert a tiny slice of that income stream our way... then we'd be a really real secret society.)

I'm halfway through the article... it's fascinating!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

El Sjaako

Quote from: Telarus on January 06, 2012, 10:19:09 AM
The weird crazy Improv Master that Colbert studied under (in Chicago?.... that guy seems like he may have legitimate connections to the old skool Erisians).
I know Del Close was at some of the acid tests (of kool aid fame), so he knew some of the west coast psychedelic scene.