News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

Can we talk about me now? (Open bar thread #3,494)

Started by Juana, October 04, 2012, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Quote from: Man Green on October 25, 2012, 03:10:47 AM
Quote from: American Jackal on October 25, 2012, 12:56:11 AM
Also, math professor broke minds today when asked how to graph the imaginary roots of a parabola on an real 2d coordinate plane.
"I can't graph in 4 dimensions, but it's ok because you don't have 4th dimensional eyes"

I don't know what that means. What math class are you in?

Precalc.

LMNO

It's funny how a person's tastes can change over time.  Years ago, when Starbucks first came up with their Pumpkin Spice Latte, I couldn't get enough of them, I thought they were awesome.  I used to go out of my way to drink them.  These days, the only thing I really care about drinking is scotch.

Cain

LMNO

I fucking hope not.  I'd hate to see how badly they'd fuck that up.

Cain

Yeah.  They'd probably sell it as a frappachino.

LMNO

"Can I get a grande, soy, no-whip scotch latte?"

"Please leave, sir."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: American Jackal on October 25, 2012, 04:16:23 AM
Also, math professor broke minds today when asked how to graph the imaginary roots of a parabola on an real 2d coordinate plane.
"I can't graph in 4 dimensions, but it's ok because you don't have 4th dimensional eyes"

Precalc.

Oh, ok. I'm taking that next term.  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I woke up at five.

Do I have to be awake?

No. Class is not until eleven and my children have perfectly good alarm clocks.

Nonetheless, here I am.

LMNO

Cain

By coincidence, I also woke up at 5am today.

However, that was 9 hours ago.  Your clock must be running late.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Man Green on October 25, 2012, 02:25:37 PM
Quote from: American Jackal on October 25, 2012, 04:16:23 AM

Precalc.

Oh, ok. I'm taking that next term.  :lulz:

I also think I am older than my math professor.

Juana

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 25, 2012, 01:09:07 PM
It's funny how a person's tastes can change over time.  Years ago, when Starbucks first came up with their Pumpkin Spice Latte, I couldn't get enough of them, I thought they were awesome.  I used to go out of my way to drink them.  These days, the only thing I really care about drinking is scotch.
I used to be like that, too. And now I'm only interested it in chocolate milk, which is about all I order from there these days.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Juana

Also, yay for Villager's illness being managable!
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Pope Pixie Pickle

WHAT DO, PEEDEE?

I'm *this* close to losing my shit with my housemates.

One of my candleholders got broken, and no one mentioned a damn thing about it. The bathroom and kitchen have been overdue for a clean by my housemates for a week now, they dump all the post into a box that never gets separated out which led to me failing to notice that my new debit card had been sent (My account WAS going to be transferred to another bank, which was then pulled out of...) I went to go by smokes and my card was refused, phoned the bank and got the why explained to me, cancelled the card that was sent and got some emergency money, got home, found the card!

So the bathroom is getting done at the weekend, the kitchen maybe never, and I'm about to totally fucking lose it.